News Another sponsor gone

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I endorse your cromulent remarks and also would like to take this opportunity to send a message to gaycar and dirty sister

GET FUCKED both of you
This post embiggens me. You've put it so cromulently.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve literally never heard of them and after this message I will forget they existed.

These dud companies going belly up needing to save a bit of coin. Might have contributed to the dud results we’ve had. Glad they’re both gone and now we can get a few more decent companies onboard.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, I guess they see it as they have to protect their brand. Like it or not plenty of people were riled up by the media and were outraged.

I dont think they give 2 shits about 0.0001% of their customers "not buying it anymore."
Do you or have you ever owned a business? "any publicity...." It's all about the bottom dollar. I'm going to make an educated guess and say they're not really in a position to pay $350,000 a year for advertising and we're looking for a way out. I will be proven right or wrong if they do or don't go on to sponsor another NRL team. And it would have to be a squeaky clean NRL team for their morals and ethics.

Yes, people were riled up. Four weeks ago. Where was the comment then? They knew their comment would not get as much air time/publicity/no one would take notice four weeks ago hence releasing a statement now.

How do you know they've only lost "0.0001%" of their customer base? Do you have any evidence to back that up? And what do you have to gain by pandering to the moral police? Can you show me one person who has said "let's go to the cheesecake shop because they have what I want for the cheapest price. No, wait. Let's go to the wicked sisters because they don't sponsor Canterbury anymore."

This is nothing but saving face and trying to squeeze any publicity for their business.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This has cost over $1million

Its an absolute disaster..

I support the players, but whoever organised the event in our club, without adequately ensuring privacy should be facing some heat..

to put in context Des payout was around $400K .. this situation has cost 3 times as much and caused heartache amongst the players..

Lets see how our new management do in attracting sponsor dollars

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
"Wicked Sister Desserts is a family-owned business and we share the same family values as our customers. What has occurred is completely unacceptable."

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

One, so every single one of your customer is family orientated, are they?

Two, every single one of your customer is an altarboy, are they? Squeaky clean records.

Three, it's cute that whoever this company is waited until after the dust has settled to open its tiny mouth to speak.

Four, if you're not good enough because of your extremely high morals and ethics for my club then I guess satanic, terrorist trouble makers like me aren't good enough to shop at your store(s). Wherever they are.
Very well said - family values include compassion and loyalty - but not for Wicked Sister - perfection or you get disowned. Now that’s wicked for ya!! LMAO

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Check out their reviews.... their products have alcohol in them and are poorly labelled... people slamming them over it and the company doesn't give a fuck, just gives some 2 bit bullshit reply.

That's not the sort of company we want sponsoring our club anyway.

Sponsorship deals only run 2 years at a time normally, and they came on board 2016, so chances are this is nothing more than an excuse.

Their logo is still up on the site... lets see how long it takes to disappear.

Please fill their Facebook page with crap reviews. I just contributed. What a weak kneed bunch of piss ants !
Their Facebook page literally has 10 posts for an entire year.

You'd think one of their 35 staff could work a Facebook page, it's hardly fucking rocket science.

If the same effort is put into marketing their product, I'm not suprised they are trying to save $350k a year. Probably nose diving at an alarming rate (even moreso since Coles and Woolies introduced their own name brand desserts at half the cost!!!

Yet to take to it to jump on the soapbox/grandstand with this information. Why not silently pull sponsorship and shut the fuck up? If anything it makes the brand look bad and petty and loses them business.

Or maybe that fat fuck from Jaycar told them he's going to stop buying pallets of their desserts if they don't pull out.

Let's be honest.. unless you like looking at blokes groins and arses, chances are you'll never conciously notice s shorts sponsor.

I mean... can anyone name me either another sponsor on our shorts (now on in past years), or infact any other teams shorts sponsor?

I certainly can't think of one, in other words it's a dud sponsorship opportunity. Jersey or nothing because TV cameras don't focus on shorts.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it wrong of me to want to buy some & then find a cockroach in one of them.

umm ACA may interview me. I will be traumatised over my ordeal.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I tried a wicked sister dairy product a couple of days ago and it sucked !!!! True story.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh, a pretty average dessert anyway. I bought some because they supported the club but that stops now. These companies don’t realise that people like me will stop supporting them once they walk away from my club. Bing Lee were about to sponsor the Dogs on 2004 and walked away from the table after Coffs Harbour. I’ve spent tens of thousands of $$ on appliances since then but I have not stepped foot in a Bing Lee store since. Their loss.
That's why Lionel is still working for his parents.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I support the players, but whoever organised the event in our club, without adequately ensuring privacy should be facing some heat..

to put in context Des payout was around $400K .. this situation has cost 3 times as much and caused heartache amongst the players..

Don't stress. Whatever initially attracted that dessert place to sponsor us is the same reason someone else will sponsor us in the future.

If we can still attract sponsors after 2002 and 2004, we will be fine. All good.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

If they've got a strawberry based dessert it'd be a hell of a coincidence if a needle was found in one :D ;)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Wicked Sister Desserts is a family-owned business and we share the same family values as our customers. What has occurred is completely unacceptable."

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

One, so every single one of your customer is family orientated, are they?

Two, every single one of your customer is an altarboy, are they? Squeaky clean records.

Three, it's cute that whoever this company is waited until after the dust has settled to open its tiny mouth to speak.

Four, if you're not good enough because of your extremely high morals and ethics for my club then I guess satanic, terrorist trouble makers like me aren't good enough to shop at your store(s). Wherever they are.
They're a bunch of hypocrites. Pushing a product that's morally wrong ..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Don't wear a bulldogs jersey when you're buying it though

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This company was so fucking outraged over what happened on Mad Monday, it took them a month to terminate the sponsorship.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score

It's only cost us $1 million IF we can't replace them. We're a popular club, I have no doubt that we'll have new sponsors lined up who will probably pay more than the 2 which have left.

Last edited:

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol

May have to steal a Souths, Greg Inglis jersey. (not wasting my money on buying one)
Don't drive if you do Kaz, it will stink of booze.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone read the article... Polly is a fucking soft ****. "We don't like the way the club handled the issue, they don't share our same values"... Fuck you and your shit desserts and your shitty logo.

Also what about Souths and all there issues lately...

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone go stick your dick in a wicked sister and post it on their Facebook page