Talkin Sport 3 Clubs being investigated for large salary cap Breaches

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it just me or is the stench coming out of the shire getting worse

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Johnson is injury prone these days. Hasn't completed a full season since 2016 (and only completed 2 full seasons since 2011).

Correct me if I'm wrong but how can this salray cap crap continue to happen when aren't the NRL not meant to sign off a contract if the club is over the cap??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but how can this salray cap crap continue to happen when aren't the NRL not meant to sign off a contract if the club is over the cap??
I don’t think they are over the cap for this year but the NRL will probably take a bit off their cap as punishment so someone has to go to get back under. Apparently it has to be Johnson because he was the last player they bought.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t think they are over the cap for this year but the NRL will probably take a bit off their cap as punishment so someone has to go to get back under. Apparently it has to be Johnson because he was the last player they bought.
I wonder if this is historical cap breaches, or current. For it to be claimed police are investigating suggests something criminal (fraud?).

If they lose Johnson, they still have Townsend/Moylan/Flanagan (and possibly Jesse Masrchke) to put together a halves pairing from.

ACTUALLY ... if Sharks lose Johnson I bet the Cowboys pounce on him. Poor Kahu left waiting in the wings.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is historical cap breaches, or current. For it to be claimed police are investigating suggests something criminal (fraud?).

If they lose Johnson, they still have Townsend/Moylan/Flanagan (and possibly Jesse Masrchke) to put together a halves pairing from.

ACTUALLY ... if Sharks lose Johnson I bet the Cowboys pounce on him. Poor Kahu left waiting in the wings.
A report a few months ago said it was from 2015 and 2017 magically 2016 had no problem with it. Who knows if that’s changed now. Players like Jeff Robson were getting fake invoices for things they never did so that’s maybe why the cops are involved.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Todd was adamant that it was okay. Yet in the next breath then commented that he was not certain that their Premiership would remain untarnished.....
Todd doesn’t know the difference between rat shit and rice bubbles.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So we can all have a good old fashioned laugh if this turns out to be true.

View attachment 9103
After being nice to the Bulldogs with his latest article relating to punishments and in reference to Napa he now becomes VERY defensive when it is his beloved Sharks once again under the microscope.

I would love nothing more than to see the Gummies punished. Bunch of muppets and it starts at the top with their ex coach. At least they can't really throw him under the bus because he already has been.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dream would be: Knights, Sharks and Roosters.

Expecting: Sharks, Dragons and Tigers.

How funny would it be if the Knights and Klemmer were deducted points after the whole Klemmer saga, but its been well documented that they were heaps under the cap so theres no chance its them. And the Roosters are protected so count them out too.
I’d laugh even harder if it was Captain Mbye’s Tigers

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
As much as I would piss myself at say sharks, donkeys and rorters the thing here is the constant damage to the game from every direction. We can't afford to have asterisks next to years in the premiership lists like the storm caused. It's every few years now with most getting off, time has well and truly passed on the salary cap failure and time for the whole game to be cleaned up!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stripping a team of its premiership does nothing. Everyone knows who won that year and the team that lost in the grand final doesn't get awarded the premiership so what's the point?

The cap is a joke and it's not only 3 teams that are cheating it. Publish everyone's salaries, abolish third party payments and the whole game will be more transparent.

As others have said, of course the Roosters and Brisbane won't be one of the teams mentioned. They're never over the cap. Nothing to see there.

The competition is fraudulent on so many levels and this is why I and lots of others barely watch at all anymore.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When there’s smoke there is fire, the salary cap breach hasn’t been completed yet on the sharks I’m pretty sure they got the minor fine but bulldog Ritchie said it was on going into other things so hopefully it’s true because they have become the arrogant fuck head team the sharks.. this is what I mean like it’s not even a joke anymore it’s just so normal to know it’s going on but u just sigh cause the nrl has just played dumb for to long

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
At what point does Greenberg’s position become untenable?

Even the likes of Gallop and co. had many crisis but seemed to handle them infinitely better then Greenberg.

Surely there’s a hard nosed administrator out there who’s also NRL and business savvy that’s a better option?

The game is an absolute mess...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I read an article and Glenn Lazarus had a good idea, the players aren't contracted to the club, rather they sign a contract with the NRL.
The club then pays the NRL for that players contract out of the annual grant to clubs and players then become employed by the NRL, but contracted out to clubs.
While clubs could still find a way to circumvent the cap it may help reduce cap rorting, players breaking contracts and clubs imposing favourable punishments for misbehaving players.