Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The bloke cant fucking coach stop saying we dont have players, we've got players capable of showing more than what we've shown, he clearly cant get the best out of these players, he cant even get bench rotations right, he cant even get our players up for games we've conceded 76 points there's no fucking excuse for this I'm fucken pissedddddd
The players aren't good enough. We have a bunch of borderline NRL / average players. We lost the Morris brothers and Klemmer. We finished 12th on F/A tied with 2 other teams last year. We're in a rebuild phase. It will be a miracle to get top 8 before 2021.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The previous board paid the price for doing absolutely nothing right... Des was the cherry on top..
The difference between the last administration and this administration is significant. The last board took too long to make a decision on Des. The noise became so loud that even the players gave up. By contrast, the current board has made a swift decision after only really one week of significant mentions of dean's coaching abilities on twitter, the kennel and by sports commentators like Mick ennis. Besides, the current decision made is clearly to end all noise and speculation. Contracts these days mean nothing and there is no guarantee that Pay will survive. The onus is now on Pay to prove to the club and board he has what it takes

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
12 months is perfect. It gives the chance for the squad to get stronger under his guidance. If it doesn't work out, then the next coach comes in with a well worn squad plus whatever there is out there. I don't think any coach can work miracles with this squad within a year. Good move.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good decision. We will not be competitive until 2021, hopefully we can bring in 2-3 quality players and he does enough next year to get a shot with that roster.
True. If he doesn't work out, then a new coach with a couple of new additions to the squad.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
AN EXTREMELY CLEVER AND TACTICAL DECISION BY THE CLUB. They have identified the increasing noise on dean pay's coaching abilities from fans and commentators. Even I called for Dean Pay to be sacked after last weeks loss to the eels. However, i completely understand what the club is trying to do here. They are looking to stop the noise, which i am sure has entered the players' ears. The board is not blind and can see how bad the team is performing. There is no doubt that the team is looking to improve, but this task is made more difficult when there are question marks on the coach.

Besides, the club is not stupid. I am certain that the new contract has express terms relating to performance. If the rot continues and the noise is still there I have no doubt in my mind that the club will terminate on grounds of performance. The club knows what they are doing. Let's now hope the players get their shit together and start winning some games.
So is that another payout if Pay continues to fail to get results?

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have anything positive to say at all?

99% of your posts are negative dribble.

Go get laid boy
Its not only him, its nearly everyone. It seems if you don't whinge and bitch on here then there would be no threads.
As soon as I saw this news I came straight here for a laugh at everyone losing their shit.
Fucking funny

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board wanted to announce this exciting news after a win. They couldn't wait till next year.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The difference between the last administration and this administration is significant. The last board took too long to make a decision on Des. The noise became so loud that even the players gave up. By contrast, the current board has made a swift decision after only really one week of significant mentions of dean's coaching abilities on twitter, the kennel and by sports commentators like Mick ennis. Besides, the current decision made is clearly to end all noise and speculation. Contracts these days mean nothing and there is no guarantee that Pay will survive. The onus is now on Pay to prove to the club and board he has what it takes
I don't really think the most important part in this equation is how quickly the board can make a decision. I think making the right decision is really the most important aspect.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Meh...let's be realistic. There's no good coaches available and we'd need someone of the calibre of Bellamy/Bennett/Seibold to help pull us out of this. This year and next a holding pattern till better players and coaches available. They knocked the gossip on the head...but Dean really needs to start to pick the best players, in their best position and show some tactical and bench rotation nous. His performance has matched the players.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard was it for the board to hold out till end of season or heck 3/4 of the season before making such a drastic move. Yes it’s only 12 months but ffs he has done nothing atall to show he deserves another 12 months. It’s not like clubs are lining up to sign this premiership coach. Sometimes I just don’t understand our club. It’s such a mess and it gets worse as the season progresses

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Strange timing. Makes me think the salary cap saga keeps us nuetured till end 2020 and therefore no reason to chase a new coach before then anyway.

Last edited:

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most arent ejaculating over this news like you are..
Pay or not, no-one is bigger than the club

There will be thousands of players and coaches who will be at the Bulldogs, they come and go, but the club will always be there

Have a pint of concrete you whingeing softcock

Last edited:

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
An obvious move heading towards trying to make some signings for next year
Was going to post the same thing. It’s very much linked to recruitment, the very first question any potential new signing will ask is ‘who is the coach’ , then talk dollars. It’s bloody obvious.

Only concern is the perception that this year is really a right off. It had been discussed at various levels and many of us probably hoped it wouldn’t be this bad, extending him gives this mixed message now, and 2019 really is a mess.