Official Message from Andrew Hill

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are the hillbillies
Hill's comment about family sticking together makes me even more concerned that another extension for Pay is coming.

I'm sick of hearing the family club cliché.. The Roosters are known as the ruthless and aggressive club and look where they are. Compare that to where our precious family values and 1980's old school mentality have led our club..

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The results haven’t been great obviously but at the beginning of 2018 no-one would’ve picked Foz’ injury run (10% of the cap on the sideline for 50% of the time), experienced players being released and deregistered and the squad challenges with the cap (disputed by some). I don’t think Pay has succeeded but I don’t think there’s clear answers to replace him at this point either. I think 2022 provides more options but the squad must improve for 2021 irrespective. Are players refusing to sign because of the coach? We’ll soon know, but I find it hard to believe that the club wouldn’t act accordingly if that’s the message being sent.
Good points DD. Are you confident if he is extended that next year won’t be another write off and another rebuild will have to begin in 2022 with a new coach? Will promising juniors get a good chance to play?

Despite many, many baffling player selections still ongoing, Pay did make a few good calls this year which showed he is either getting advice from elsewhere or that he can own and respond to wrong decisions..
i.e. Hoppa to fullback, DWZ to wing, Lewis dropped, Meaney dropped, Wakeham in, RFM starting on an edge, Elliott to lock etc.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sound like one of my sales reps......now gone
We are the hillbillies
The results haven’t been great obviously but at the beginning of 2018 no-one would’ve picked Foz’ injury run (10% of the cap on the sideline for 50% of the time), experienced players being released and deregistered and the squad challenges with the cap (disputed by some). I don’t think Pay has succeeded but I don’t think there’s clear answers to replace him at this point either. I think 2022 provides more options but the squad must improve for 2021 irrespective. Are players refusing to sign because of the coach? We’ll soon know, but I find it hard to believe that the club wouldn’t act accordingly if that’s the message being sent.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You forgot the coaches the fans and the sponsors oh and the schoolgirls and the publicans
Haha. At least they were rich! We're more like the Addams Family or The Munsters. We scare off players like they scared off people.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ahh piss of Andrew hill....get back in your closet
Or better yet piss off and get a job elsewhere. Andrew Hill is our worst signing in the past 10 years. What a dead set useless message. This guy needs to go for the good of the club.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Good points DD. Are you confident if he is extended that next year won’t be another write off and another rebuild will have to begin in 2022 with a new coach? Will promising juniors get a good chance to play?

Despite many, many baffling player selections still ongoing, Pay did make a few good calls this year which showed he is either getting advice from elsewhere or that he can own and respond to wrong decisions..
i.e. Hoppa to fullback, DWZ to wing, Lewis dropped, Meaney dropped, Wakeham in, RFM starting on an edge, Elliott to lock etc.
I wouldn’t say I’m confident - but I think there’s limited quality options for 2021 and better options for 2022.

Every new coach will want to build their own squad - so yes some argue this as a reason to not renew Pay for 2021. If there was a quality option for 2021 I’d have no problem with the change, but I also don’t think it’s just Pay - the whole coaching staff should be considered.

We have 25 of the 30 (assume 30 for 2021) off contract between 2021/22 - huge cleanout/opportunity that will have to include some juniors, yes.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many would argue its just one dominant figure that needs to get the arse.
I wouldn’t say I’m confident - but I think there’s limited quality options for 2021 and better options for 2022.

Every new coach will want to build their own squad - so yes some argue this as a reason to not renew Pay for 2021. If there was a quality option for 2021 I’d have no problem with the change, but I also don’t think it’s just Pay - the whole coaching staff should be considered.

We have 25 of the 30 (assume 30 for 2021) off contract between 2021/22 - huge cleanout/opportunity that will have to include some juniors, yes.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Who wrote that garbage. Waste of time. He didn’t say anything or address any of the live issues.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks for the load of crap Andrew Hill how about you address all your failures:

- We have lost Jaycar, Wicked Sister and KIA under Andrew Hill. More sponsors will go. Replaced them with zero sponsors
- Mishandled Mad Monday. Got caught out covering up for his mate by NRL
- Oversaw and mishandled the release of important football staff (MacDonald (Recruitment), Patmore (junior development) and Thompson (GM Football) replaced with Anderson cronies (Hughes and Price)
- mishandled CHN and Okunbur school incident (another sponsor lost)
- We don’t have a home stadium
- Failed at NRL
- Recruited Napa without due diligence, sex tape comes out
- Failed to support our players for Mad Monday
- Has not made any positive recruitment of players to date
- Has not confirmed or hired a coach for 2021 and beyond

What a twat! Good luck in your new role elsewhere idiot.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the load of crap Andrew Hill how about you address all your failures:

- We have lost Jaycar, Wicked Sister and KIA under Andrew Hill. More sponsors will go. Replaced them with zero sponsors
- Mishandled Mad Monday. Got caught out covering up for his mate by NRL
- Oversaw and mishandled the release of important football staff (MacDonald (Recruitment), Patmore (junior development) and Thompson (GM Football) replaced with Anderson cronies (Hughes and Price)
- mishandled CHN and Okunbur school incident (another sponsor lost)
- We don’t have a home stadium
- Failed at NRL
- Recruited Napa without due diligence, sex tape comes out
- Failed to support our players for Mad Monday
- Has not made any positive recruitment of players to date
- Has not confirmed or hired a coach for 2021 and beyond

What a twat! Good luck in your new role elsewhere idiot.
More of your best Champ!

- Gary was pulling Jaycar regardless, he used Mad Monday as an excuse. Wicked Sister couldn't afford the sponsorship. KIA was not lost it was downgraded.
- Hitachi Cooling and Heating and Sydney Tools have been added in terms of kit sponsors - so there goes that argument.

- Football staff changes were a board decision, not Hill.

- Mishandled Port Macquarie - how? And of course a sponsor walked - in fact one existing and one almost signed - blame the players bud.

- No home stadium - we've been playing at ANZ for how many years? Long pre-dating Hill.

The agenda of rage continues - pity a lot of it is mis-information.
But you have amazing knowledge for a 20 year old from Melbourne - how's lockdown going? :-).