Is it better to wear no watch than a watch costing <$1000?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Same.

I don't use Afterpay either. (So many people get into debt using that)
If you Manage your finances and use these BNPL’s you can maximise your cashflow.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
nice one mate.
I bought my younger sister one for Xmas :grinning:
She’s a paramedic, thought it would of been a good present.
If I could use it I would have kept it!! :grimacing:

Last edited:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately in our egotistical world it does to a certain extent help progress people..However those who rely on mere superficial objects as a basis for their status in the world will come unstuck..it is inevitable..particularly if one cannot afford such extravaganzas..additionally if one is solely concerned with ‘looks’ than their inadequacies will shine through eventually, whether that be their performance in work or in their social life.. As other egotistical people who exist in this ‘social world’ find out quickly who the fakes really are..

Actually in the Elizabethan era there were laws that tried to prevent people living above their means..they were called Sumptuary Laws.. Yes it attempted to ‘visualise’ classes..but it all tried to stop people spending their money on frivolous things they could not afford purely and simply to put up the illusion they are grander than what they are..

in my day they em called tryhards..
We still call them try hards ;)

having an expensive watch doesn’t mean shit. Some of the richest people in the world still wear cheap clothes and rock a cheap watch and still in the top 10 Forbes list.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

having an expensive watch doesn’t mean shit. Some of the richest people in the world still wear cheap clothes and rock a cheap watch and still in the top 10 Forbes list.
Most likely because they like the item and don't give a flying fuck about fashion and the shallow ***** that follow them.

If that's the case then good on them.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Most likely because they like the item and don't give a flying fuck about fashion and the shallow ***** that follow them.

Exactly my brother

Mark Zuckerberg rich, cheap clothes
Dan Schulman PayPal CEO this guy wears bloody flip flop during key notes, he don’t give a fuck!!!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Damn right.. I believe clothes don’t maketh the man..

As for your love of watches..enjoy brother.. It sounds like a great ‘hobby’ as there is so many to choose from..must exhaust you! Lol!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly my brother

Mark Zuckerberg rich, cheap clothes
Dan Schulman PayPal CEO this guy wears bloody flip flop during key notes, he don’t give a fuck!!!!
Straight out, they don't care about the sheep's feelings, they care about their money.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

As usual my man you put it so well..brutally..but perfectly!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's why I don't have one. I pay cash for everything. If i can't afford it, I don't by it. It's why I'm debt free and not up to my eyeballs in it.
If you can control your debt then it’s good. E.g having to wait 20yrs to save for a house vs. having one right now. Don’t be scared of debt

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can control your debt then it’s good. E.g having to wait 20yrs to save for a house vs. having one right now. Don’t be scared of debt
I just don't see the point if putting myself in debt for things. I'm not really a materialistic person so I don't need to get in debt to keep up with the Jones. I own my house and my car, so I have no need to go into debt for anything.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You're spot on bro, I see a mortgage as a "good" debt.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who? I think all have a proper watch.

Vladimir Putin apparently doesn't wear any watch worth less than $500k

I am told however the pope wears a $10 Casio so as to show the people he is not about material possessions. That's not to say he don't have a royal Oak in his top draw. Also the popes $10 Casio watch still blasts wahesh watch out of the water by 30%

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t own any gshocks yet but I’m looking at this one at the moment. Bit of hype on this new model 2100 Gshock they’re calling it the CasiOak.

I have the casioak in my collection. Nice watch. I have the dark version, dark face

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a formal function tonight with over 100 guests

I was firmly on watch patrol. I wore one of my better time pieces

About half the room didn't have a watch on at all. Perhaps they all Brough their Nixon watches but became embarrassed in the car park and left it in their car

For the remaining watch wearers they were hard to pin down. I tried to determine the brand and model but they were quick to move their arms around, lighting was not too good etc.

I saw a watch , Fendi brand. Who would buy that? Ridiculous. I wanted to give them a back fisted chop, then body slam them.

Another was wearing some sort of cheap smart watch, definately not an apple or Samsung. So again a back fisted chop.

No Rolex sighted in the room, but there was someone with shoes with all these beads attached to them ? I didn't know if it was a joke or they were really expensive?

My watch must have impressed as a stunning woman slapped me on the arse real hard and a few others asked me to go to another party afterwards. I didn't go as rush hour 2 was on Foxtel.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at a formal function tonight with over 100 guests

I was firmly on watch patrol. I wore one of my better time pieces

About half the room didn't have a watch on at all. Perhaps they all Brough their Nixon watches but became embarrassed in the car park and left it in their car

For the remaining watch wearers they were hard to pin down. I tried to determine the brand and model but they were quick to move their arms around, lighting was not too good etc.

I saw a watch , Fendi brand. Who would buy that? Ridiculous. I wanted to give them a back fisted chop, then body slam them.

Another was wearing some sort of cheap smart watch, definately not an apple or Samsung. So again a back fisted chop.

No Rolex sighted in the room, but there was someone with shoes with all these beads attached to them ? I didn't know if it was a joke or they were really expensive?

My watch must have impressed as a stunning woman slapped me on the arse real hard and a few others asked me to go to another party afterwards. I didn't go as rush hour 2 was on Foxtel.
When your dealer give you the good stuff lmao

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck watches, get on Flava Flav's level and just wear a clock!! @Blue_boost
You'll definitely be noticed walking into a room full of watch wearers. They won't be able to compete with this next level flexing.

flavaflav.jpg

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beauty is about symmetry. Wearing only one watch is not symmetrical.

could wear two watches... One each wrist, perfect beauty and balance