News Both Storm Hookers Threaten to Leave if Smith plays on.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I can't imagine Grant going anywhere else but the Tigers, he is already a cult hero there, I would be surprised if he plays anywhere else even next year. B Smith is the interesting one I can see a few scenarios where we may be able to snag him.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think C Smith retires at least from the storm. He may go one more year in brissy and then join coaching staff with Bellamy. Just a guess..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
These fellas may get tired and frustrated with waiting for someone else to dictate their futures. And I know in the back of my mind is that Belly is gone after next season. Who will coach the Storm then. Smith?
That could be precisely the plan - Belly hands the baton to Smith. Risky though, we’ve seen many examples where good players don’t necessarily make good coaches. And yes, it would seem that both those young fellas want to start at 9, so hopefully we can take advantage of any disruption...

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This Kid Grant’s next contract is so important, it’s going to be big and I get an impression of him that he may end up being a one club player. Here’s our chance to take a punt.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think C Smith retires at least from the storm. He may go one more year in brissy and then join coaching staff with Bellamy. Just a guess..
What if C Smith ends up coach at Storm with Belly his director?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd take the job, couldn't do any worse than the current and previous one.

Won't even draw a salary, would just want a few boxes for the family and friends.
I'll even bring my own camping chair and empty esky :grinning:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What if C Smith ends up coach at Storm with Belly his director?
Wouldn’t rule it out... I just think Brisbane boys will return home eventually..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would pay overs for Harry Grant and go all in for a million. This guy will be the best Hooker in the game once Cam Smith retires. Don’t rate Brandon as a Hooker but would love to see him in the number 13
For us.
Totally agree hes worth the risk

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want Grant to sign , but didn't he pass on us before? We need a great number 9, not an average one. Go hard and make him an offer he cant refuse

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt Storm let them both go

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
yeh im not sold on smith at hooker, grant yes. Lets get Laundy in there asap to talk them
Lol yes. He's driving to Dubbo this weekend. If Harry's back in Melbourne, could Arthur drop around on the way.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn’t rule it out... I just think Brisbane boys will return home eventually..
Smith yes. But Belly ain’t from Brisneyland.
Probably can smell the cash?
The plot thickens...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That could be precisely the plan - Belly hands the baton to Smith. Risky though, we’ve seen many examples where good players don’t necessarily make good coaches. And yes, it would seem that both those young fellas want to start at 9, so hopefully we can take advantage of any disruption...
My gut feel is they put Harry at 9 as it looks like they have been moulding B Smith to a lock for a while now... he hasn’t played much 9 at all for a while.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith yes. But Belly ain’t from Brisneyland.
Probably can smell the cash?
The plot thickens...
No but he loves there before and apparently son wants to raise kids on the Goldy... personally I think they all end up in Brissy...