What is your job/occupation?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't mind the keeping up with technology stuff. It kind of naturally happens and comes day-to-day while on the job anyway.

My issue stems once you get past the Service Desk sort of roles. You're part of shit project after shit project dealing with idiot Project Managers and Team Managers and you wake up one day not remembering the last time you actually accomplished anything. I feel like there was more time spent in meetings than actually doing anything. At least with the Service Desk support there was that satisfacion of solving problems countless times a day.
Yeah I hate those meetings. Most of them were pointless. I remember one time some guy from HP came in and gave us a seminar about how a certain system/project should run. I left the meeting not having a freaking clue what the guy was on about for 2 hours.

One thing I did like about ICT though were the freebies you'd get from companies who you have an agreement with.
Thanks man. As dry as my job is at the moment, I've been in worse roles and situations and I'm overall pretty happy over here in Melbourne for now... so can't complain.
Same man, same. After the amount of crap jobs I went through after that restructure, it made me appreciate where I am more now. Even if I lose this job, I'll appreciate the next one I get.

Last edited:

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work for the department of foreign affairs.

Know any foreigner ladies that want affairs?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I work for the department of foreign affairs.

Know any foreigner ladies that want affairs?
Nah mate... the soft, cute Australian accent is my achilles heel. Hearing a chick speak with a thick accent... not so hot.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah mate... the soft, cute Australian accent is my achilles heel. Hearing a chick speak with a thick accent... not so hot.
You're lucky I get suckered in by foreign accents.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I come from Commercial Banking (Big 4, then Commercial Finance Broker), I'm a manager for an asset finance business now but looking for a new role now - Don't know what to do next.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I come from Commercial Banking (Big 4, then Commercial Finance Broker), I'm a manager for an asset finance business now but looking for a new role now - Don't know what to do next.
I've met a few bankers in the past.
One who worked for the Barclays bank and one for Westpac.

Both of them appeared to have bad PTSD and on the verge of a nervous breakdown if they had not already had one?

Must be swell to work with money that doesn't belong to you I say?

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I play poker

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was a Greenkeeper, and now have a landscape business.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've met a few bankers in the past.
One who worked for the Barclays bank and one for Westpac.

Both of them appeared to have bad PTSD and on the verge of a nervous breakdown if they had not already had one?

Must be swell to work with money that doesn't belong to you I say?
Yeah I came from Westpac. It's definitely a stressful industry. High pressure from the top and moving goal posts all the time.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not enough. I have a huge gum tree out the front that is filled with annoying birds at the moment. The entire lawn is literally covered in gum nuts and sticks in a daily basis. Does this smother the grass?

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Sleeky you sound like both a tactical genius and roster management/recruitment mastermind. Ever considered throwing in your CV to Bulldogs HQ?
Apparently I’m in the wrong job according to Mr Ed