Napa is a dud

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit ****. Watched him closely today. I counted at least 4 sets of 6 where he did not even take one hit up. And was barely able to get back the ten and defend. Fucking passenger and a waste of money
I’ll have to watch the replay cause I didn’t think he was actually that bad (granted my expectations were low). I actually thought both Napa and CHN were the ones doing something. Holland and Lewis however were Fkn shocking

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The whole team played shit, Lewis and Foran I think where the most disappointing today , bad management of the game.
kicking the ball out when chasing points never got in a rhythm it was more start stop ,
The only time I got excited is when Napa put a big hit on the warriors forward.
Napa isn’t the problem.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He was gassed after 10 minutes. Needs a lot of fucking work. Leg drive post contact not good for a big guy.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole team played shit, Lewis and Foran I think where the most disappointing today , bad management of the game.
kicking the ball out when chasing points never got in a rhythm it was more start stop ,
The only time I got excited is when Napa put a big hit on the warriors forward.
Napa isn’t the problem.
I also remember that. was a little look at what’s to come from him (fingers crossed)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Local disruptive that won player of the year and was one of our most popular amongst teammates?
It all started when Woods was moved on. From then Klemmer had a chip on his shoulder, and was putting on an attitude that impacted team morale and constantly complaining about everything.

In the end players were happy to see the back of him.

Notice how no player has mentioned at all in preseason about missing Klemmer?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said at the time I thought he was a waste of money and it looks like they're stuck with him for three more years at who knows how much.

I want him to prove me wrong and today everyone was at fault but he's still yet to change my opinion that he's just not very good and that's why the Rorters let him walk.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s round 1 , stop being cry babies for fucks sake. Like it wouldn’t be so bad if the same people calling for heads didn’t praise those same problem the following week when they play good , this forum should be called the undecided ..

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It’s round 1 , stop being cry babies for fucks sake. Like it wouldn’t be so bad if the same people calling for heads didn’t praise those same problem the following week when they play good , this forum should be called the undecided ..
40-6 is embarrassing, different story if we lost and it was close game.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Local disruptive that won player of the year and was one of our most popular amongst teammates?

I get the hate for him now hes gone.. but when he was here he was a huge asset
Brother the guy didn’t want to be here!
The club didn’t want him to leave, or asked him to leave! He wanted out!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa is no leader. He looks good with other enforcers next to him. That’s it.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klemmer didn’t want to be here. Get over the **** it’s not that hard.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Typical Bulldogs recruitment retention

Let local cult hero whos an Australian prop leave that makes 177m per game and replace him with a guy making 77m per game..

Same dud decisions have been made since 2004..
But how long did Napa play for?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even Taumalolo (who cracked 300m tonight for Cowboys), would have struggled to hit 100m with us today.. NZ Warriors had 4 forwards over 100m.

When you have a dope at hooker who passes one man out, flat, and takes 4 hours to pass from dummy half, is it any wonder we lacked impact in the forwards. They got the ball flat footed and had zero impact as a result.

When JMK came on the game was already wasted, but we actually shifted up a gear and started to play more expansive.

Spot on. Without getting a pass when they have momentum our forwards will continue to struggle against a defensive line that has time to charge up. The ice Lichaa has to be on is so thin now it's got to be boiling water. I'd trade him for a piece of chewing gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe that's walked through 10,000 dogshits and it would still leave a better taste in my mouth than seeing Lichaa named our starting hooker

Reactions: mez

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Klemmer is a metre eater and always will be

Napa is not a metre eater and never will be.

It all comes down to the balance of the squad.

The rorters metre eaters are/were there outside backs - Tedesco, Ferguson, Tupou, so metre eater in the forwards was and is not required. Just aggressive, power forwards with quick play the balls.

Klemmer was a metre eater, who we required and require because our outside backs dont eat the metres nor get us rolling our of our half.

Warriors back 3 got them rolling forward and there forwards played off the back of that.

We are so unbalanced and fucked its not funny. For todays modern game, we do not have a genuine 1, 6, 7 or 9 (be it for alot of reasons), we do not have any speedsters in the backline nor do we have front rowers who can pop an offload to create second phase play, though even if we did we dont have the speed to capitalize on second phase play.

Napa is no Klemmer, but we have a long list of issues which looks like its going to take a very long time to see any sort of progress
Klemmer didn’t want to be here so why keep him? Everyone should get over Klemmer..