'We'd love Matt on board': Barrett keen on Penrith ace

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the complexity is that JAC wants to go to Tigers but storm will not release him without compensation and Tigers refusing the compensation requested.

2022 he can go to Tigers without the compensation.

Dogs will pay compensation, but JAC signed the heads of agreement...
We should let Reimis go and get Jake Simpkin from the Tigers as compensation, he'll end up being a very handy 9

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard Burton was touring Belmore facilities on Friday arvo... apparently he's already made his decision but has not been announced yet.
Is this legit or this a David Holland type of fact? DH did mention "it's done" on Saturday so this ties up with the Friday tour but then again its DH so....

Someone else mentioned in another thread that the tour was on Monday morning but either way that's a good sign

If he has made a decision that is great because it means we'll get an announcement soon. I'm desperate for him to sign but either way I just want this saga to be over with. The Flanno signing was quick and easy but this is starting to drag on....and don't get me started on JAC

Malla

Reaction score
Is this legit or this a David Holland type of fact? DH did mention "it's done" on Saturday so this ties up with the Friday tour but then again its DH so....

Someone else mentioned in another thread that the tour was on Monday morning but either way that's a good sign

If he has made a decision that is great because it means we'll get an announcement soon. I'm desperate for him to sign but either way I just want this saga to be over with. The Flanno signing was quick and easy but this is starting to drag on....and don't get me started on JAC
It's legit. He was there on Friday, the offer was tabled and they were expecting a response by yesterday - as far as I have been led to believe, he has responded (i don't know if thats good or bad) - and it will be announced soon.

Also want to note that all of what comes out of Baz's mouth is if we can get Burton for 2021 season, this tells me that he's signed with us from 2022 on wards.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Heard Burton was touring Belmore facilities on Friday arvo... apparently he's already made his decision but has not been announced yet.
I heard he toured aswell

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Yeah i thought he toured yesterday morning. Either way if hes done a tour then he must be close to making his decision. Fingers crossed

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully there was a no. 6 jersey hanging up with his name on it in the sheds.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tedesco toured Belmore too the 3 days before he was signed as the Roosters prized signing LOL

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's legit. He was there on Friday, the offer was tabled and they were expecting a response by yesterday - as far as I have been led to believe, he has responded (i don't know if thats good or bad) - and it will be announced soon.

Also want to note that all of what comes out of Baz's mouth is if we can get Burton for 2021 season, this tells me that he's signed with us from 2022 on wards.
Wow, that's great to hear. Cheers for the update.

Yeah that actually makes sense because in the interview Baz did yesterday he said that "he needs to decide where he wants to be in 2022 and 2023 first". Presumably the interview was done in the morning so the club probably hadn't heard back from him yet so Baz's answer now makes sense

Either way we should know in the next 24-48 hours. If I was a betting man, I'd say there is 90% chance we've got him...so then Lewis can start his whingeing

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thurston toured Belmore in 2012. Don’t get your hopes up until it’s announced lads lol
Fingers Ferguson also toured Belmore before signing with Parra. Players tour clubs facilities all the time when considering making a move to a new club, I wouldn't read too much into it.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fingers Ferguson also toured Belmore before signing with Parra. Players tour clubs facilities all the time when considering making a move to a new club, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Probably regretting going to that s**t a** club now.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he toured on Friday why did he come back on Monday ? Am I missing something ?