News Press conference

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our roster is diabolical at the moment, we just don’t have the talent. Pay really can’t do much considering... The issue for me is he’s not a coach that’s going to attract talent and we need someone that can do that otherwise where just going to dig a bigger hole for ourselves.
A lot of the frustration is with Pays team selection with the actual players he has available to him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good post and thanks for the detail which many never provide. I agree that eventually it will probably have to happen.

I would like one question answered first however - does Pay as coach prevent us from signing top talent? We will know the answer to that question after the transfer window closes. If yes, hard to justify him coaching in 2021. If no, I think the club will give him the opportunity to coach a better team.
I don't think having him helps but I also think we can outbid most clubs for players for 2021 that we can still recruit talent regardless. But either way I don't think Pay should coach next year as he won't maximise the potential of those players and the team.

I think this will all be moot anyway as if performances like this continue, they won't be left with any other option but to fire him.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need a reporter with balls to question pays position as head coach
What...question the Coach as to why he can't win games with a squad put together by the Coach he's just played against minus the teams highest paid player and main ball distributing forward? Yeh...that makes good sense. Your pathetic anti Pay agenda is insufferable.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our roster is diabolical at the moment, we just don’t have the talent. Pay really can’t do much considering... The issue for me is he’s not a coach that’s going to attract talent and we need someone that can do that otherwise where just going to dig a bigger hole for ourselves.
Promote Georgealis NOW. I certainly have more faith in him than Pay.
Board have no idea nor future plan. They essentially came in purely to get rid of the previous board which was good, however, that was a few years back. What have they got to show?
No wonder Chris Anderson left his post end of last year. Something tells me he knew that this place is Nothing more than a clusterfuck!
Go Parra!!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson says Rome wasnt built in a day.. i guess not 3 years either..

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think having him helps but I also think we can outbid most clubs for players for 2021 that we can still recruit talent regardless. But either way I don't think Pay should coach next year as he won't maximise the potential of those players and the team.

I think this will all be moot anyway as if performances like this continue, they won't be left with any other option but to fire him.
Please name the players who are off contract in 2021 that we should be chasing and based on the following positions:

Fullback
Centre
Five Eight
Half
Hooker

I assume Cotric will be one name. Who else is available?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Please name the players who are off contract in 2021 that we should be chasing and based on the following positions:

Fullback
Centre
Five Eight
Half
Hooker

I assume Cotric will be one name. Who else is available?
Cotric centre.
Friend/Mahoney (apparently was already with us so it's embarrassing to even go there) hooker.

If we want a fullback, five-eighth or halfback that's going to make a difference they have to be players still on contract.

Reimis moving to centre indicates to me we're actually after a winger (even tho so far it has been an epic fail).

There were other players off contract available for those positions but because we've waited this long so far to get into the market they've been re-signed (mainly) or moved elsewhere.

I still think adding three to four more quality players almost anywhere (lets face it we need to strengthen in almost every position) will improve the team as a whole and make everyone look better. I have my preferences (realistically and my dream) where I'd recruit and who but it's up to the club so it's just a wait and see at the moment.

Last edited:

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cotric centre.
Friend/Mahoney (apparently was already with us so it's embarrassing to even go there) hooker.

If we want a fullback, five-eighth or halfback that's going to make a difference they have to be players still on contract.

Reimis moving to centre indicates to me we're actually after a winger (even tho so far it has been an epic fail).

There were other players off contract available for those positions but because we've waited this long so far to get into the market they've been re-signed (mainly) or moved elsewhere.

I still think adding three to four more quality players almost anywhere (lets face it we need to strengthen in almost every position) will improve the team as a whole and make everyone look better. I have my preferences (realistically and my dream) where I'd recruit and who but it's up to the club so it's just a wait and see at the moment.
Cotric centre.

As I said Cotric is off contract and that's about it. Unless we can entice players to break their contracts then 2021 is looking bleak despite the war chest...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Foran for sure. We’ll know the rest on Tuesday. Why was Wakeham dropped? There must be a reason.
Cogger certainly blew his chance tonight.
Cogger was shit yes... But Lewis was removed from the 7 and still played first reciever at every opportunity, even drifted of his edge alot to take ball off Cogger in good ball areas . Dude is such a one dimensional selfish player...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As I said Cotric is off contract and that's about it. Unless we can entice players to break their contracts then 2021 is looking bleak despite the war chest...
Harley Smith Shields. Stuck behind Croker, Scott and Cotirc really, can play left centre or wing if required. Good player.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it’s sad... but I don’t mind seeing the coach pissed off when the team is continually making the same errors.. we seem to cart the ball up field then got nothing when we are in the attacking zone.
To be fair though, we were like this towards the end of the Hasler era.
A new coach needed to come in and wipe the slate clean then, but Pay didn't have that luxury at all. And the longer it goes on, the harder it will be to build this team back to what we all want.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger was shit yes... But Lewis was removed from the 7 and still played first reciever at every opportunity, even drifted of his edge alot to take ball off Cogger in good ball areas . Dude is such a one dimensional selfish player...
So the question is: why aren’t his Captain and/or Coach stopping that?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are slim pickings, but better than what we have now.

ZT has McInnes is off contract,
Cotric (obviously) but I’d be amazed if he left The Faders,
Fafita (throw the bank at him),
Bateman,
To’o

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is 2 fold .
One is our recruitment team.They have done nothing in terms of trying to bring in players that will add to us .Yes brought in DWZ but he fell into our laps and Luke Thompson who i dont think will change much for us .Alot of good players have re signed over but why are we not even mentioned in even trying to have a discussion with them like Kalyn Ponga for example .We may as well miss out but you never know .We need x factor,creative players with spark .Our points scored over last 3 years is abysmal and line breaks would be same .I think our targets with all this dna and good people stuff will hurt us as alot of good players are polarising or out there but underneath could be good people .
Yes we have been restrained with Salary cap but from the moment we have been able to look our direction has been terrible .

Second is Pays teams selections and coaching ,This speaks for itself .
We need a small bunch of say 3 players to come in as i dont think 1 person can be our saviour .
Ie when we recruited Satgg,Ennins,Morris,Hannant under Moore .

Things are very grim sadly enough .
Long live the dogs and there will be a day when our fortunes change but tough times for the club and supporters alike .

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson says Rome wasnt built in a day.. i guess not 3 years either..
Been to Rome a few times over the past 40 years. Rome will be a long time before it is built, if the piles of untouched ruins are any indication. Could be a metaphor for the Dogs. Was once glorious, but now a wreck of former glory.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whatever the reason, Lewis doesn't deserve to retain his spot and Wakeham deserves another chance.
And he actually has to be allowed to play halfback. The best we looked was when he was actually allowed to play there in the trial and against the Cowboys when Lewis was hooked, yet this has not been a priority because why??!

I'm just so over it yet we have absolute dumb ***** constantly defending this fucking rubbish. Fucking Des this, fucking Dib that, fucking celery cap, fuck off.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And he actually has to be allowed to play halfback. The best we looked was when he was actually allowed to play there in the trial and against the Cowboys when Lewis was hooked, yet this has not been a priority because why??!

I'm just so over it yet we have absolute dumb c*** constantly defending this fucking rubbish. Fucking Des this, fucking Dib that, fucking celery cap, fuck off.
Lack of celery could be an issue.
Could explain the lack of energy last night - missing vitamins and minerals.