News Another sponsor gone

gibbobulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wicked sister has terminated its sponsor with the bulldogs.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never a fan of it anyway

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully we get a bigger and better sponsor to replace with.

Reactions: DT

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The sponsorship department are going to have a busy off season!

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meh, a pretty average dessert anyway. I bought some because they supported the club but that stops now. These companies don’t realise that people like me will stop supporting them once they walk away from my club. Bing Lee were about to sponsor the Dogs on 2004 and walked away from the table after Coffs Harbour. I’ve spent tens of thousands of $$ on appliances since then but I have not stepped foot in a Bing Lee store since. Their loss.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
THE fallout from Canterbury’s disastrous Mad Monday celebrations has continued with a second sponsor dropping the NRL club.

Shorts sponsor Wicked Sister Desserts on Wednesday said it had terminated its agreement reportedly worth $350,000 over the incident and the Bulldogs’ handling of it.

In a significant financial blow, it comes four weeks after major sponsor Jaycar ended its 10-year association with the club and pulled its back-of-shirt sponsorship worth $500,000.

“Today we informed the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs that Wicked Sister Desserts will be terminating its sponsorship of the club effective immediately,” the company said in a statement.

“Wicked Sister Desserts is a family-owned business and we share the same family values as our customers. What has occurred is completely unacceptable.

“We do not in any way condone the behaviour and nor do we support the response by the leadership of the club in the way they have handled this matter.

“We accept that there will be some who criticise our company for taking this decision but our company and brand stand for certain values and behaviours, and we expect the same levels of decency and respect from those we align ourselves with.”

The Bulldogs were slugged with a $250,000 fine by the NRL, however that amount was halved after the club issued their response to the governing body’s breach notice.

Adam Elliott and Asipeli Fine were fined $25,000 by the club ($10,000 suspended) and charged with wilful exposure after being photographed naked at the Harbour View Hotel in Sydney’s The Rocks during post-season celebrations.

The pair will appear in court on October 24.

Marcelo Montoya and Zac Woolford were also fined $10,000 ($5,000 suspended).

The NRL came down hard on the club because several senior officials including coach Dean Pay and football manager Gareth Holmes were present at the function.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/0f1f253820da6fb69bf37aaf9c03bf6e

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
THE fallout from Canterbury’s disastrous Mad Monday celebrations has continued with a second sponsor dropping the NRL club.

Shorts sponsor Wicked Sister Desserts on Wednesday said it had terminated its agreement reportedly worth $350,000 over the incident and the Bulldogs’ handling of it.

In a significant financial blow, it comes four weeks after major sponsor Jaycar ended its 10-year association with the club and pulled its back-of-shirt sponsorship worth $500,000.

“Today we informed the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs that Wicked Sister Desserts will be terminating its sponsorship of the club effective immediately,” the company said in a statement.

“Wicked Sister Desserts is a family-owned business and we share the same family values as our customers. What has occurred is completely unacceptable.

“We do not in any way condone the behaviour and nor do we support the response by the leadership of the club in the way they have handled this matter.

“We accept that there will be some who criticise our company for taking this decision but our company and brand stand for certain values and behaviours, and we expect the same levels of decency and respect from those we align ourselves with.”

The Bulldogs were slugged with a $250,000 fine by the NRL, however that amount was halved after the club issued their response to the governing body’s breach notice.

Adam Elliott and Asipeli Fine were fined $25,000 by the club ($10,000 suspended) and charged with wilful exposure after being photographed naked at the Harbour View Hotel in Sydney’s The Rocks during post-season celebrations.

The pair will appear in court on October 24.

Marcelo Montoya and Zac Woolford were also fined $10,000 ($5,000 suspended).

The NRL came down hard on the club because several senior officials including coach Dean Pay and football manager Gareth Holmes were present at the function.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/0f1f253820da6fb69bf37aaf9c03bf6e
Does a company really cancel sponsorship until they come out with a long winded do-gooder statement trying to score brownie points....

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And why is this news now?
Can they flog this dead horse anymore??
My bet is yes.

While it isn't ideal to lose sponsors, I think that we have enough of a fanbase to attract other sponsors. It just comes down to getting some results next yearto keep our brand appealing.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Wicked Sister Desserts is a family-owned business and we share the same family values as our customers. What has occurred is completely unacceptable."

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

One, so every single one of your customer is family orientated, are they?

Two, every single one of your customer is an altarboy, are they? Squeaky clean records.

Three, it's cute that whoever this company is waited until after the dust has settled to open its tiny mouth to speak.

Four, if you're not good enough because of your extremely high morals and ethics for my club then I guess satanic, terrorist trouble makers like me aren't good enough to shop at your store(s). Wherever they are.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just another company keeping a good face in the public eye. Fact of the matter is they couldn't afford us and used this incident as a great excuse to pull out.

Same goes for Jaycar.

See ya both later!