Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If this was a gay event the gay community would be outraged and out on the streets seeking justice

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Greenberg was interviewed on Triple M tonight and confirmed that there has been no complaints to the police from the public so the only person who saw this besides the players and staff was the paparazzi!
Greenturd " we want to grow the game, we want people to watch the game "

This guy is off his head!! Delusional at best!

STOP RORTING CLUBS AND FANS WITH YOUR CORRUPTED AGENDAS AND PEOPLE MAY START ENJOYING THE GAME AGAIN!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Next year every NRL side on Mad Monday should nude up for a bit of sweet Caroline! Make it a yearly event
GENIUS!!!

I can see it now... Neil Diamond Round .... where all players wear nothing but body painted on jerseys!

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s ‘incidents’ like this that bring the playing group and supporters closer together. Thanks to all involved in the media.

Would love to hear the dogs’ faithful singing Sweet Caroline after a win

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s ‘incidents’ like this that bring the playing group and supporters closer together. Thanks to all involved in the media.

Would love to hear the dogs’ faithful singing Sweet Caroline after a win
Definitely galvanises a squad.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone else found themselves singing "Sweet Caroline" to themselves lately even just in their head lol..... I seem to catch myself doing it all the bloody time now

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the problem here is that Adam Elliott didn't go hard enough.

Applying NRL Logic:
Adam Elliott naked and drunk = $250k fine for club, $40k for player.
Adam Elliott naked and drunk, snorting coke of a strippers arse before going on an alcohol fuelled rampage, glassing the stripper, setting fire to her car and kicking her dog = contract extension, supported by the NRL, made the face of the game, and every excuse under the sun made for him being a "new man" minutes after the incident hits the papers.

Media reaction is like calling for the death penalty for stealing a packet of lifesavers, yet allowing a serial child rapist/murderer to get Section 10d and no conviction recorded "because they could turn into a nice guy".

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We know who they will hire if there is a The Fully Monty 2 movie.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd and mates in the NRL are so out of touch with reality
Talking to friends all week couldn’t care less about this subject
The game in general is losing fans in droves
To put it into perspective,
AFL charging finals rates for games and packing out all their stadiums
NRL offering $20 tickets for tonight’s game,I can guarantee it won’t even go close to being full
Last years finals crowds were the lowest in 10 years
Why doesn’t Todd worry about real issues
Amateur organisation

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very soft interview by a radio station which has call rights to nrl.Not one question on photos being taken by stealth and nothing said about Daily Telegraph promoting bad publicity etc etc.
All NRL media ask soft questions no matter what the scenario. Listen to women NFL media and press conferences and they are brutal.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can someone please ban this **** ?
I'm for banning these trolls at this time as well. It is only further stirring up trouble and angst for Dogs fans and no good can come of it.

Ban until 2 weeks after the court case and I'd do the whole Goebbels thing as well and not accept new members till then either...will only be sleazy journos looking for goss to reprint against us anyway.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember the Konrad Hurrell sex tape in 2014. All he got was a $5k fine from his club and NOTHING from the NRL. Seems "putting yourself out there" has become a greater crime since AND it was full frontal on line......

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/6c43c297536b27d961ffee307ffffd04

New Zealand Warriors star Konrad Hurrell fined $5,000 over social media sex tape controversy
Dean Ritchie, DailyTelegraph
May 8, 2014 12:34am
KONRAD Hurrell made a “bad decision”. And it cost him $5000.

The NRL on Wednesday endorsed the fine after Hurrell and New Zealand television personality Teuila Blakely were involved in a sex tape scandal.

Hurrell was driving while filming himself. The video found its way straight onto social media.

The Warriors centre apologised on Wednesday after the Warriors concluded an investigation.

SEX TAPE & SLURS: WHAT A WEEK FOR THE NRL

In a club statement, Hurrell said: “I am so sorry this has happened and want to apologise for the trouble I have caused.

“I’ve embarrassed the club, my teammates, the members and most of all my family. I made a bad decision but I will learn from this.”

The NRL integrity unit closely monitored the drama.

The NRL said Hurrell’s punishment was an internal matter for the Warriors.

“Konrad is full of remorse over what has happened,” said Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah.

“While the incident involved two consenting adults, his action in sharing the content with others was unacceptable and inappropriate.

“Every year since he has been with us, Konrad has attended social media seminars and workshops conducted by the NRL.

“He knows the expectations but in this case he made a poor choice.”

News_Rich_Media: Warriors centre Konrad Hurrell has been named to take on the Bulldogs this weekend, despite calls for him to be dropped.

Scurrah said the incident has damaged the NRL and Warriors’ brand.

“The NRL’s integrity unit has been fully briefed on our findings and the penalty we are imposing,” he said.

The $5000 fine will be donated to charity. Hurrell will also undergo counselling on the perils of social media.

The Warriors play Canberra at Eden Park on Saturday. Hurrell has been chosen to start at centre.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Guys....Hats off to MG and Girdler. Listening to them on TripleM and telling it how it is.

As Girds said “I hope these photographers who spent 8 hours taking snaps of these guys around corners sleep well at night”
Snakes in the grass only sleep in the winter so it is well past that particular bed time.

Status
Not open for further replies.