Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm on the Tigers forum more than I am here. Just come by every now and again to make sure you blokes aren't suicidal.

P.S. Some of the shit on this thread is actually starting to get fkn weird. You guys need to calm down fr.
Calm down your tits Tigpie... no one here cares about you. Get lost.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the Tele decided to strategically place photographers with telephoto lenses at a high vantage point to snap drunken footballers attending a private function is a question for them.

Another might be this: was it really necessary to run a front-page photo of winger Marcelo Montoya, bent over and looking at the final result of his technicolour yawn on the pavement? How do we unsee that

The Bulldogs have used the Harbour View for Mad Monday shenanigans for the past few years. Questions are now being asked about who might have tipped them off. This incident has certainly cast the club in a poor light after a new board was installed in February.

According to those in attendance, the private function was roped off and players couldn’t be seen by other patrons. The photographers got their money shot when the players and coaching staff ventured out onto the balcony to enjoy the intoxicating mix of Tooheys New and the sound of Sweet Caroline.

The Bulldogs and the not-so-easily-outraged person on the street might argue this story is a beat-up. And they are probably right.

At this stage, nobody at the bar or on the street has complained about the Bulldogs’ behaviour. No fluffy white poodle-cross puppy dogs have been harassed. No urine tricks captured on camera phones have surfaced.

Part from andrew webster's article in smh

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Why the Tele decided to strategically place photographers with telephoto lenses at a high vantage point to snap drunken footballers attending a private function is a question for them.

Another might be this: was it really necessary to run a front-page photo of winger Marcelo Montoya, bent over and looking at the final result of his technicolour yawn on the pavement? How do we unsee that

The Bulldogs have used the Harbour View for Mad Monday shenanigans for the past few years. Questions are now being asked about who might have tipped them off. This incident has certainly cast the club in a poor light after a new board was installed in February.

According to those in attendance, the private function was roped off and players couldn’t be seen by other patrons. The photographers got their money shot when the players and coaching staff ventured out onto the balcony to enjoy the intoxicating mix of Tooheys New and the sound of Sweet Caroline.

The Bulldogs and the not-so-easily-outraged person on the street might argue this story is a beat-up. And they are probably right.

At this stage, nobody at the bar or on the street has complained about the Bulldogs’ behaviour. No fluffy white poodle-cross puppy dogs have been harassed. No urine tricks captured on camera phones have surfaced.

Wow great article. This shows that we have nothing to answer for. If no other patrons could see then what is the big deal..

What's next photographers trying to catch players in the shower

Nrgizer

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's a nothing story because it was all done in the confines of a private pub that the club hired out.
Wrong it was done within public view, despite it being a private function. Its a nothing incident but the media are making this into a massive deal and now the police and nrl need to act upon it. Not a good look for the club that has had an abysmal season as it is.

Extremely poor leadership and management by our group, this just goes to show how dumb they really are. Dont get me wrong, it doesnt offend me, ive seen worse and ive done just as bad, but i dont have the media cockroaches stalking me, especially on a day like mad monday.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Lol love it. Only snowflake, hypocrite motherfuckers are pushing this non event.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wrong it was done within public view, despite it being a private function. Its a nothing incident but the media are making this into a massive deal and now the police and nrl need to act upon it. Not a good look for the club that has had an abysmal season as it is.

Extremely poor leadership and management by our group, this just goes to show how dumb they really are. Dont get me wrong, it doesnt offend me, ive seen worse and ive done just as bad, but i dont have the media cockroaches stalking me, especially on a day like mad monday.
Public view? Fkn lol no worries you sheep, just lap up the bullshit the media tells you.

Not one member of the public saw him, the telucrap made it public. Big fucking difference.

Nrgizer

Waterboy
Reaction score
Public view? Fkn lol no worries you sheep, just lap up the bullshit the media tells you.

Not one member of the public saw him, the telucrap made it public. Big fucking difference.
Your an ignorant sheep.
Its a nothing offence, a ticket ,but the media are beating it up.

SUMMARY OFFENCES ACT 1988 - SECT 4
Offensive conduct
4 Offensive conduct
Offensive conduct
(1) A person must not conduct himself or herself in an offensive manner in or near, or within view or hearing from, a

public place or a school.Maximum penalty: 6 penalty units or imprisonment for 3 months.(2) A person does not conduct himself or herself in an offensive manner as referred to in subsection (1) merely by using offensive language.(3) It is a sufficient defence to a prosecution for an offence under this section if the defendant satisfies the court that the defendant had a reasonable excuse for conducting himself or herself in the manner alleged in the information for the offence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your an ignorant sheep.

