Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Goodwin [emoji23]
Our club loves signing slow outside backs

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And so many criticise our board.
I think we’re doing an OUTSTANDING job putting out #fakenews for the Terrorgraph to run with :-).
Is this just a quick return serve for the Terry Lamb photos? Well played if so

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are short on centres and let harper go fmd and if we sign Goodwin that proves our recruitment is beyond repair

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are short on centres and let harper go fmd and if we sign Goodwin that proves our recruitment is beyond repair
We declined his early release. That’s not letting him go. Him signing elsewhere that’s his choice

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We declined his early release. That’s not letting him go. Him signing elsewhere that’s his choice
When your playing Smith at centre ahead of him..then yes that's letting him go. I don't think he was going to be anything great but he's miles better than Smith at centre.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our club has no idea and is so deflating to all the long suffering fans .So we are signing to get experience and wins ,F##k this word experience ,our direction is deluded and desperate . Lets inject youth and enthusiasm into the side with some excitement and flair.Give more youngsters a go as we have nothing to loose and we might be surprised .
Then build our team up from that while seeing where some experience will be best implemented .Harper should have been given more a go a while back but Pays selections have messed it up,id rather take a punt on a young guy like Harper than a 35 yr old past player who is not a game breaking superstar .There is no upside to this .

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Brace yourselves.

not only are we chasing him, we are looking at throwing 300k at him for remainder of the season from Rd 7 on, and looking at next year for 300k but over the season.

The first bit essentially means we buy him at 450k a year!
Thats BS Broncos are only paying $100 grand for Ben Teo for the remainder of the season.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When your playing Smith at centre ahead of him..then yes that's letting him go. I don't think he was going to be anything great but he's miles better than Smith at centre.
That’s on the coach not recruitment.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe it will be announced as a triple signing with Reynolds and McCullough haha

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at the wider picture...
The rebuild for 2021 should have started in December 2019 ...
We must be failing to attract players of any significance therefore we have to settle for pensioners & rejects ?
Why or who is at fault ?
Is it the CEO, is it the coach, is it the board or is it all the mentioned ?
What happened to the plain honest truth that we were led to believe will be the way at the club ?
Tuesday...The rumour came out that the senior players requesting changes, it was denied.
Friday...Changes were made !
Another Rumour, Pay met with Hill and Anderson subsequently he was put on 2 weeks notice, as usual it was denied...Really ?
Maybe it's not lack of trying !
Maybe it's not lack of good intentions !
Maybe it's time to concede...They are't good enough !!!
We have lost almost a full team yet Pay promises we will sign 2 or 3 players...Is he kidding ?
Is that all it takes to catch-up to the likes of the RORTERS ???
People...Do the right thing !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s on the coach not recruitment.
No, it's on the entire club. Clubs need to work as an effective unit and from what we can see we are the furthest thing from that...

Every year it's the same shit with the club, Pay picks a team that he wants and it's a fucking mess. As the season goes on it begins to somewhat resemble a team a lot of us thought should've been the team from day one...but really nothing comes from it as he scraps it come round 1 again next season and reverts back to the same things that didn't work before or some other ridiculous idea he has.

The entire club needs to take responsibility for this, they can't sit back and allow these decisions to keep happening. As I said I don't think Harper was going to be anything great but he was by far a better centre than Smith yet didn't even get a look in or opportunity to prove himself to be more. Come through the grades, reserve grade captain..not a good look for the club.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An NRL veteran and former Canterbury player is on the Bulldogs’ recruitment radar, and it’s not Wests Tigers playmaker Josh Reynolds.

The Daily Telegraph understands that South Sydney outside back Bryson Goodwin is being discussed as an option to help inject experience into the Bulldogs side.

Goodwin, 34, played 68 games for the Bulldogs between 2009 and 2012. He had notched up 176 NRL games before leaving the Rabbitohs for the Warrington Wolves in the English Super League in 2018.

Goodwin returned to the NRL in 2020 on a one-year deal with the Rabbitohs.

