Pay to focus on ruck speed

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ruck speed doesn't always mean instant results. It can also lead to more errors in the play the ball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis is tough but if he was to move to lock surely you would have to put him in reserve grade for a decent amount of time to build up working the middle. Lock is 2nd toughest postion to play on the filed after prop. I mean toughest with the continuous hitting it up and defending. If Lewis doesn't work out in the halves I think centres as he is tall and can ball play, plus you would just bulk him up
Yh it wouldn't be an instant switch or anything, I just think his frame is big enough to fill out if required and it will give as an extra ball player on the field. There is 0 chance of this happening as our backrow is stacked and there's better things worth persisting with. I can't see him at centre, his running game is basically non existent at this point and even if he improves it he will still lack the elusiveness or power you want from an outside back today.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis isnt a lock
We don't have a NRL standard hooker
CHN will play center until we find a nrl capable center
Cogger is quite simply an unknown who has shown glimpses. Hard to tell if he would be a regular at NRL level yet

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
We fucked up letting Woolford go. Shouldve played 1st grade this year for us.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t bother reading. Lichaa is too slow.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are going to hate this post, however I’ve been told (by a reputable source) that Cogger will be most likely to partner Foran in the Halves to start the season as Pay sees more overall in Cogger than Lewis. Someone in the know please Dispell this as I haven’t slept since hearing it...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You guys are going to hate this post, however I’ve been told (by a reputable source) that Cogger will be most likely to partner Foran in the Halves to start the season as Pay sees more overall in Cogger than Lewis. Someone in the know please Dispell this as I haven’t slept since hearing it...
Hahahahaha. I joked about this happening (well half joked) and some people got upset. But surely this can't actually happen?.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely something that needs work. 2nd phase play and ruck speed were 2 key things that need improvement. Line speed in defence and overall fitness would help aswell
Well CHN and Napa are two of the best in that area, so that's a good place to start

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been told (by a reputable source)
No offense, but if the club had a dollar for every time that has been said on this forum and turned out to be wrong we could buy a proper no 12.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK might not be a write off as a hooker. He's pretty willing defensively and seems willing to learn. And he reputedly played a lot of hooker in the juniors. If he's had a full off season training there he might surprise a few people. I don't think he'll instantly become a creative hooker, but even if he gets the basics right (good ball service to the right players and defense) we'll be better off than waiting for Lichaa to decide to work on his game. To me Lichaa has it stuck in his head that he'll someday make a mark by continuing to focus on dummy half running.

Unfortunately I'm getting messages saying ad blocking software is preventing video from the Bulldogs site from playing when I haven't got any installed so I don't know what Pay had to say in the vid. But I'm not going to judge on words alone. The way the team plays is the only true litmus test.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If this does happen then Pay needs to be sacked asap But surely Pay isn't that fkn stupid...is he?

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh it wouldn't be an instant switch or anything, I just think his frame is big enough to fill out if required and it will give as an extra ball player on the field. There is 0 chance of this happening as our backrow is stacked and there's better things worth persisting with. I can't see him at centre, his running game is basically non existent at this point and even if he improves it he will still lack the elusiveness or power you want from an outside back today.
He’d have been an ideal lock in the ’90s. The way the game is played now though, I can’t see this happening.