Talkin Sport 3 Clubs being investigated for large salary cap Breaches

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if this is historical cap breaches, or current. For it to be claimed police are investigating suggests something criminal (fraud?).

If they lose Johnson, they still have Townsend/Moylan/Flanagan (and possibly Jesse Masrchke) to put together a halves pairing from.

ACTUALLY ... if Sharks lose Johnson I bet the Cowboys pounce on him. Poor Kahu left waiting in the wings.
Jesse marsrckhe is playing for us in bega this weekend

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Isn't he close to 100 years old now...seriously
May well be but doesn't get dumber as he gets older. We currently have a younger turd going a shit job. And a old ex politician as the head of the game. We need a sports administrator not a politician regardless of age.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Storm being named by TripleM as being $600k over the cap. So that's one.

I'm guessing Manly and Sharks are the others.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Storm being named by TripleM as being $600k over the cap. So that's one.

I'm guessing Manly and Sharks are the others.
Massive news if true. That's a big statement to make if there is no proof. Wow

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How the fuck are the roosters never implicated in anything, i remember morley got done years ago driving a car that wasn't included in the cap i pissed my self laughing that when shubert was the cap auditor

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny how many of the clubs who are a potential threat to Roosters going back to back are being shaken up, but smooth sailing in Sombrero land

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if this is historical cap breaches, or current. For it to be claimed police are investigating suggests something criminal (fraud?).

If they lose Johnson, they still have Townsend/Moylan/Flanagan (and possibly Jesse Masrchke) to put together a halves pairing from.

ACTUALLY ... if Sharks lose Johnson I bet the Cowboys pounce on him. Poor Kahu left waiting in the wings.
If what I’ve heard is correct there’s still a lot more to come out of the Cronulla sharks saga. Buzz will have a very hard time deflecting this story from his beloved club.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck are the roosters never implicated in anything, i remember morley got done years ago driving a car that wasn't included in the cap i pissed my self laughing that when shubert was the cap auditor
Another thing that bugs me is, I've only been in Sydney for a few days, (medical will likely be here for up to weeks) and where I'm staying the telecrap is provided free, (I wouldn't pay 1 cent for it) you pick it up and what is most noticeable in the back pages is their love affair for the Rotters.
I'm certain that News and the NRL are working towards underming most of the other Sydney clubs. It would make sense to some that the NRL would only want 4 Sydney clubs.
(1) The Rotters of course to cover all the Inner City Suburbs.
(2) Manly the game would need a team to cover the Northern Beaches.
(3) Penrith big Junior base in Western Sydney and in close proximity to Western NSW.
(4) St George Illawarra and South Coast Region.
IMHO the only caveat is that by the time they achieve their goal, they will have destroyed the game or turned it into a Mino sport.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Another thing that bugs me is, I've only been in Sydney for a few days, (medical will likely be here for up to weeks) and where I'm staying the telecrap is provided free, (I wouldn't pay 1 cent for it) you pick it up and what is most noticeable in the back pages is their love affair for the Rotters.
I'm certain that News and the NRL are working towards underming most of the other Sydney clubs. It would make sense to some that the NRL would only want 4 Sydney clubs.
(1) The Rotters of course to cover all the Inner City Suburbs.
(2) Manly the game would need a team to cover the Northern Beaches.
(3) Penrith big Junior base in Western Sydney and in close proximity to Western NSW.
(4) St George Illawarra and South Coast Region.
IMHO the only caveat is that by the time they achieve their goal, they will have destroyed the game or turned it into a Mino sport.
Hey @Kelpie03 ... wishing you all the best in your recovery mate!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey @Kelpie03 ... wishing you all the best in your recovery mate!
Many thanks for the good wishes Mr I, will be here for a while (4-6 weeks) but all should be good, I expect that the parts they cut out this time will be replaced with new ones.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Many thanks for the good wishes Mr I, will be here for a while (4-6 weeks) but all should be good, I expect that the parts they cut out this time will be replaced with new ones.
New for old replacement eh! That's good customer service :grinning: