Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oh how dare he contemplate better offers. Should take his giant head and Mbyeeeeee.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh how dare he contemplate better offers. Should take his giant head and Mbyeeeeee.
Maybe his just sleeping on it while his manager picks through it.. I could imagine the contracts at Belmore these days aren't exactly the most pleasant.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Your missing my point im not comparing him to jt im saying there where questions about if jt would cut it early on especially due to his size and that unless a player like lewis is dominating like cameron smith people like yourself think hes rubbish after 3 first grade games for crying out loud ,my point is also that winners more than talent have toughness/heart and desire and the rest develops and lewis is very tough and has grit so they are very good traits and he could be very good but time will tell
I wasnt singling anyone out in my comment. It was more of a general statement.

My opinions of Lewis have never been based on 3 Fg games. Based on the few years he has played for us in lower grades. Players either have it or they don't. Lewis isn't anything special and wont be. He isnt rubbish but he isnt a player we can build our club around, especially with the predicament we are in atm.
Even saying that, besides the usual words I hear, he has heart bla bla bla etc. There isnt anything he has done as whole that says wow this kid is going to be special.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maybe his just sleeping on it while his manager picks through it.. I could imagine the contracts at Belmore these days aren't exactly the most pleasant.
Or Maybe the dogs offered him a contract based on what they think he is worth and not what the kennel and Lewis himself thinks he is worth.
Point is if club really wanted him they would have re-signed him ages ago.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I also watched JT from when he was in his juniors too. I used to go early and watch him in reserve grade. He was way too good for them. But in saying that JT seemed way too small for FG.. didnt think he would be a future immortal but the kid had skills and you could see he was going to go far in FG. Lewis isnt in the same category in my opinion.
Doesn't have running game, can't control a team around the field. Doesn't have the speed either. But I am enjoying him watching him play and improve. You do want youngsters to succeed and I would be happy for him to prove me wrong. Just can't see it in him
Yeah but aren't you the bloke who constantly comes on here to defend Lichaa?
Doesn't that bring your judgement into question when Michael Lichaa is unquestionably the worst 9 in the clubs history!!
Yes Lewis has played only 3 games but he deserves a new contract he shows a lot of promise, good defender has a long kicking game that we sorely need. I think he will/should play in the halves next season with Foran.

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs look to lock down young gun Lachlan Lewis long-term with new deal
BULLDOGS

Lachlan Lewis of the Bulldogs has been tabled a new contract.Source: AAP
CANTERBURY is moving to lock down its long-term halves options with negotiations underway to extend young gun Lachlan Lewis.

The 21-year-old nephew of ‘The King’ Wally Lewis was promoted from the club’s development list and made his NRL debut in round 16, and has played all three games since.

Off contract at the end of the season, the talented playmaker is free to negotiate with other clubs but the Bulldogs want to keep him in the kennel.

Foxsports.com.au
understands the club has tabled a new deal to Lewis, but it is yet to be accepted.

The new contract is believed to be two years with a player option for a third.

The club did not return phone calls in relation to the matter.

Lewis and his management appear in no hurry to put pen to paper, although they would prefer to remain in blue and white.

Bulldogs have tabled a new deal to player Lachlan Lewis. Picture: Richard DobsonSource: News Corp Australia

“A few clubs have reached out but nothing concrete as yet,” Lewis’ manager Luke Lombardi told foxsports.com.au.

“For Lachlan our main goal is to remain at the Bulldogs long term.”

It’s understood Lewis has been told by Canterbury he is in their plans long-term, and he has been all but guaranteed a spot in the team in 2019 if he stays.

If he re-signs the club will have Lewis, Kieran Foran (signed until 2020), Jeremy Marshall-King (until 2020), and Jack Cogger (until 2020) on their books next season all competing for starting halves sports.

Matt Frawley is currently off contract and has been in and out of the side this year.

Foran’s fitness is the big question mark, and there were rumours recently the club was trying to push through a medial retirement for the premiership-winning halfback.

But the other three are all young and rated highly by the Bulldogs, and could potentially all fit somewhere in the team down the track.

And with Nick Meaney also moving across from Newcastle in 2019, Canterbury could field the youngest spine in the competition.

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Inside joke haha

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that easy mate
i guess but i was told he was very keen to sign before his debut someone close to him told me he was so exited about getting into fg thats why i posted it on here so many times see what happens hopefully it works out

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but aren't you the bloke who constantly comes on here to defend Lichaa?
Doesn't that bring your judgement into question when Michael Lichaa is unquestionably the worst 9 in the clubs history!!
Yes Lewis has played only 3 games but he deserves a new contract he shows a lot of promise, good defender has a long kicking game that we sorely need. I think he will/should play in the halves next season with Foran.
I defend lichaa when he does nothing wrong in a game and the whole kennel blame him for our losses..
There are shitloads better hookers than lichaa and I would love to have cook or Parcell etc but we are stuck with lichaa atm. Ppl blaming him for losses to Souths and Canberra are so laughable hence why I defend him in those instances. I would rather Brown get more mins. Pays fault for poor bench rotation.

Next year if Foran is fit, it will be Cogger and Foran in the halves. Not Lewis or JMK etc. Lewis is only a back up half. And that's how the dogs see him too hence no rush to sign him and Lewis not readily accepting a pretty much low offer.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me thinks pay will go for cogger and Foran, with Lewis in the centres. Once Foran breaks, the swap comes in.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the one who stifles the attack is JMK. Cogger and Lewis looks a good fit.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wasnt singling anyone out in my comment. It was more of a general statement.

My opinions of Lewis have never been based on 3 Fg games. Based on the few years he has played for us in lower grades. Players either have it or they don't. Lewis isn't anything special and wont be. He isnt rubbish but he isnt a player we can build our club around, especially with the predicament we are in atm.
Even saying that, besides the usual words I hear, he has heart bla bla bla etc. There isnt anything he has done as whole that says wow this kid is going to be special.
Would you say that Blake green is a solid half that brings structure and control to the team and that as far as top halfs go he's not in the top echelons?

From what I've seen doesnt lewis fit this mould?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Lewis wants to leave see u later....the dogs will not pay overs anymore

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would you say that Blake green is a solid half that brings structure and control to the team and that as far as top halfs go he's not in the top echelons?

From what I've seen doesnt lewis fit this mould?
When Lewis becomes like Green in about 6-8yrs time if he is still around, then I would take him.

It took Green that long to get to the point where he is now. And dont forget Blake Green was our 5/8 years ago as well.

Lewis can't do 1/4 of the things Green can do atm

Ps Blake green has had Cronk DCE and Johnson out side him. You take those guys out and Green isn't the 5/8 u want. We dont have anything close to a top halfback..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When Lewis becomes like Green in about 6-8yrs time if he is still around, then I would take him.

It took Green that long to get to the point where he is now. And dont forget Blake Green was our 5/8 years ago as well.

Lewis can't do 1/4 of the things Green can do atm
That's not the point I'm making though. I see him in the mould of Blake Green or a Trent Hodkinson, and frankly you need those type of halves to come with your more fancy half. So wouldn't it be reasonable to say that he does have potential to be a half of that type? Hence he would be worth keeping and persisting with?

He's still 21 so in 5 years time, any player would be a different player to what they were at 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.