Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor UFC 229!

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Khabib dominated CM, what a fight. CM looked out of place tbh. Khabib clipped him in the second round. But the aftermath is questionable.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing I couldn't see or understand was... what was Conor's game plan? I just didn't get it? Conor, just walked forward into Khabib... I would of thought he would of just stood inside of the octagon and waited for the left counter when Khabib comes forward.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Conor is the Rabbitohs of the NRL he can do no wrong.
Is Conor a drink driving, sexual harassing woman basher, too?

Fuck, Greenberg must be soaking wet!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing I couldn't see or understand was... what was Conor's game plan? I just didn't get it? Conor, just walked forward into Khabib... I would of thought he would of just stood inside of the octagon and waited for the left counter when Khabib comes forward.
He was waiting for Khabibs take down attempts all fight and totally did not expect Khabib to even throw a punch, that’s what fucked Conor up. Conor was standing there acting as if Khabib didn’t know how to stand and throw punches, too cocky.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Mcgregors a softcock tapped when it wasn't even a proper choke. Couldve got out of that..took the easy way out. Proper coward he is

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Khabib isn't boring..the UFCs boring. He does everything within the rules. Fuck the UFC..it has nothing on boxing. People only watch because there are some fucked up knock outs.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Khabib isn't boring..the UFCs boring. He does everything within the rules. Fuck the UFC..it has nothing on boxing. People only watch because there are some fucked up knock outs.
Coming from someone without very little interest in both.. UFC everyday of the week unless it's Anthony Joshua fighting.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mcgregors a softcock tapped when it wasn't even a proper choke. Couldve got out of that..took the easy way out. Proper coward he is
I don't think you're giving Khabib the credit. I wouldn't call Conor a softcock, Khabib had him locked up, what else was he suppose to do? You can't get out of it when he was completely locked into the choke.

Coward? people quickly forget that Conor takes on the biggest challengers in the sport that most people would not. Fighting Diaz in a rematch at 170 was unthinkable as one example.

Khabib is the best in the division, Conor just got beaten by the better fighter. Doesn't mean he is a coward. He would be a coward not taking the fight.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I don't think you're giving Khabib the credit. I wouldn't call Conor a softcock, Khabib had him locked up, what else was he suppose to do? You can't get out of it when he was completely locked into the choke.

Coward? people quickly forget that Conor takes on the biggest challengers in the sport that most people would not. Fighting Diaz in a rematch at 170 was unthinkable as one example.

Khabib is the best in the division, Conor just got beaten by the better fighter. Doesn't mean he is a coward. He would be a coward not taking the fight.
Maybe I was a little harsh but the way he runs his mouth...it was funny seeing him give up for what the 5th time in his career? He could have got out of that choke 100% it wasnt locked in. He quit and didnt front the press conference. Thats why he is a coward, make no mistake about that.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dana White doesn't have a choice as UFC (like boxing) the event is regulated by the governing body of the state/country the event is held in.

As it was in Las Vegas, the Nevada State Athletics Commission have the final say regarding actions/sanctions to both and all others involved. The fighters may not cop criminal charges (because they can be sanctioned in other ways - although Connor was criminally charged over the bus attack), but the team members will almost certainly face criminal charges (and in some US States (including Nevada State), the police only have to sight an assault/battery to press charges (with or without someone complaining).

Given it went international, anyone throwing a punch is likely to be identified and charged.

So Connor saying he doesn't want anyone charged, holds no bearing on if police charge anyone. Likewise Dana White saying the title stands holds no bearing as well, pending the NSAC report (fronted by a no nonsense 30+ year FBI veteran/investigator)

They are currently withholding Khabibs pay cheque from the fight, and will investigate all options, including suspensions and sanctions.

At it's most severe, NASC could even ban UFC from hosting events in Las Vegas in the future.

I'd like to say so, but Connor was criminally charged with it, and the Las Vegas PD will be pressing charges.

If UFC staged it for views, it's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, as this could cost them big.

No charges were pressed against anyone, they are all free.

Only the UFC can strip titles. The commission has literally no say in titles. They can ban Khabib and Conor though.

Lol no chance at all Dana releases them and it would be idiotic to release them. Khabib didn't do anything bad enough to release him anyway.

People need to stop being offended by everything and toughen the fuck up.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Conor's fans got belted just like their hero

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He does seem to panic though and tap our rather quickly.

Have a look at all his losses in MMA and the moment he is near to, or caught in a submission, he taps quickly.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony Ferguson to fight khabib. Amazing fight if it happens!
I think Ferguson could be a very dangerous matchup for Khabib if it happens. Ferguson wouldn’t be afraid of being taken down and could do damage on his back.
I hope the UFC realise to an extent this is a monster they created. I won’t say it’s been explicitly been encouraged, but fighters like Conor haven’t been penalised for talkimg smack and provoking their opponents. There have been clear instances where fighters have talked their way into high profile matches despite their rankings not reflecting the opportunity provided.
Unfortunately Conor talked smack and attacked the wrong crew which led to this. If you want to create this drama you need to understand you may not be able to control how people react.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
True but in all honesty who cares? No one really gave a fuck when Conor threw a dolly threw the bus.

