Is it better to wear no watch than a watch costing <$1000?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I flash my $7.95 watch with pride... it does the same thing as a Rolex... tell the time.
A cheap suit also does the same thing as a proper suit but it looks garbage. Or a $2000 car does the same thing as a $200,000 car..
Kmart shoes also do the same as the proper shoes. McDonald's is the same as a 3 hat restaurant as it sells food?

You mustn't know what your missing to make that comment, if you think your $7.95 watch will get you ahead in life, lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A cheap suit also does the same thing as a proper suit but it looks garbage. Or a $2000 car does the same thing as a $200,000 car..
Kmart shoes also do the same as the proper shoes. McDonald's is the same as a 3 hat restaurant as it sells food?

You mustn't know what your missing to make that comment, if you think your $7.95 watch will get you ahead in life, lol.
I doubt a $1000 Rolex will get me a new job or girlfriend.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Unfortunately in our egotistical world it does to a certain extent help progress people..However those who rely on mere superficial objects as a basis for their status in the world will come unstuck..it is inevitable..particularly if one cannot afford such extravaganzas..additionally if one is solely concerned with ‘looks’ than their inadequacies will shine through eventually, whether that be their performance in work or in their social life.. As other egotistical people who exist in this ‘social world’ find out quickly who the fakes really are..

Actually in the Elizabethan era there were laws that tried to prevent people living above their means..they were called Sumptuary Laws.. Yes it attempted to ‘visualise’ classes..but it all tried to stop people spending their money on frivolous things they could not afford purely and simply to put up the illusion they are grander than what they are..

in my day they em called tryhards..

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the Rolex will be doing it's bit but I can't vouch for you delivering your half of the bargain. It all comes as a package. You might present a promising game but when people see the $7.20 watch on your wrist they will know your empty inside. If a salesman turned up at your house driving an old Beata, or stinking, would you buy anything from him? It all comes as a package, shoes, watch, car , hair style, clothing

Side note ..Where can you get a Rolex for $1000?

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately in our egotistical world it does to a certain extent help progress people..However those who rely on mere superficial objects as a basis for their status in the world will come unstuck..it is inevitable..particularly if one cannot afford such extravaganzas..additionally if one is solely concerned with ‘looks’ than their inadequacies will shine through eventually, whether that be their performance in work or in their social life.. As other egotistical people who exist in this ‘social world’ find out quickly who the fakes really are..

Actually in the Elizabethan era there were laws that tried to prevent people living above their means..they were called Sumptuary Laws.. Yes it attempted to ‘visualise’ classes..but it all tried to stop people spending their money on frivolous things they could not afford purely and simply to put up the illusion they are grander than what they are..

in my day they em called tryhards..
I think they should ban credit so People can only buy what they can afford. Then we will see who is the real deal.

Only credit for purchasing a house.

There would be plenty of pretender Mercedes drivers cut down to size

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I flash my $7.95 watch with pride... it does the same thing as a Rolex... tell the time.
Could you please post up a picture of this $7 watch? Why should you only get to enjoy it?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Youre right.. youd need to know how to talk to girls first and not be scared of them in your office elevator, Andy Stitzer.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think they should ban credit so People can only buy what they can afford. Then we will see who is the real deal.

Only credit for purchasing a house.

There would be plenty of pretender Mercedes drivers cut down to size
Credit Cards can cause a lot of damage..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Credit Cards can cause a lot of damage..
That's why I don't have one. I pay cash for everything. If i can't afford it, I don't by it. It's why I'm debt free and not up to my eyeballs in it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well the Rolex will be doing it's bit but I can't vouch for you delivering your half of the bargain. It all comes as a package. You might present a promising game but when people see the $7.20 watch on your wrist they will know your empty inside. If a salesman turned up at your house driving an old Beata, or stinking, would you buy anything from him? It all comes as a package, shoes, watch, car , hair style, clothing

Side note ..Where can you get a Rolex for $1000?
eBay.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My boss just bought me an apple watch I haven’t opened it yet are they good and easy to use?
Nah they’re a pain in the arse. You have to charge them everyday and if the screen cracks... forget about it - you’re better off buying a new one rather than fixing it. If you want it for the health functions you’re better off buying a Fitbit OR download an app like Samsung Health etc... based on the OS your phone uses.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My boss just bought me an apple watch I haven’t opened it yet are they good and easy to use?
Na they're shit, you should give it to me and I'll recycle it appropriately.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's why I don't have one. I pay cash for everything. If i can't afford it, I don't by it. It's why I'm debt free and not up to my eyeballs in it.
Same.

I don't use Afterpay either. (So many people get into debt using that)