Pay to focus on ruck speed

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
“Ruck speed” and “playing what’s in front of us”. I hope the winning formula is as simple as it sounds, and that our players actually know what this means in practice.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys are going to hate this post, however I’ve been told (by a reputable source) that Cogger will be most likely to partner Foran in the Halves to start the season as Pay sees more overall in Cogger than Lewis. Someone in the know please Dispell this as I haven’t slept since hearing it...
And did you ask where Lewis was playing? Or is this where the rumour ended?

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last year it was the Dogs of War and he was going to bring the madness.
I doubt Dean knows what he is bring to lunch half the time

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is it 1997? I thought locks were props these days.
Please don't start me up on the prop/lock debate again. If we have the right players around them then you can have a lighter lock. Murray and Radley done well when they played at lock last season. Jackson is without a doubt out best option at lock going forward.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Please don't start me up on the prop/lock debate again. If we have the right players around them then you can have a lighter lock. Murray and Radley done well when they played at lock last season. Jackson is without a doubt out best option at lock going forward.
And they are comparable to a natural five-eighth / ball-player such as Lewis how?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And they are comparable to a natural five-eighth / ball-player such as Lewis how?
Murray has some great ball skills. I also wouldn't call Lewis a natural 5/8, he has fuck all of a running game.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Murray has some great ball skills. I also wouldn't call Lewis a natural 5/8, he has fuck all of a running game.
It’s certainly a better fit for him than today’s idea of a lock. To play him there would be a luxury in another age, like when Fittler played lock in the Australian sides when Daley was 6, and Scott Hill when Fittler was 6.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with our 3 choices is none of them are quick between the ears, so we can speed up the ruck but if the service is going to remain indecisive and slow isn’t going to make enough of a change
So TRUE

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No bro, every once in a while a random member of The Kennel pops up and tells us his 'in the know' matey told him so... absolute load of shit
This guy is defentely in the know trust me. You see his head and on TV during the games.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s certainly a better fit for him than today’s idea of a lock. To play him there would be a luxury in another age, like when Fittler played lock in the Australian sides when Daley was 6, and Scott Hill when Fittler was 6.
Ofcourse it's a better fit right now, I'm just saying if he doesn't work out in the halves then he could fill out his frame and move to the forwards.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we’ll score more tries this year as were getting less predictable as what we showed playing Desball. Unfortunately I cant see any improvement in defence. Sadly it’s one of the reasons why Lichea needs to keep his spot as at least he can tackle.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No bro, every once in a while a random member of The Kennel pops up and tells us his 'in the know' matey told him so... absolute load of shit
Lol so true.

Sometimes the kennel resembles the telucrap

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol so true.

Sometimes the kennel resembles the telucrap
The thing about the Kennel is noobs seem to post “in the know”, man if you know someone, just say who the source is.. Sounds like bS from another blow ass to me..

However we will win more games this year if Foran stays fit and manages the game.. we lack game management especially in the tight games..

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing about the Kennel is noobs seem to post “in the know”, man if you know someone, just say who the source is.. Sounds like bS from another blow ass to me..

However we will win more games this year if Foran stays fit and manages the game.. we lack game management especially in the tight games..
I’m hoping it’s not true as much as you mate, but knocking down my post as BS or belittling me as a discredited noob is inappropriate. I have no interest in trying to appease uneducated individuals like yourself, I don’t post on the premise that you accept it, I post what comes to hand from what I consider reliable sources for the benefit of discussion.

I will not disclose the source because It’s inappropriate to do so. If you want to be a hero and know any sources for the benefit of transparency list them by name...

Thought so...

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahahaha. I joked about this happening (well half joked) and some people got upset. But surely this can't actually happen?.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Lewis’s father Scott is keen for him to go to the Broncos. If we fuck him around he won’t be with us for long.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The conversation was for about 10 mins. In summary what was said is that Pay doesn’t rate Montoya or Martin and that Lichaa was unsuccessfully shopped around (all of this is widely known so I guess this confirms it). He said that hasn’t heard an update since the end of the season but he understands that JMK (at hooker) Cogger (in the halves) and Meaney (Fullback) are most likely to start the season in their respective positions. He also said Lewis is rated amongst the coaching staff and could pop up in the centres. He did say that he hasn’t heard anything since the end of the season so all of the above very well may change.

Crichton is also rated highly and was likened to a “Matty Utai” clone.
It was so obvious that Pay didn't rate Martin, unfortunately he doesn't fit Pay's mould despite him improving the side and winning us games once he got his chance.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis’s father Scott is keen for him to go to the Broncos. If we fuck him around he won’t be with us for long.
Do you know the family? Lewis and his Missus are expecting their first child. Wonder if she’d want to be close to her family back in Canberra?