Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Massive diff between JT and Lewis at same stage of their careers, Lewis nowhere even close to 10% of what JT was at same age
I watched jt from his juniors and in his first few games he was not rated any higher ,its easier to sit here now and say he was rated highly but early on he wasnt ,the jury was out as he was so small ,time will tell ,everyone is an expert on here once a player is killing it but to spot talent before that is another thing.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I watched jt from his juniors and in his first few games he was not rated any higher ,its easier to sit here now and say he was rated highly but early on he wasnt ,the jury was out as he was so small ,time will tell ,everyone is an expert on here once a player is killing it but to spot talent before that is another thing.
I also watched JT from when he was in his juniors too. I used to go early and watch him in reserve grade. He was way too good for them. But in saying that JT seemed way too small for FG.. didnt think he would be a future immortal but the kid had skills and you could see he was going to go far in FG. Lewis isnt in the same category in my opinion.
Doesn't have running game, can't control a team around the field. Doesn't have the speed either. But I am enjoying him watching him play and improve. You do want youngsters to succeed and I would be happy for him to prove me wrong. Just can't see it in him

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not everyone can be a JT
For sure, that's why I get annoyed when others mention his name when it comes to Lewis..

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Massive call!!! I guess it’s crystal ball time again on the old Kennel.
Gosh I miss the old BDP, it’s a shame they shut it down
It might be, I'm happy for the kid. I was excited when Lewis signed for us those years ago which made me keep an eye on him more when he joined us. Watched him in under 20s and ISP and unfortunately didnt live up to expectations. Its good he is getting his chance. I personally didnt think he will, but then again who would of thought that the club would implode the way it did to the point we have lewis/jmk halves....

In Lewis defense having a pretend halfback in JMK who stands at centre in attack doesn't help his cause and growth..

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be, I'm happy for the kid. I was excited when Lewis signed for us those years ago which made me keep an eye on him more when he joined us. Watched him in under 20s and ISP and unfortunately didnt live up to expectations. Its good he is getting his chance. I personally didnt think he will, but then again who would of thought that the club would implode the way it did to the point we have lewis/jmk halves....

In Lewis defense having a pretend halfback in JMK who stands at centre in attack doesn't help his cause and growth..
Please tell me what is so special about Lewis? And you think JMK is inhibiting his development ? Please ! Tell me what did he do to show he has the qualities of a good half back against Souths? What make one run and some tackles? Did he organise the team around the paddock? Yes he is young and has just embarked on his nrl journey. But I wouldn't pay overs to re-sign him. There is nothing special about him that tells me he has the potential to be the future half-back we need to steer the team around. I would sign him on minimum wage for a year and see how he fairs next year before deciding to keep him long term.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Please tell me what is so special about Lewis? And you think JMK is inhibiting his development ? Please ! Tell me what did he do to show he has the qualities of a good half back against Souths? What make one run and some tackles? Did he organise the team around the paddock? Yes he is young and has just embarked on his nrl journey. But I wouldn't pay overs to re-sign him. There is nothing special about him that tells me he has the potential to be the future half-back we need to steer the team around. I would sign him on minimum wage for a year and see how he fairs next year before deciding to keep him long term.
Im on your side dude, i dont care if we dont re-sign lewis. He isnt anything special at all. and JMK is fucking rubbish

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FOX SPORTS:

Canterbury has offered a two-year contract to young gun half Lachlan Lewis but he is yet to accept the deal.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For sure, that's why I get annoyed when others mention his name when it comes to Lewis..
Your missing my point im not comparing him to jt im saying there where questions about if jt would cut it early on especially due to his size and that unless a player like lewis is dominating like cameron smith people like yourself think hes rubbish after 3 first grade games for crying out loud ,my point is also that winners more than talent have toughness/heart and desire and the rest develops and lewis is very tough and has grit so they are very good traits and he could be very good but time will tell

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing I love about this kid is that he never gives up till his job is done, like chasing blokes across field till he gets them rather than leaving it to somebody else.... he doesn't allow blokes like Ponga and Cook to do what they do if he can help it.. those efforts are what the Bulldogs have been missing in recent seasons

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You watch...money talks and players will walk. Don’t be surprised if you see in the coming weeks he’s signed with another club.

It shits me to tears how the club persists in not taking any initiative in getting players signature. It’s only taken them two weeks after his NRL debut to come out and offer a contract now he’s the one holding all the cards. How dumb can you fucking be? Where is the smarts in that? Let him play and put his skills on show for the whole competition to see so that other clubs can turn around go “yep I’ll take him”.

I’ve said it all along learn from the other clubs who know the loop holes to getting players signed without fucking the cap. Tell me how clubs like the rorters, sharks and storm do it constantly and not get pinged for salary cap breach yet still sign some quality players. Or better yet get them signed before other clubs have a chance to dangle carrots under their noses.

They’ve been doing it for years all the young up and comers have gone elsewhere because we have shit business people sitting behind a desk who can’t get a deal done.

Times have changed and the NRL is a business like any other, learn the loop holes and exploit the fuck out of it like everyone other club otherwise it’s going to take a long fucking time just using the cap and some sponsors to recruit or re-sign any decent players and be a competitive side again.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You watch...money talks and players will walk. Don’t be surprised if you see in the coming weeks he’s signed with another club.

It shits me to tears how the club persists in not taking any initiative in getting players signature. It’s only taken them two weeks after his NRL debut to come out and offer a contract now he’s the one holding all the cards. How dumb can you fucking be? Where is the smarts in that? Let him play and put his skills on show for the whole competition to see so that other clubs can turn around go “yep I’ll take him”.

I’ve said it all along learn from the other clubs who know the loop holes to getting players signed without fucking the cap. Tell me how clubs like the rorters, sharks and storm do it constantly and not get pinged for salary cap breach yet still sign some quality players. Or better yet get them signed before other clubs have a chance to dangle carrots under their noses.

They’ve been doing it for years all the young up and comers have gone elsewhere because we have shit business people sitting behind a desk who can’t get a deal done.

Times have changed and the NRL is a business like any other, learn the loop holes and exploit the fuck out of it like everyone other club otherwise it’s going to take a long fucking time just using the cap and some sponsors to recruit or re-sign any decent players and be a competitive side again.
But pay signed cogger fmd

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But pay signed cogger fmd
Silly move but I could be wrong. Again using the cap bullshit when he should be using his head.

Another Nathan Brown quote”if he thought with his big head instead of his little head I wouldn’t have to rebuild the club”. How true

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...9/news-story/aaea8b74e383df346e2e8596f239dde9
Canterbury has offered a two-year contract to young gun half Lachlan Lewis but he is yet to accept the deal.

Why do I get a bad feeling another clubs thrown a big deal under his nose. Raiders perhaps?
Since the old board f@cked up, the new board are hell bent on being tighter than a fishes ass hole. One thing is for sure if Lewis excepts the two years on offer that will prove to everyone that Lachy's a true club man that wants to be here.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Three year 750k would be pretty good for a no name yet to prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.