News Another sponsor gone

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meh, a pretty average dessert anyway. I bought some because they supported the club but that stops now. These companies don’t realise that people like me will stop supporting them once they walk away from my club. Bing Lee were about to sponsor the Dogs on 2004 and walked away from the table after Coffs Harbour. I’ve spent tens of thousands of $$ on appliances since then but I have not stepped foot in a Bing Lee store since. Their loss.
Wish I knew this lol I was young back then and was oblivious and had no money. Since then if grabbed my tv, fridge and washing machine from them...

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a joke, they waited weeks to do it just to get some media publicity.

Never had any idea what they sold until today and will never be trying anything from them.

Considering Jaycar were paying $500k for the jersey lol at Wicked Sister for paying $350k for shorts.
We the real winners. Did them a beauty.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what happens when you aren't dominanting the competition all your sponsors are looking for a way out.
That’s what happens when your sponsors businesses hit a rough patch and they need to take advantage of their get out of jail card. #pretenders

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't stress. Whatever initially attracted that dessert place to sponsor us is the same reason someone else will sponsor us in the future.

If we can still attract sponsors after 2002 and 2004, we will be fine. All good.
I reckon Ralene Castle reached out to them for some free desserts haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Probably thought up the name after he got caught by his parents with his sister.

This shit is on their NEWS page...

Bulldogs get their just desserts!
March 2017

The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have signed a super sweet partnership with Wicked Sister Desserts – producers of premium, chilled dairy desserts. The brand will appear on the front and back of NRL playing shorts for the next three years.

As part of the partnership, Bulldogs fans, members and match ticket holders will be able to enjoy generous discounts and promotional activities throughout the season across Australian and New Zealand retail outlets. As the first match sponsor, a very special promotion will be provided to match ticket holders – stay tuned for further news.

Wicked Sister is stocked in Australia and New Zealand’s leading supermarkets and Managing Director Paul Polly says the Bulldogs’ strong family fan base was key to their partnership with the Club.

The strategy is simple; it’s about widening Wicked Sister’s reach, building brand awareness with a passionate target audience and drawing them towards the brand. We are as passionate about desserts as Bulldog fans are about football. Building brand awareness and reaching new customers is at the heart of our marketing efforts.” Polly Said

“We’re doing some great work with the Bulldogs already and we are really proud of the partnership. They are a great team and are very well respected across the code and have broad brand awareness outside the league as well. In reaching and supporting the Doggies, we believe we will also reach lots of other NRL Teams, their supporters and a wider audience in general - it’s a win-win.”

“I’m very, very confident that if people try our desserts they will come back for more. Free trial is a big part of our marketing strategy”.

“Wicked Sister is a premium brand, but we don’t want to just pitch our desserts to high income earners. The average Aussie family can’t afford to eat out every week but they still want to enjoy a nice meal at home and have that restaurant-quality dessert to share with their family - something exciting. Our desserts deliver the quality, the taste and the innovation you would find at great restaurant - that’s where Wicked Sister delivers.”

Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle expects Wicked Sister will soon become a favourite for Bulldogs families. “Wicked Sister are on a mission to become the leading producer and innovator of desserts in the Australian market and the Bulldogs are very much looking forward to helping them achieve this goal,” Castle said.

Their desserts have quickly become a favourite for our staff who keep digging through our fridges looking for more samples and I’m sure Bulldogs supporters will soon develop a taste for their desserts after trying them at our games or favourite local supermarket.

“Wicked Sister was born in Bankstown and we’re proud that the Bulldogs brand can help promote another success story from south west Sydney – with Wicked Sister now joining Opal Solar and M&J Chicken on our apparel.”

The deal with Wicked Sister completes the Bulldogs apparel sponsorship and makes it the most lucrative playing kit in the history of the Club.

So there it is... they tried to use our proud and strong fanbase to flog their overpriced and shitty product too. When that failed and they failed to get noticed by other NRL teams or their supporters, they've packed up their bat and ball and fucked off.

Another one of these CEOS that talks the talk, but in probably 5 years time is dealing with administrators and creditors to wind down the business. Just listen here as he details how he got into Woolies (suprise suprise, by knowing someone that had contacts in Woolies).

Heck Max Brenners went dicks up today.... I reckon Wicked Sister have 5 years if that.

Sounds like that fat **** Castle gorged herself on their desserts which boosted their proft margin. When lardarse moved on their profits slumped I bet.

Not to mention with the cost of living people are cutting back on overpriced shitty tasting desserts.

The club should make some phone calls and get that bloke that was looking to get on the board who works for Subway a call. Get Subway to sponsor the shorts (replacing FuckYourSister), and look around Padstow industrial area, surely we can scoop some big companies around there.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
$350k for Wicked, $500k for Jaycar.. For the year... seems like absolute fucking peanuts honestly. Why even bother cluttering the fuck out of jersey for $1.25million a year? We should take a page out of NFL and introduce a logo free jersey at this rate would be fresh as fuck.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried a wicked sister dairy product a couple of days ago and it sucked !!!! True story.
I think you have an obligation to tell everyone about your experience on their review page

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Glad to see piss weak sponsors going, but like others have said i reckon its more taking the opportunity for them to save money than anything. I mean souths havent lost any sponsors despite having a married player sending dick picks to randoms and having a drink driving captain. Our weak sponsors supposedly leave due to a nothing incident that was only even heard of because of telescopic lenses. I hope the door hits them

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe with alcohol in their products they want to sponsor inglis

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez can there be anymore of a complete over reaction to this episode....when you compare it to drug taking, dui, assault, exposing yourself.

I so hope every single player, Admin, fan, person who loves Canterbury, pulls together and it hardens our resolve to triumph over this bs kicking while we're down...
Thought a lot about it myself, glad to see the current Admin is heading in that direction.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They can get fucked. Not like we wont play next year because a sponsor worth about 3% of our cap pulls out.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously let’s get this straight ...so this company called itself “Wicked sister” which deliberately condures up images clearly to sexualise and promote their product BUT a little bit of male nudity has offended them...what a load of bullshit!

This guy is the biggest hypocrite on the planet!!!...I’ve never eaten the crap anyway but this product is now dead to me

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thought a lot about it myself, glad to see the current Admin is heading in that direction.
The ONLY way to do it is to be WINNING. That's all that counts with the media as far as wanting to cosy up with us...but even then they will continue their seek and destroy mission.

But we have to be smarter in everything we do and not give them any chance of plastering us on the front page....cos it won't take much as we've seen and with no support from our governing body the NRL well we're on our own to improve our fair go.

The dessert guy waited till ISP won everything and then bailed...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
This company was so fucking outraged over what happened on Mad Monday, it took them a month to terminate the sponsorship.
They probably only just worked out who the Bulldogs are and then realised they somehow were sponsoring them.