DOOM BREAK: Quarantine Cooking Thread

A

Alexander the Great

Yeah a south American shop in Chatswood sells it. Ill grab you a few bottles next time I go for a visit.

The first time I had it was on the rim of my shot glass. Good gear.
Got hooked on that in Cancun.

Can we find it in Aus?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone cook anything good on the weekend? If we can still call it the weekend...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone cook anything good on the weekend? If we can still call it the weekend...
Saturday I baked a chook in apricot nectar (apricot chicken) with baked veggies like i said I was going to and Sunday I made Tacos and Burritos. And right now I'm making toast cuz I've got the munchies lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Saturday I baked a chook in apricot nectar (apricot chicken) with baked veggies like i said I was going to and Sunday I made Tacos and Burritos. And right now I'm making toast cuz I've got the munchies lol.
The chicken sounds good. Did the nectar keep it moist?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The chicken sounds good. Did the nectar keep it moist?
Yeah buddy and gives it flavour. It's pretty simple I just use a big tin or two of apricot nectar and add a packet or two of french onion soup mix. Mix together and pour into a baking dish. Put chicken in breast side down, that way it soaks up the apricot nectar more and keeps it moist. Roast it then about 1/2 to 3/4 way you flip it and let it brown the top. Also I put my potatoes in with the chicken and sometimes my carrots if I'm not making honey carrots. Takes a couple hours give or take, it depends on the oven I guess. It's nothing fancy but it's a decent roasted meal none the less.