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal rising centre Morgan Harper, 22, will be leaving the club at the end of this season after he signed with the Manly Sea Eagles on a two-year deal starting from 2021.

Turning to a veteran back who turns 35 in December and letting go of an up and coming centre is surely a decision to leave Canterbury fans scratching their heads.

But The Daily Telegraph understands the club’s recruitment committee has a different school of thought than coach Dean Pay when it comes to turning the side’s fortunes around on the field in 2020.

Coach Pay is seeking experience to help get him wins on the board, which is why players like Reynolds and Goodwin have been sounded out.

But other senior club officials want to back younger and rising players.

It makes the decision to allow Harper, who has been at Belmore since he was 15 years old, all the more curious.

Harper agreed to terms with the Sea Eagles before COVID-19 forced the competition into shutdown.

And after limited opportunities to make a name for himself at Belmore, the youngster asked for an immediate release from the Bulldogs to join Des Hasler’s Sea Eagles in 2020 but the request was denied.

Harper, who made his NRL debut in round 25 in season 2019, has not been named in the side since but is highly regarded among his teammates at Canterbury.

After slumping to their third-straight loss against the Sea Eagles at Gosford, senior Bulldogs players urged coach Pay to consider adding Harper to the starting side at centre as part of a backline shake-up.

Pay will make mass changes to the side he named on Tuesday, including a back five shake-up, but Harper still won’t take the field against St George Illawarra on Monday with Jake Averillo and Reimis Smith preferred at centre.

In other signing news, The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Penrith Panthers are set to announce rising flyer Brian To’o has extended his time at the club.

To’o, who made his NRL debut in 2019, will remain at the club until the end of season 2023.

The local junior burst onto the scene last season scoring nine tries from 15 games.

To’o has continued his strong form in 2020 with a stellar performance against Newcastle last weekend. The Panthers local junior notched up 286 run metres, nine tackle busts and two line breaks.
Fuck me dead. I'm not sure what pissed me off more, the fact we let him go, or the fact he agreed to terms with manly more then 2 months ago and we are just finding out now. Fuck me dead.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck me dead. I'm not sure what pissed me off more, the fact we let him go, or the fact he agreed to terms with manly more then 2 months ago and we are just finding out now. Fuck me dead.
You're going to sound like me at this rate :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're going to sound like me at this rate :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I'm a very loyal person myself, and as I did with Hasler, i supported him until I no longer could. Sadly it is getting to that point with Pay as well. All though it is not directly because of him that Harper walked. It was 2 months ago after All. Harper theoretically had the whole your to lock down a fg spot, but chose to move elsewhere. That's on him. But hearing that we are looking at players like Goodwin is just fucking rediculous!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a bunch of c***s that run the club and Dean pay is a bigger one I don't blame any player that wants to leave this basket case of a club bunch of amateur C***s makes my blood boil when we let go a young up and coming talent for a 36 year old hack what a joke
The regardless of any decisions our club, board or coach make, fucktards like you carrying on like spoilt children calling all and sundry a bunch of ***** is a fucking disgrace. How old are you mate? Pull your head in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm a very loyal person myself, and as I did with Hasler, i supported him until I no longer could. Sadly it is getting to that point with Pay as well. All though it is not directly because of him that Harper walked. It was 2 months ago after All. Harper theoretically had the whole your to lock down a fg spot, but chose to move elsewhere. That's on him. But hearing that we are looking at players like Goodwin is just fucking rediculous!!!
Unfortunately that's not me lol. I saw the worst as soon as Pay was appointed and all these years later the vision in my head is almost complete. Just need Wakeham and Averillo to head out the door to add the finishing touches :tearsofjoy:

The Goodwin thing is ridiculous and surely it can't be true. If true I'm honestly going to be speechless...

As things stand now the club should really be in a strong position to recruit for this season. We have money, we have multiple spots available and we have greedy player managers looking to get an upgrade for their clients...I have no doubt that there are some young players with huge potential that would be disappointed by the lack of footy being played and would be tempted by a firstgrade spot, even players in the middle of their careers on fringes could be very good options for us.