Official Round 4 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion Thread

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs will get the win today. Can see us winning well!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His defence is embarrassing at times.. like I said before I don’t want to slag anyone wearing the blue and white but that attempt on Suli last week..the less said the better..
He did alright tackling Suli last week. Not trying to say the kids a world beater, but people are being harsh on him.
Meaney is rubbish, very overrated by our fan base. I’ve noticed pay has to find a way to squeeze his signings into the team.
He's not overrated here haha. I've been one of his biggest supporters for a return to fullback for a long time now, but even I have said in my recent team changes posts that I want Averillo at 1 and Smith / DWZ on the wings. Kids a fullback and people shit canning him for not excelling on the wing when it's a position made for the big boys like Sick and Ferguson is unfair. For example I've been against Lewis for ages but if he was moved to lock (which alot of people suggest dunno why) hed still be pure shit, but I'd be angry at the coach for putting him there and not the player for just doing what's asked of him in an unfamiliar position

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just like to say that the bench is looking great.

Just admiring it before Ogden gets dropped for Holland.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dogs on the bottom of the ladder after titans win!!!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t see (well it’s Pay so prob) Averillo playing winger, has to move in to Centre

Couple reasons why
1. The more shape we play towards him the better chance we score points

2. Him and Meaney tough carries out of our halves early in the set not going to amount to many metres - need a bigger body like Remis or DWZ to do that

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The battle for last place today... It's an indictment on the club as a whole that we're three years in and getting worse, not better.

Hopefully we get a win and see some improvement today because if it's another loss, things could start getting very ugly. We could be 0-5 since we're playing the Roosters next week.. Fuck it's frustrating to be in the same position after all of this time.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All of the negatives on here are about the coach. When will people realise that the team is terribly short of football ability.
The coach can tell them what is needed, but the players must have the ability to implement it. They just havn't.
There's probably about 3 or 4 players that would be of interest to other clubs. The rest are reserve grade quality.
Its sad, but its true. There's maybe two players who have genuine speed, Smith and Meaney. The rest are ponderous.
I hope these guys realise they are playing for their future. A lot wont get resigned.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of the negatives on here are about the coach. When will people realise that the team is terribly short of football ability.
The coach can tell them what is needed, but the players must have the ability to implement it. They just havn't.
There's probably about 3 or 4 players that would be of interest to other clubs. The rest are reserve grade quality.
Its sad, but its true. There's maybe two players who have genuine speed, Smith and Meaney. The rest are ponderous.
I hope these guys realise they are playing for their future. A lot wont get resigned.
So Pay has had a bunch of these players with a shortage of football ability for over 2 years now and they still have a shortage of football ability. You’d think a NRL coach could get some form of improvement in that time....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So Pay has had a bunch of these players with a shortage of football ability for over 2 years now and they still have a shortage of football ability. You’d think a NRL coach could get some form of improvement in that time....
Haha don't bother. It wasn't long ago that he was telling us how great a job Pay was doing with the boys and that we were going to suprise a few teams and finish in the 8.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
100% with you Speedy. 11 of our 30 are off contract end of 2020, several will not be retained. That excludes the 2 deregistered, so make that 13. Let’s say 50% end up being re-signed - among the candidates Elliott, RFM, Foz and Wakeham. There may be a junior or two elevated and the rest of the numbers have to be external (and no, not Goodwin etc). Yet some belief that replacing the coach right now will magically turn results around.

A09BC547-4135-498F-A1CD-696E6A98F5C8.jpeg

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haha don't bother. It wasn't long ago that he was telling us how great a job Pay was doing with the boys and that we were going to suprise a few teams and finish in the 8.
Also wasn’t that long ago you were saying Nu Brown should start at 7, Supercoach :-).

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook got a win after 3 games with a team he inherited after making changes. pay has gone backwards... after 2.5 seasons we are last on the ladder... fuckin embarrassing

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It's pretty pathetic as a dogs supporter when you get excited about beating a fellow wooden spoon contender. But a win is a win I suppose.... :/

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we can’t beat the Dragons today with Foz back and Hoppa at 1 then dare I say we go winless in 2020

Now or never

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% with you Speedy. 11 of our 30 are off contract end of 2020, several will not be retained. That excludes the 2 deregistered, so make that 13. Let’s say 50% end up being re-signed - among the candidates Elliott, RFM, Foz and Wakeham. There may be a junior or two elevated and the rest of the numbers have to be external (and no, not Goodwin etc). Yet some belief that replacing the coach right now will magically turn results around.

View attachment 15167
tenor (21).gif

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He did alright tackling Suli last week. Not trying to say the kids a world beater, but people are being harsh on him.

He's not overrated here haha. I've been one of his biggest supporters for a return to fullback for a long time now, but even I have said in my recent team changes posts that I want Averillo at 1 and Smith / DWZ on the wings. Kids a fullback and people shit canning him for not excelling on the wing when it's a position made for the big boys like Sick and Ferguson is unfair. For example I've been against Lewis for ages but if he was moved to lock (which alot of people suggest dunno why) hed still be pure shit, but I'd be angry at the coach for putting him there and not the player for just doing what's asked of him in an unfamiliar position
He’s got ot speed and he’s safe under the high ball. I just don’t see putting back to full back as putting us in a better position. He probably won’t drop bombs but his deficiency’s put us in a similar position. Hoppa is an improvement at fullback he offers a lot more. Just not speed unfortunately.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney is rubbish, very overrated by our fan base. I’ve noticed pay has to find a way to squeeze his signings into the team.
Thank u
I thought I was the only one that sees this

people on here claiming he isn’t a winger he’s a fullback lol

fullback is the second hardest position on the field to play yet mr Meaney has yet to master wing play which is a far inferior position to Fullback yet people defend him.

so he’s got no clue as a winger nor any balls about him or passing game
Oh yeh let’s put him at fullback

would love to know our games won with him there
We didn’t start actually doing anything til dwz arrived and even he has gone backwards under pay!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His defence is embarrassing at times.. like I said before I don’t want to slag anyone wearing the blue and white but that attempt on Suli last week..the less said the better..
I hope he comes out today and has a blinder
I even hope he scores the first try with a blistering run
But they’ve all had enough time to show something and some just don’t have it

look at what tex hoy and Bradman best are doing at the knights
That’s after 2 and 3 games
Not 2 or 3 seasons

a player either has it or not
Our fan base is wayyyyyyy to patient on average players
And by average I’m being lenient sorry to say

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He’s got ot speed and he’s safe under the high ball. I just don’t see putting back to full back as putting us in a better position. He probably won’t drop bombs but his deficiency’s put us in a similar position. Hoppa is an improvement at fullback he offers a lot more. Just not speed unfortunately.
That may be true but it doesn't solve our recruitment issues. Who we going to use or sign at centre now if Hoppa stays at 1? We have Schoupp who's untested and Alomati who may not be ready and Smith isn't the answer. Meaney needs to be used at 1 and if he fails there are targets worth chasing.

moving Hoppa back there (whilst it helps short term) just hinders our development as it's done the last 3 years. Hoppa and Smith were a solid right edge pairing and should never have been split.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope he comes out today and has a blinder
I even hope he scores the first try with a blistering run
But they’ve all had enough time to show something and some just don’t have it

look at what tex hoy and Bradman best are doing at the knights
That’s after 2 and 3 games
Not 2 or 3 seasons

a player either has it or not
Our fan base is wayyyyyyy to patient on average players
And by average I’m being lenient sorry to say
While Best and Hoy are far more impressive, they at least play in sides that are actually coached correctly. I couldn't imagine Best performing at the same level of he was with us.