Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
St Johns is in Belfield not lakemba BTW lol.

There are certain players who are making really poor errors at the opposition try line gifting the opposition penalties.. It's just sloppy play by one or 2 people which is why we're losing.... If the players don't try to make up for it in the game by a try assist or a try then it's off to ISp .othereise they're a liability to us because it puts our whole team on the back foot
Oh Gosh time for education 101.
St John's Eagles J.R.L.F.C originated from St John's Lakemba Boys school. They used to have home grounds at other places like Roselands which has the same post code as Lakemba. Their home ground is now in Belfield, Begnell Field. I attended St John's Lakemba from year 5 to year 10 and also played for the St Johns Eagles in my younger days.

When someone refers to St John's Lakemba Rugby League club they are refering to St John's Eagles J.R.L.F.C, they are one and the same FYI.
St John's Lakemba boys school does not exist anymore, the school is now a co-ed school called Holy Spirit College, but the St John's Eagles footy team remains.

It's like Canterbury Bankstown Berries, The Sydney Bulldogs, Canterbury Bulldogs, The Bulldogs from Belmore but also were officially from Homebush and left Belmore at one stage. But it is the same club.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St John's Eagles J.R.L.F.C originated from St John's Lakemba Boys school. They used to have home grounds at other places like Roselands which has the same post code as Lakemba. Their home ground is now in Belfield, Begnell Field. I attended St John's Lakemba from year 5 to year 10 and also played for the St Johns Eagles in my younger days.

When someone refers to St John's Lakemba Rugby League club they are refering to St John's Eagles J.R.L.F.C, they are one and the same FYI.
St John's Lakemba boys school does not exist anymore, the school is now a co-ed school called Holy Spirit College, but the St John's Eagles footy team remains.

It's like Canterbury Bankstown Berries, The Sydney Bulldogs, Canterbury Bulldogs, The Bulldogs from Belmore but also were officially from Homebush and left Belmore at one stage. But it is the same club.
I thought the Belmore and Homebush Bulldogs where 2 different clubs
You learn something new everyday
Wow
Not really sure who to support

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

What years did you attend St. Johns Lakemba?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a deep breath, crack open a tinnie and settle down champ, why so hostile ? Have you even read my post or is it in your nature to attack without cause ? Or maybe you are a troll and want to gee me up. The post was a reply to the question about team development not performance. Wasn't even directly about Pay, for fuck's sake lol.

If you care to read my post, I did mention that after assembling a good Saints team Brown failed to deliver a premiership. Didn't help when in 2007 he lost his star players Gasnier to injury and Bailey, Barrett and Timmins in the off-season. In 2008 he also lost Morris, Gasnier, Ryles, Chase, Setu, Woolford and Reynoldson. At least Brown has some historical experience. Did Brown learn anything from his tenure at Saints ? Time will tell.
Whilst the ESL might be inferior to the NRL, it still offers coaching experience. He achieved what was demanded of him winning 2 premierships.

You are very good at straw manning people bro.
" On the other hand people want to get rid of Pay two games into his second season ". Did I mention anything about getting rid of Pay ? My typical general comment on the subject is that our team rebuilding is probably better suited to an experienced coach who has the reputation and the ability to attract young players.
" People need to suck it up. And shut up! And if they can’t handle it go watch another sport, there’s plenty of other sports out there! " You keep stating " people this, people that" when addressing me. What makes you think I talk on behalf of a group of people ? If you want to address the people ( the whole kennel I suppose ) open a thread. Maybe you are using this term to generalize ?

Senior Bulldogs fans have lived with sucking it up after waiting for 38 years to win a premiership whilst constantly being laughed at and humiliated. Let me enlighten you with some history. Bullfrog used to meet the fans in the Leagues club foyer after every game. Did he tell the fans to shut up ? No, because he was interested in how the fans felt about the club's progress.
Totally agree with your comment well said and as a seniorish bulldogs follower il confirm your last statement re bullfrog it’s 100% true met and saw him many times talking to fans at the ground at the club

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Get with times..

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pays problem is he doesn't push the standard that he's expecting. He'll say we just weren't good enough, we made simple errors, this is not acceptable blah blah blah then he'll say BUT were on a learning curve, we're still young, the salary cap blah blah blah.. He's sending out mixed messages to the team and making excuses for poor performances.

Fuck that, set a standard and stick to it.. Drop the players who aren't meeting the expectations
How do you know what he says to the players behind closed doors ? Listening to what is said in the media is the last thing a professional athlete should do.

He’s already dropped underperforming players and he can’t bring them back at the moment because they are still playing shit in reserves. He hasn’t got a great squad to work with.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get with times..
Sorry dumbo, You originally said St John's is in Belfield not Lakemba...I'm simply stating that making reference to St John's Lakemba footy team is the same as St John's Eagles who play out of Belfield.

That's all I'm saying. I don't expect you to understand anyway...you were probably watching Beverly Hills 90210 to know about junior rugby league footy

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you know what he says to the players behind closed doors ? Listening to what is said in the media is the last thing a professional athlete should do.

He’s already dropped underperforming players and he can’t bring them back at the moment because they are still playing shit in reserves. He hasn’t got a great squad to work with.
He says this in press conferences to the public not behind closed doors refer to last weeks game

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry dumbo, You originally said St John's is in Belfield not Lakemba...I'm simply stating that making reference to St John's Lakemba footy team is the same as St John's Eagles who play out of Belfield.

That's all I'm saying. I don't expect you to understand anyway...you were probably watching Beverly Hills 90210 to know about junior rugby league footy
Triggered much.. I was just joking lol but yeah there's probably a good reason they took lakemba out of the name probably because the team is based somewhere other than lakemba now

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He says this in press conferences to the public not behind closed doors refer to last weeks game
My point still stands. You don’t know what message he tells the players behind closed doors. Coaches don’t tell the Media everything do they

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des Hasler during the period 2007-11 with Manly : won 2 premierships and lost 1 grand final.
Des's record becomes more impressive when the Dogs 2012 minor premiership victory and their 2 grand final losses are included.
From 2007 to 2014, the 2008 Rugby League International Federation's Coach of the Year, had an enviable record of 5 grand finals appearances and 1 minor premiership victory.

The reason I omitted Des was because of my adverse bias towards him and not on his achievements. Very hard to honor a man that has cost our club so much.

Last edited: