What has happened to the romantic city

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
you are talking migrants here not refugees right?

Cos US has not taken 5 million refugees in last 5 years... not even close to that.
Yep. That's purely a migrant focus.

If we just focus on refugees per capita then Canada accepts the most followed by Australia and Norway. USA doesn't even accept half of what Australia does per capita.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. That's purely a migrant focus.

If we just focus on refugees per capita then Canada accepts the most followed by Australia and Norway. USA doesn't even accept half of what Australia does per capita.

is that from Wolfy's book of statistics?

fact is

upload_2018-12-2_18-9-11.png

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's true but the data might include illegal immigrants too which could be refugees just waiting for the status so that they get better welfare
That's an important distinction. Refugees are only those feeling the war torn countries. It also comes down to what the state recognises as a refugee.

In America a large number of immigrants come from Mexico/South America. Also what Germany considers to be refugees, America may not consider. It's also important to note that it's easier to get to Australia from the Middle East than it is to get to America.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
coincidentally where ever the refugees are coming from US of A is involved in some way shape or form involved in bombing of those countries.

#RESPECT
you should target your hate towards the real perpetrators .

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
you should target your hate towards the real perpetrators .

I hate refugees more than you do and I don't want them coming to our shores.

Lets start by keeping them in their own homes by ......not bombing them?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
see then number of refugees have dropped across the globe in comparison to last few years?

Guess where the next wave of refugee is coming from?

hint: Yemen

Guess who is bombing the shit out of Yemen?

hint: Saudi America.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
see then number of refugees have dropped across the globe in comparison to last few years?

Guess where the next wave of refugee is coming from?

hint: Yemen

Guess who is bombing the shit out of Yemen?

hint: Saudi America.
Nope Yemenis are stranded they cant escape

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's an important distinction. Refugees are only those feeling the war torn countries. It also comes down to what the state recognises as a refugee.

In America a large number of immigrants come from Mexico/South America. Also what Germany considers to be refugees, America may not consider. It's also important to note that it's easier to get to Australia from the Middle East than it is to get to America.
Wow I didn't realise refugee status was so interpretive. It used to mean someone looking for a safe place to stay till the danger subsided

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
is that from Wolfy's book of statistics?

fact is

View attachment 8376
Sorry, I should point out that my stats are only based on those of confirmed refugees resettled by the government.

There are many different categories we have to look at here and each will hard largely different stats. For example, if we look at the total number of refugees let into the country by government then Germany is up near the top.

If we look at the total number of refugees that that have entered the country per capita including legally and illegally then Lebanon is at the top. If we look at the total number who have entered the country overall then Turkey is at the top.

This is a topic which is way too complex to debate with simple statistics in a thread that doesn't have much to do with it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow I didn't realise refugee status was so interpretive. It used to mean someone looking for a safe place to stay till the danger subsided
Yep. Now days it means that you much be forced to leave your country but allows for several reasons why you're forced out.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry, I should point out that my stats are only based on those of confirmed refugees resettled by the government.

There are many different categories we have to look at here and each will hard largely different stats. For example, if we look at the total number of refugees let into the country by government then Germany is up near the top.

If we look at the total number of refugees that that have entered the country per capita including legally and illegally then Lebanon is at the top. If we look at the total number who have entered the country overall then Turkey is at the top.

This is a topic which is way too complex to debate with simple statistics in a thread that doesn't have much to do with it.

UNHCR data is for confirmed refugees.

On Per Capita basis only Sweden has taken the most among Western countries and USA, still less than Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan, Uganda, Chad.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because I like women!

I like women too, but you like different kind of women and search from then on line hence why you receive these ads.

haha