News Press conference

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay SUCKS and that's being nice. Nice bloke and all the rest but he's simply not up to NRL coaching yet.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is 2 fold .
One is our recruitment team.They have done nothing in terms of trying to bring in players that will add to us .Yes brought in DWZ but he fell into our laps and Luke Thompson who i dont think will change much for us .Alot of good players have re signed over but why are we not even mentioned in even trying to have a discussion with them like Kalyn Ponga for example .We may as well miss out but you never know .We need x factor,creative players with spark .Our points scored over last 3 years is abysmal and line breaks would be same .I think our targets with all this dna and good people stuff will hurt us as alot of good players are polarising or out there but underneath could be good people .
Yes we have been restrained with Salary cap but from the moment we have been able to look our direction has been terrible .

Second is Pays teams selections and coaching ,This speaks for itself .
We need a small bunch of say 3 players to come in as i dont think 1 person can be our saviour .
Ie when we recruited Satgg,Ennins,Morris,Hannant under Moore .

Things are very grim sadly enough .
Long live the dogs and there will be a day when our fortunes change but tough times for the club and supporters alike .
Exactly right we need 3-4 experienced players to help us get through this. we arent going to get that marquee player at the moment as we arent even close to be competitive at the moment. If foran is fit through the rest of the year we really have no choice but to sign him on a short term deal. looks like jesse bromwich is off contract. the thing about 2009 they brought in experience from successful clubs. Need to do something similar thats why i wasnt against McCullough coming..........also if we want some arrogance take a punt on Jack Bird

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So the question is: why aren’t his Captain and/or Coach stopping that?
Because I believe that's Pays game plan... Jacko not much of a talker either, leads by actions

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Because I believe that's Pays game plan... Jacko not much of a talker either, leads by actions
But if things clearly aren’t working surely the Captain at least questions the game plan? This is a key part of my argument - I just don’t accept these guys are that incompetent. There must be more to it. I love Jacko, but he doesn’t seem to lead in the style of say Menace or Bupa - there doesn’t appear to be much rallying of the troops in the trenches (that we can see).

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Its all well and good to keep blaming others, however, this is his 3rd season as coach. Sorry pal but the performances are no better than when you took over. The squad is even worse than the one you had when you started. Buck stops with the coach and management.

Clean out is needed from the front office, all the way through to the playing roster. There were excuses in 1996 and 2008. We bounced back strongly in each of the following seasons and were Grand finalists quickly after each of those failures. This is a massive mess that nobody currently at the Dogs can fix. Massive change is needed.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well at least Rome was making progress while being built unlike us.
The workers are on strike the foundations not even set and the project manager has fk all clue

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay says the same shit week in week out. He got what was the plan for Jake and Tom. He didn't have an answer. Just dribble. FFS let him go.
Anderson's just want to milk the club for money that's all

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Her version of rome will 15 years. Even then probably still won't be built.
Lynne Anderson says Rome wasnt built in a day.. i guess not 3 years either..

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need to be better at what were doin........we need to be better at what were doin.......were a young team just tryin get some games into them....... just got to keep doin what we are doin............repeat

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lack of celery could be an issue.
Could explain the lack of energy last night - missing vitamins and minerals.
Fine. Pay them in celery instead of cash until they start playing like first graders...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you think another coach could do worse than Pay? Why just write off the last 17 games of the season? Do you enjoy performances like tonight and think we can't do or expect better?
If they haven't got the foresight or cutthroat guts to replace him now and prefer to persevere, then the Club needs a very public intervention by the Board now.

Say, the appointment of Griffin, Gould, Steve Waugh, Craig Emerson or anyone else with some football or Bulldogs credibility to come in and oversee a re-set of operations and investigate what's being done wrong and can be improved.

This aimless stumbling from one crisis to another off the field and poor performance from the coach, recruitment committee and players on the field, is greatly impacting our ongoing future in every possible way.

This state of affairs must be dealt with immediately to stop the decline of our once great club.

If the current Board can't, or won't, address this they should stand aside and publicly give the Club some hope for the future.

Sad to say but it's gone too far now in the court of public opinion to bury their heads in the sand and think they can keep this in house and ignore fans and the image and reputation of our Club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Where are all the staunch apologists now?

**crickets**
Even "they" wouldn't have the hide to come on here and start their usual slinging of insults and accusations about us being whingers and bad supporters after last night!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even "they" wouldn't have the hide to come on here and start their usual slinging of insults and accusations about us being whingers and bad supporters after last night!
One of them started last night but seems to have disappeared back into his hole now