What has happened to the romantic city

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They have a thing called Paris Syndrome, tourists go there thinking its going to be something from an old romantic tale and are shocked to discover its a shithole.
Shithole is something of an exaggeration. For all of its faults, it's still got reasons to visit. Or to put it another way, if Paris is a shithole, you must not have been to many real shitholes.

@flamebouyant , you have spent more time in France/Paris there than anyone else here (I think). Your thoughts?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They have a thing called Paris Syndrome, tourists go there thinking its going to be something from an old romantic tale and are shocked to discover its a shithole.
yep.. 'apparently' some Japanese people go to therapy over it lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shithole is something of an exaggeration. For all of its faults, it's still got reasons to visit. Or to put it another way, if Paris is a shithole, you must not have been to many real shitholes.

@flamebouyant , you have spent more time in France/Paris there than anyone else here (I think). Your thoughts?
Paris is far from a shithole! Sure enough it has some really rough suburbs as any big city does, the metro and trainlines are confusing as fuck and the streets completely congested, but it is also filled with stunning architecture, history, amazing cultural exhibitions, restaurants, bars, nightlife, and stunning woman.
Would i live there? No. But id sure as hell rather live there then western sydney!!!!! Lol
I have been to some shithole places in my time, paris is hardly one of them.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would anyone go to France? Or even Europe?

It's full of Arabs now, they turned it into the Mid East part 2.

I'm sure the bit of truth will trigger some lefty poof.
Paris is far from a shithole! Sure enough it has some really rough suburbs as any big city does, the metro and trainlines are confusing as fuck and the streets completely congested, but it is also filled with stunning architecture, history, amazing cultural exhibitions, restaurants, bars, nightlife, and stunning woman.
Would i live there? No. But id sure as hell rather live there then western sydney!!!!! Lol
I have been to some shithole places in my time, paris is hardly one of them.
People see only what they want to see

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
4E6380C2-6D4F-4FFA-8B9C-C7CD9E64C665.jpeg
Mmm maybe not Boggie..lol!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
France has definitely changed in the last few years. It went from the gold standard of living then the PC activists forced the government to take in more people than it could sustain now those PC activists are rioting because their comfortable lifestyles have changed.
Have you ever been to france? It appears to me that you have no idea what your talking about.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you ever been to france? It appears to me that you have no idea what your talking about.
No never been there so I wouldn't have a clue that France has free healthcare, free scripts and free education.. Just did a Google not free education anymore but healthcare is best in the world

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be, but that's racist too lol
Lol
I don’t think so

Old mate said there are plenty of fuckwits in America

As you said American takes in massive amounts of migrants

I’m asking a question? Are those the fuckwits he is talking about?
If not who?

Either way he is the racist
I’m not suggesting either are fuckwits

But simply trying to figure out who he was referring to

Let’s let him answer so we can see who he is racist towards

America migrants?
Or existing American citizens?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol
I don’t think so

Old mate said there are plenty of fuckwits in America

As you said American takes in massive amounts of migrants

I’m asking a question? Are those the fuckwits he is talking about?
If not who?

Either way he is the racist
I’m not suggesting either are fuckwits

But simply trying to figure out who he was referring to

Let’s let him answer so we can see who he is racist towards

America migrants?
Or existing American citizens?
Yes would be interesting to hear the answer to that one lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No never been there so I wouldn't have a clue that France has free healthcare, free scripts and free education.. Just did a Google not free education anymore but healthcare is best in the world
Thats got botging to do with the post i commented on. Many european countries have free healthcare and schooling.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im curious how many people that have commented on this post have actually been to france? Surely bulldogs supprters know by now that the media dont always report acurately.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im curious how many people that have commented on this post have actually been to france? Surely bulldogs supprters know by now that the media dont always report acurately.
I’d love to go..my dream..munching on a fresh baguette..strolling the Champs Élysées.. Then off to the top of the Eiffel Tower.. Bliss!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only 2 places I'd step foot in Eurostan is for the Lambo factory and visit my direct descendants in Germany.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Been to many countries around the world.

You quickly learn something, all people care about is putting bread on the table and a roof over their head

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d love to go..my dream..munching on a fresh baguette..strolling the Champs Élysées.. Then off to the top of the Eiffel Tower.. Bliss!
My favourite spot was the Louvre, and I am someone who isn't big on museums/galleries. But it is something special.