News Both Storm Hookers Threaten to Leave if Smith plays on.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
and we won't sign either of them if they become available...

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy both
We have a ‘war chest’
Grant 9
Smith 14

With the amount of fringe first graders we have we should be able to buy at least ten of these kind of
Players with the correct salary cap management

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Buy both
We have a ‘war chest’
Grant 9
Smith 14

With the amount of fringe first graders we have we should be able to buy at least ten of these kind of
Players with the correct salary cap management
We don't have as much money as we initially thought. It only looks like we can buy one marquee player (we've already signed Thompson and Cotric on big money). Also B. Smith would be 13 not 14, especially with how much he'd be on. He's also made it known he wants to play hooker.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get which ever one we can. I’d prefer grant first but would still be happy with b.smith. Then get Addo-Carr as well

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youd think tbaz would be all over this
Yeh! well that's the problem at the moment "Tbaz" is so busy tired up with the Panthers as assistant Coach he has no time to worry about us now, if Penrith make it to the GF that's another 4 weeks wasted for us, in the mean time players are coming on going on the market and we don't seem interested in anyone, by the time he has finished with Penrith it will be to late, we've let 8 players go and Cotric is the only decent signing we have to show for it, I hope by the time TBaz pulls his finger out that we will be able to field a decent 30man squad.
FFS we just can't seem to get of this mess - created by another wanna be failed coach who ripped us of big bucks.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh! well that's the problem at the moment "Tbaz" is so busy tired up with the Panthers as assistant Coach he has no time to worry about us now, if Penrith make it to the GF that's another 4 weeks wasted for us, in the mean time players are coming on going on the market and we don't seem interested in anyone, by the time he has finished with Penrith it will be to late, we've let 8 players go and Cotric is the only decent signing we have to show for it, I hope by the time TBaz pulls his finger out that we will be able to field a decent 30man squad.
FFS we just can't seem to get of this mess - created by another wanna be failed coach who ripped us of big bucks.
Nah. I'm sure he's talking to plenty of people about next year. Certainly don't believe his "I'm 100% focused on the Panthers till the end of the season"

He'd be completely shooting his coaching career in the foot if he sits on his hands until the end of the season. I'm certain that he's been talking to the club, players etc.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think we'll get rid of a few more too. Currently contracted players.
Nah. I'm sure he's talking to plenty of people about next year. Certainly don't believe his "I'm 100% focused on the Panthers till the end of the season"

He'd be completely shooting his coaching career in the foot if he sits on his hands until the end of the season. I'm certain that he's been talking to the club, players etc.
Fingers Crossed, Tassie do you know what I love about you ( in a brotherly way of course ) I've read a lot of your posts and you are always so positive, you see the good in everything & like I said before you give us all hope, you're very uplifting and I'm so glad you are a Bulldog Supporter

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fingers Crossed, Tassie do you know what I love about you ( in a brotherly way of course ) I've read a lot of your posts and you are always so positive, you see the good in everything & like I said before you give us all hope, you're very uplifting and I'm so glad you are a Bulldog Supporter
Haha you haven't read enough of what I talk about

Appreciate the kind words, tho think I'm no different to a majority on here. We all want this great club of ours to get back to where it belongs. At the top.

We all have our special memories of the dogs, and I'm sure our time is just around the corner ....

Ok. Maybe the corner is quite a big one but you know what I means

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha you haven't read enough of what I talk about

Appreciate the kind words, tho think I'm no different to a majority on here. We all want this great club of ours to get back to where it belongs. At the top.

We all have our special memories of the dogs, and I'm sure our time is just around the corner ....

Ok. Maybe the corner is quite a big one but you know what I means
Here, Here, I second that, well said mate & you just did it again. I'm not very religious but " Blessed are the peace makers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I honestly think we'll get rid of a few more too. Currently contracted players.
Napa, Lewis and DWZ. The problem is finding a buyer that makes sense for both parties. Broncos and Sharks have been trying to offload certain players for years and haven't been able to.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here, Here, I second that, well said mate & you just did it again. I'm not very religious but " Blessed are the peace makers
HA. I'm no peacemaker if you're referring to me being one. Nor am I in the slightest bit religious. But appreciate the thoughts :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would be pretty excited about the next few years if we signed Grant. He just seems like one of those players that has the energy and enthusiasm to inspire those around him. But the two big hurdles are in getting the Storm to let him go and to beat other clubs in the race to sign him.

If this all went down over the next few weeks it's a shit time for an anonymous ticket to be trying to oust part of the current board.

Everything starts with the decisions the hooker makes so a young dynamic hooker is a huge part of the puzzle. If he goes on the market I'd hope the club pull out some magic and sign him.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are no chance if what’s happening at board level is even remotely true. Why would any player want to come here with this crap going on

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TBaz with his coaching career just around the corner and possibly do or die for him, do you think it’s not the most important time of his life to get it right before he arrives. He would be well invested in what’s happening, player movement and hitting the ground running. Only a fool wouldn’t be.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TBaz with his coaching career just around the corner and possibly do or die for him, do you think it’s not the most important time of his life to get it right before he arrives. He would be well invested in what’s happening, player movement and hitting the ground running. Only a fool wouldn’t be.
Exactly this. It's almost impossible to believe that Barrett isn't even thinking about the Dogs and next year, because if that were the case he may as well not come. Let's nto forget also that he's got his coaching team already established so they'll also be analysising players etc.

I honestly believe that we do have a few players already signed up that we're waiting for their club's seasons to finish so we can announce them.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agreed. He’s also walking into a role that would be worth 3-4 times more than what Penrith would be paying him and he would want that salary extended for as long as possible. He seems like a clever bloke so I’m confident he’ll be doing plenty for the club currently

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed. He’s also walking into a role that would be worth 3-4 times more than what Penrith would be paying him and he would want that salary extended for as long as possible. He seems like a clever bloke so I’m confident he’ll be doing plenty for the club currently
It's just plain common sense, isn't it?

Of course he's going to say he's currently 100% committed to the Panthers. And of course he is.

But he doesn't spend 24/7 doing Panthers stuff. In his 'off time' he'll be going through as much Bulldogs stuff as possible. Those 8 players that we let go. Barrett wasn't consulted on any of that? That Manly second rower that worked with him previously. That was a 100% board decision?

Come on now people ;)