Phil Gould advising Trent Barrett to Re consider deal with the dogs

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if the Anderson's have an agenda. Coorey needs to fall on his sword. In this #metoo area, his conduct suggests that he needs to move on from the club. He has done his time, give him a pat on the back as he walks out the door.
Grow some nuts.

No disrespect intended.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Grow some nuts.

No disrespect intended.
Obviously someone who doesn't work in management. You can't run a professional club by having old boys like this doing crap like that. Just allows a toxic culture, and looking at the clubs results over the past 5 years, it's run it's course.

Anyway, don't you have a chook raffle somewhere to run?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you fucking kidding me? That Red headed Fuckwit is the reason we have Barrett coming and not Shaun Wane or Griffin or Bellamy....

Gus’s ultimate revenge....
I have watched and listened to Gus since the SL war, and I could write a book on the comments he has made designed to harm our club.
What riles me most is hearing some of our supporters promoting him thinking that the sun shines out of his arse.
I just hope that these comment of his are the catalyst which will unite our club, and use it as motivation.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is the media going to get off our back. We signed Thompson, Cotric, got rid of pay, signed Barrett, not getting thrashed even though we are last and have some money to spend next year. I think we are heading in a different direction with these changes. It’s time the media zips it. The dogs will show the nrl again why they won’t remain down the bottom. People like gus are sad, who advises a coach that has just signed a contract to reconsider. Like is he for real?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Anyone to do with our past success should not be employed by the club. They should always be welcomed as legends but it is where it should stop. Those day's are gone.
Too many board members who have their heads in the scrum is not the way for a modern club to survive.
It is a business.
If the business is struggling, the team struggles as well.
Time the members called for an extraordinary general meeting and forced the board to sort things out, or face an election.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gould is the biggest fwit in league he clearly got dementia.. how anyone could possibly think he is a guru is beyond me..

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: only poor people have to put up with Gould the ****! Foxtel is some more insightful and entertaining , watching channel 9 is like going to ya reunion and Boone is talking and waiting for someone to talk . The chimpster and morondog72 are poor

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great Post mate, if you feel disillusioned about the way the club is going you're branded as pro Dib by some on here which is not the case.

Some of us just want what's best for the club and at this stage it's neither Dib or the Andersons. It's also not Gould or people like Graeme Hughes.
How do as fanatical fans get our club back!!

Malla

Reaction score
Pretty well documented that Gus and Andersons don't get on so it's hard to accept Gus opinion as subjective here. It's anything but.
It is quite obvious that Gus has lost a whole lot of influence at various clubs. Got the boot at the Panthers. Did a review on the Dragons last year, now saying it wasn't a review when the Dragons went shit house, then Dragons go ahead and sign the coach he sacked from Panthers which I hope was a slap in the chin for him. This was after both he and Andrew Webster went on a media tirade against Griffin attacking his character.
Now he's targetting Baz? Seriously. Nothing has changed at the Dogs at board level from earlier this year to now. Baz knew what he was getting himself into and like I have been saying all along, which club doesn't have this type of shit happening at board level? They all do.
Anyway, Gus has fallen back on probably the only team desperate enough to take him and that's the warriors. Good luck to him the fat flog.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I am sure there is in fighting I would be surprised after the des mess and the last 3 years if there wasn't but I also don't get Phil gold he always. Seems to be super negative on the dogs, always loves sticking the boot in maybe he still has a grudge from his coaching days on got passed over for a board position who knows. I also hate how dhe loves the roarters and is always calling JWH big dog, makes me sick.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad sad times. TBAZ just needs to get here, flick everyone , take full control and build this great club back up.. sick of all this.!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually agree with this in that having this fixation on 'ex-Dogs' just muddies the water too much.

Will be interesting over the next week to see what happens at the Dogs. The club will need to come out now and say something as it's getting a tad crazy.

As for Gould. I think people blow smoke up his arse way too often, treating him as come kind of Messiah which he clearly isn't. No doubt there's shit going on atm but to come out and suggest that Barrett backs out of his deal is bullshit. By all means contact him privately and say that if you really feel that, but to drag the club's name through the mud on national TV doing it?

Don't know. Doesn't sit well with me that's he's done that
He has only won 2 premierships as a coach.. I thought he won more considering his status but that's pretty shit considering he coached at som powerhouse clubs with ready made teams.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arthur & Craig Laundy need to round up there business savvy connections to run for election next year, we need to move to a professional model capable of competing with the Roosters, Storm, rather than voting in ex players that add no value per se. Besides Dunn & Ballesty what skills do the other Board members bring to the club?..At some point, Steve Waugh was earmarked for board election, that’s the type of influence we need in the club..Barrett & the new coaching team will definitely improve our team results next year, confident he will also announce key signings by end of year...
-Please don’t use Dunn and skills in the same sentence. Talks up a big game with zero contribution.He is a major part of the problem not the solution.
-Steve Waugh is a Wests Tigers supporter, brother Mark is the Dogs supporter.
-Barrett is struggling to attract quality coaching staff; at the moment D Furner, D Ferris & Craig Sandercock are the names mentioned.
-The key signings will hinge on
1 )who gets the Broncos gig
2) who Hook will move on at the Dragons