Phil Gould advising Trent Barrett to Re consider deal with the dogs

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For the record, I’m not pro Dib, pro Anderson, or pro anything other than PRO BULLDOGS!! Give us our FKN club BACK!
Great Post mate, if you feel disillusioned about the way the club is going you're branded as pro Dib by some on here which is not the case.

Some of us just want what's best for the club and at this stage it's neither Dib or the Andersons. It's also not Gould or people like Graeme Hughes.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like I said before. This club needs to no longer employ fucking ex Dogs people in key positions. Sure have them around the fucking joint. But don't let these people near the Board or Chairperson gigs. They seem to always get booted anyway and piss away a few years of what could of been. I am dead set concerned next year we will finish between 16th and 14th. We don't look like improving and with these c*** trying to elevate friends and family in the board/admin areas it's problem on fucking problem. MADONE
Actually agree with this in that having this fixation on 'ex-Dogs' just muddies the water too much.

Will be interesting over the next week to see what happens at the Dogs. The club will need to come out now and say something as it's getting a tad crazy.

As for Gould. I think people blow smoke up his arse way too often, treating him as come kind of Messiah which he clearly isn't. No doubt there's shit going on atm but to come out and suggest that Barrett backs out of his deal is bullshit. By all means contact him privately and say that if you really feel that, but to drag the club's name through the mud on national TV doing it?

Don't know. Doesn't sit well with me that's he's done that

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great Post mate, if you feel disillusioned about the way the club is going you're branded as pro Dib by some on here which is not the case.

Some of us just want what's best for the club and at this stage it's neither Dib or the Andersons. It's also not Gould or people like Graeme Hughes.
Spot on. It's just depressing having to continually read this negativity about our club. Something is seriously wrong.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Commentators and analysts paid to commentate and analyse.
Gus has also been very complimentary to us in the past remember.

Only last month there were posts about 'Gus is a bulldog at heart clearly' and things like that.

When bulldogs are being incompetent l, it's probably beneficial to us for Gus and the tv ppl to anal raps us on tv

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Someone on the forum kept suggesting Gould was going to be working with us in the near future... what happend
Actually agree with this in that having this fixation on 'ex-Dogs' just muddies the water too much.

Will be interesting over the next week to see what happens at the Dogs. The club will need to come out now and say something as it's getting a tad crazy.

As for Gould. I think people blow smoke up his arse way too often, treating him as come kind of Messiah which he clearly isn't. No doubt there's shit going on atm but to come out and suggest that Barrett backs out of his deal is bullshit. By all means contact him privately and say that if you really feel that, but to drag the club's name through the mud on national TV doing it?

Don't know. Doesn't sit well with me that's he's done that
Maybe he feels it will take something drastic to stop "the biggest club in Sydney" from self imploding. He knows whats going on.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe he feels it will take something drastic to stop "the biggest club in Sydney" from self imploding. He knows whats going on.
By talking about it on a footy show? Nah, better ways to go about it but get what you're saying.

If he's really doing it for the right reasons he wouldn't put Barrett under so much pressure by making it such a public things. Nor would it put the pressure on the club either.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
By talking about it on a footy show? Nah, better ways to go about it but get what you're saying.

If he's really doing it for the right reasons he wouldn't put Barrett under so much pressure by making it such a public things. Nor would it put the pressure on the club either.
He is probably doing it with Barrett's permission.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus likes to bag clubs out BUT never backs himself to fix the problem or be positive for once, I am sure the NRL and many other clubs have asked Gus to join them but yet again he never takes the job (even the NRL offered him a job but he runs from it and takes a pathway job with the Warriors) because he knows he is all talk and cannot back it up!
He once coached us to a premiership, so rather than bag us in the media why try not help a club who gave him a job many years ago, just seems like he cannot let go of Penrith even though they told him to bugger off and are doing well post Gus times !!!
I have supported this club for over 35yrs and whilst the last few years plus 2020 hasn't been good, I will remain loyal and be hopeful that we will turn things around soon and stay positive! Enough of the toxic media bashing and a little positive support might be nice for a change! Up the DOGGIESSSS bring 2021 and fingers crossed we see some improvements!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus likes to bag clubs out BUT never backs himself to fix the problem or be positive for once, I am sure the NRL and many other clubs have asked Gus to join them but yet again he never takes the job (even the NRL offered him a job but he runs from it and takes a pathway job with the Warriors) because he knows he is all talk and cannot back it up!
He once coached us to a premiership, so rather than bag us in the media why try not help a club who gave him a job many years ago, just seems like he cannot let go of Penrith even though they told him to bugger off and are doing well post Gus times !!!
I have supported this club for over 35yrs and whilst the last few years plus 2020 hasn't been good, I will remain loyal and be hopeful that we will turn things around soon and stay positive! Enough of the toxic media bashing and a little positive support might be nice for a change! Up the DOGGIESSSS bring 2021 and fingers crossed we see some improvements!!!
I hate Gus always talks crap and can't back it up, someone should ask him about his 5 yr plan, its easy to take a job with the Warriors when eveyone knows up to 50% of Polynesian players are now playing NRL footy so it is a no brainer that NZ will offer great juniors for the NRL so he takes a job that is fail proof!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is good mates with the Coorey's.

Based on what is happening to one of them right now, makes sense why he is blowing up.

Bit like ennis pushing the signing of reynolds in the media ( mates,family friends)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Coincidence???

Gus was good to us while he looking for a new gig somewhere and holding his options open.

Then one he signs somewhere he's back to having a dig at us.
And don’t you love the plug for the Pennies: ‘a really good club’. Yes they are having a good year no denial of that but that was totally Gus pumping up his own tyres - that it was all his doing - even though bringing Cleary back was against what he wanted (he wanted Bennett before he signed with Souths) and left when Cleary got the job. Turn it up Gus...

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And don’t you love the plug for the Pennies: ‘a really good club’. Yes they are having a good year no denial of that but that was totally Gus pumping up his own tyres - that it was all his doing - even though bringing Cleary back was against what he wanted (he wanted Bennett before he signed with Souths) and left when Cleary got the job. Turn it up Gus...
It'll be interesting to see how they get on without Barrett there next season.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of course he is saying this he just wants Barret to stay because he’s doing good things for the panthers, Gus’s personal love child.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is sinking the boot in as they do when any other team is floundering.
There just maggots, they all preach whats good for the nrl and whats good for all the clubs.
As soon as it starts to stink a little, these maggots are there to put their boot in.
These so called journalists never have the brains to talk footy or even have players or coaches on to talk footy on their shows,its just sensationalism crap.
Why do you think all the wanks on these shows are there, because they are employed by the same people who sell newspapers.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Way too many articles floating around for the turmoil to not be true. They all need to get on a bus together and drive off a cliff. Then we get the club back. Should be fukin ashamed of themselves!