As just a fight fan (and not caring about the WWE shit that came after), all I care about is who won or lost.

The UFC hype machine and Conor fan boys will focus on the aftermath but WE ALL know what's up. Conor got embarrassed.

All the other shit was lame, uncalled for, good for the second one in Russia but all a mere distraction to what happen. A tap out to a choke NOT EVEN IN lol
They even used the bus incident in the promotion of the fight because it "was part of the story". Dana said he did not regret using the footage even after all the crap that happened.

It sounds like Dana is pissed, just like he was when Conor pulled his stunts, but he is leaving it all up to the athletics commission to hand down sanctions. If they give Khabib a small suspension (say 6 months) nothing will happen and Khabib will defend the belt at the end of that. If it is longer (a year or more) he will either strip the belt or have an interim belt fight. He definitely won't kick Khabib out of the UFC over this unless Khabib gets banned from the USA (won't happen as it sounds like no one is even pressing charges).

Khabib apparently said before the fight that all he wanted to do was smash UFC's poster boy and retire, so he may not even give a fux about any of this and does not plan to fight again. I hope that isn't true because the guy is awesome to watch and I want to see him tested further. I can't see Conor ever beating him though, he was totally owned and I can't see him ever being able to improve enough to beat Khabib. I mean yeah, Conor is better at stand up, but Khabib proved he is no slouch there and he will eventually get Conor down every single time and always be able to win.

I wish none of this crap happened though, Khabib ruined an awesome chance to really rub in the win by having the belt put on and then he could have said whatever smack he wanted and walk out of that arena like a king.

Malla

Reaction score
He does seem to panic though and tap our rather quickly.

Have a look at all his losses in MMA and the moment he is near to, or caught in a submission, he taps quickly.
There's about 6 better fighters in his division - the fight before his, Ferguson and Pettis - both of them would take Connor to school. Clearly just a money grab from Dana, if anything comes out of this is that people finally get sick of Dana cock sucking Conor to the death.

Conor is a shit fighter, I think the world should be able to see this now.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Ferguson could be a very dangerous matchup for Khabib if it happens. Ferguson wouldn’t be afraid of being taken down and could do damage on his back.
I hope the UFC realise to an extent this is a monster they created. I won’t say it’s been explicitly been encouraged, but fighters like Conor haven’t been penalised for talkimg smack and provoking their opponents. There have been clear instances where fighters have talked their way into high profile matches despite their rankings not reflecting the opportunity provided.
Unfortunately Conor talked smack and attacked the wrong crew which led to this. If you want to create this drama you need to understand you may not be able to control how people react.
Ferguson definitely deserves next crack, so hopefully the suspension if there is one is not too long.

Did you catch the presser? Ferguson is one weird cat. I honestly think Khabib will kick his ass but it would be a very entertaining build up and fight if it happens.

Malla

Reaction score
They even used the bus incident in the promotion of the fight because it "was part of the story". Dana said he did not regret using the footage even after all the crap that happened.

It sounds like Dana is pissed, just like he was when Conor pulled his stunts, but he is leaving it all up to the athletics commission to hand down sanctions. If they give Khabib a small suspension (say 6 months) nothing will happen and Khabib will defend the belt at the end of that. If it is longer (a year or more) he will either strip the belt or have an interim belt fight. He definitely won't kick Khabib out of the UFC over this unless Khabib gets banned from the USA (won't happen as it sounds like no one is even pressing charges).

Khabib apparently said before the fight that all he wanted to do was smash UFC's poster boy and retire, so he may not even give a fux about any of this and does not plan to fight again. I hope that isn't true because the guy is awesome to watch and I want to see him tested further. I can't see Conor ever beating him though, he was totally owned and I can't see him ever being able to improve enough to beat Khabib. I mean yeah, Conor is better at stand up, but Khabib proved he is no slouch there and he will eventually get Conor down every single time and always be able to win.

I wish none of this crap happened though, Khabib ruined an awesome chance to really rub in the win by having the belt put on and then he could have said whatever smack he wanted and walk out of that arena like a king.
I think it's all self inflicted by Dana. Using the bus incident to promote everything, allowing Conor to talk down on Khabib, his family and his belief's etc - it all came back to smack him in the face and tbh this may have damaged the UFC's brand. If the commission want to be dead set about this investigation, surely they will punish the root cause of what happened and that being Dana. Obviously he isn't responsible Khabib's actions, and Khabib should definitely deal with those consequences, but the way Dana has been running this the last few years is just terrible.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There's about 6 better fighters in his division - the fight before his, Ferguson and Pettis - both of them would take Connor to school. Clearly just a money grab from Dana, if anything comes out of this is that people finally get sick of Dana cock sucking Conor to the death.

Conor is a shit fighter, I think the world should be able to see this now.
That is such a ridiculous thing to say. Conor is definitely not a shit fighter, his stand up game is up there with the best, he just cannot match people with an excellent ground game. I will admit that he is overrated though, and it is mostly because of how good he is at self promotion. The exact same thing happened with Rousey, but unlike Rousey I fully expect Conor to come back and beat almost any of the top contenders in lightweight, I just can't ever see him beating Khabib. He could easily beat the rest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.