Offensive conduct
4 Offensive conduct
Offensive conduct
(1) A person must not conduct himself or herself in an offensive manner in or near, or within view or hearing from, a

public place or a school.Maximum penalty: 6 penalty units or imprisonment for 3 months.(2) A person does not conduct himself or herself in an offensive manner as referred to in subsection (1) merely by using offensive language.(3) It is a sufficient defence to a prosecution for an offence under this section if the defendant satisfies the court that the defendant had a reasonable excuse for conducting himself or herself in the manner alleged in the information for the offence.
Fkn lol I'm the media sheep? Great comeback from a 3 year old.

Normal people wouldn't get offended at things they couldn't see.

Maybe printing pervert spy pics on the front page of a paper is offensive?

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Fucking Murdoch trash like writing about
Beards
Boats
Bulldogs

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score

Why are people struggling to understand that it wasn't done in public view? There were no public complaints, absolutely nothing from the public regarding their behaviour. The journos had to get up 3 stories and zoom in 100x to get their snaps.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
This story only exists because the media wanted it to. The public had no idea that a couple of footy players got naked for a laugh amongst their mates. The media used the illusion that this was a display by role models in public to get their ratings. The Daily Telegraph is just a trash tabloid posing as news. The joke is on them.

Malla

Reaction score

THIS.

WTF are people talking about that it was in public? The pub was cordoned off, the back of the pub where the balcony is was sectioned off for metres ensuring that it was out of the publics eye. Not one complaint was made from residents, staff, or members of the public.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Your an ignorant sheep.

Offensive conduct
4 Offensive conduct
Offensive conduct

You should quit while you are behind

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Australia...total Nanny state. I’m not condoning what happened but ffs big fucking deal!... I couldn’t give a rats ass if the story involved any sporting side. I don’t pretend to be holier than thou

It’s journos job at the end of the day to sell newspapers, they don’t give a fuck about anything but getting the pics..the story, they’re all total parasites in my opinion.
OK fine, no worries, i'll copp that.
But what I won't copp is Paul Kent comming out and saying the players have cost the NRL millions by doing things like that when the media is publicising it and showing it to thousands around Australia.
If they really care about the game then don't post negative stories about the game. Simple. Who's costing the game more, the players or the media.

If he told the truth and came out and said this is our job and we care about our careers more than Rugby League. Then i'll shut up.

Last edited:

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK fine, no worries, i'll copp that.
But what I won't copp is Paul Kent comming out and saying the players have cost the NRL millions by doing things like that when the media is publicing it and showing it to thousands around Australia.
If they really care about the game then don't post negative stories about the game. Simple. Who's costing the game more, the players or the media.

If he told the truth and came out and said this is our job and we care about our careers more than Rugby League. Then i'll shut up.
As I said...they are parasites...they don’t give a fuck about the game, they only give a fuck about selling papers. They create the negativity then argue that it’s ruining the game. Journo’s are the lowest form of scum

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The continued amateur leadership demonstrated by Greenberg and Beattie (no surprise) is the biggest reason why the game is struggling.

As long as these two are attempting to run the game, the NRL will continue the downward slide it’s on.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why are people struggling to understand that it wasn't done in public view? There were no public complaints, absolutely nothing from the public regarding their behaviour. The journos had to get up 3 stories and zoom in 100x to get their snaps.
If it were public, we would have 100's of amateur photos on social media already.

Again, the scum ***** at the telucrap made it public.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t believe how much noise is around this topic... the funny thing is, generally, most people don’t give a fuck. The only people whinging are the media and the retard corporates at NRL. Beattie mate have a look in the mirror you golem looking ****. Are these pathetic flops going to grow the game in any way? What has Greenberg added to grow the game? This is the guy that swept the Barba debacle under the carpet. These fuckin clowns are the worst group of execs I’ve come across

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club won't & shouldn't take serious action.

They haven't jeopardised their careers.

They train/play most of the year, so they should be able to let their hair down or in the Dogs case take their gear off.

The jackals post this shit as click bait, they wouldn't like it if the players stalk them every day.

The players/club would have known that the media would be there somewhere & all they did was say fuck them, we will enjoy our Mad Monday.

The club should retaliate by banning interviews from the Daily Telegraph etc.
I don't disagree with you regarding the slimeball reptiles of the Murdoch comics. But, it is exactly because these slimeballs are slithering around looking for something be offended about that the club needs to keep on its guard.
They will use this next time they want to trawl up a bad image for the Bulldogs. We shouldn't make it easy for them - and we have to be aware that the days of boys being boys are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.