DOOM BREAK: Quarantine Cooking Thread

A

Alexander the Great

To inject or not to inject that is the question.

Planning to smoke a brisket this weekend. Have any of you guys had much luck with injecting and also any tips with what recipes worked for you?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To inject or not to inject that is the question.

Planning to smoke a brisket this weekend. Have any of you guys had much luck with injecting and also any tips with what recipes worked for you?
I tried it a few times and didn't like it. Found that it generally cures the meat from the inside then you end up with a kind of corned beef thing.

I found it better to sous vide the brisket for about 30 hours before smoking it. That way it still gets the moist inside but a nice smoky outside. The downside is that you don't get much bark.

A

Alexander the Great

Not going to lie. Had to google sous vide up...

Might be difficult as I don't have a machine to seal it back uo after I trim it up.

I hate that corn beef vibe so ill stay away from it.

I don't mind the bark. Shit delicious.
I tried it a few times and didn't like it. Found that it generally cures the meat from the inside then you end up with a kind of corned beef thing.

I found it better to sous vide the brisket for about 30 hours before smoking it. That way it still gets the moist inside but a nice smoky outside. The downside is that you don't get much bark.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spaghetti dogs follow me for more recipes

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
This screams bogan/redneck lol

Just finish it off with plain old tomato sauce.
Then chuck a marijuana leaf on top for presentation and serve with a nice cold VB long neck.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Spending the day carving up a cow butt into a bunch of steaks, smoking some brisket and pork ribs, and drinking some lovely Japanese beer all while listening to Clutch. Doesn't get much better

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Spending the day carving up a cow butt into a bunch of steaks, smoking some brisket and pork ribs, and drinking some lovely Japanese beer all while listening to Clutch. Doesn't get much better

Ah fuck off mate, that meat sounds delicious And I'm starvin' right now!
Nice way to spend the arvo, enjoy!

Have never listened to Clutch, will give them a go

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah fuck off mate, that meat sounds delicious And I'm starvin' right now!
Nice way to spend the arvo, enjoy!

Have never listened to Clutch, will give them a go
I would recommend Burning Beard

Electric Worry

And In Walks Barbarella

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And now the Mrs is yelling at me to take my headphones off so I can talk to her about stuff.

Day over.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, @Bobby Noel Kattar they sell Tajin seasoning at Alexandria Meat Market in Alexandria.

They also sell Old Bay seasoning there which is hard to get in Australia and it's one of the key ingredients in the famous Maryland Crab Cakes.