Official Round 4 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Discussion Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Work on getting the basics right, complete the sets by not throwing any speculators or forcing the pass.
Both coaches getting pressured by the media, will have to defend well like chasing a house thief.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ladies & gentlemen, grab your popcorn because the Ultimate Shitshow is about to begin!!! (Dragons Vs Bulldogs)

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's stupid mate... He's come through all his junior footy playing fullback... Wing is arguably harder than fullback in our team... Why ? Because our line speed and middle third are pure shit, which means the small bloke always has to take shit carries out of our own end. 2 big wingers and him at 1 and real forwards would alleviate issues for sure. Again I'm not saying he's the answer but your picking on him for the wrong reasons
Ok it is what it is
Call me stupid then
It could be worse :grinning:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't joined the sack Pay bandwagon yet, but he is not picking players who might be good enough in their best position, when and if we sign 1 or 2 class playmakers.
Meany; at FB he will contribute more in his best position he is useless on the wing, he has improved and was not given enough time at FB.
DWZ and Smith wingers, both would not look out of place in any other team, and could help out the forwards bringing the ball back it doesn't appear that pay realises this.
Hoppa and Harper would have been in the Centers , pity Harper is now gone he may have developed enough to make a useful NRL player, he certainly has some upside.
The halves are difficult to pick because of Foran's medical problems but Wakeham would be a must for me.
I would have Averillo on the bench and give him more and more game time.
I also think that Pays use and rotation of the Forwards is very poor.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
any word on the side yet?
Awaiting on Lewis to hooker or some other pay master stroke

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So Pay has had a bunch of these players with a shortage of football ability for over 2 years now and they still have a shortage of football ability. You’d think a NRL coach could get some form of improvement in that time....
No coach ever can make a player better than the limit of his ability. Most of these players have reached their limit and wont improve.
Luckily, a lot will be shunted for next season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No coach ever can make a player better than the limit of his ability. Most of these players have reached their limit and wont improve.
Luckily, a lot will be shunted for next season.
So if these players are as bad as you say why would the coach re-sign or bring these players to the club in the first place? There’s no way Pay is getting every single player playing their full capacity.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
any word on the side yet? waiting for foran to pull out!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Super hooker Holland for sure
Funniest thing I saw on bulldogs training vid
Holland and Britt were doing 40m sprints
It’s embarrassing for me to tell u guys who won and relatively comfortably

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Must have be plenty of money being put on the Dragons. It was a $1.90 each this morning now Dogs are out to $2.10 Dragons $1.77

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't joined the sack Pay bandwagon yet, but he is not picking players who might be good enough in their best position, when and if we sign 1 or 2 class playmakers.
Meany; at FB he will contribute more in his best position he is useless on the wing, he has improved and was not given enough time at FB.
DWZ and Smith wingers, both would not look out of place in any other team, and could help out the forwards bringing the ball back it doesn't appear that pay realises this.
Hoppa and Harper would have been in the Centers , pity Harper is now gone he may have developed enough to make a useful NRL player, he certainly has some upside.
The halves are difficult to pick because of Foran's medical problems but Wakeham would be a must for me.
I would have Averillo on the bench and give him more and more game time.
I also think that Pays use and rotation of the Forwards is very poor.
I scratch my head Kelp. What you’re saying is so freakin obvious. Pay has no clue!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I scratch my head Kelp. What you’re saying is so freakin obvious. Pay has no clue!
Mate I'm sure I could call you that, it is unbelievable how Pay picks his team, but then it could be that he may be afraid to lose both Smith and DWZ, if he doesn't pick them in their favourite positions.