Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the club held off signing Lewis/Martin till 100% convinced they would feature in first grade in years to come.
I’m sure other nrl clubs would pursue doing that also. Especially with these two, though there a special two and I know it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I really like the look of Lewis but I cant help but think him having another season in reserves will be better for his developmemt.. IMO hes not ready for NRL yet neither is JMK nor Meaney & Cogger..

Whatever happened to letting kids learn their craft and develop in reserve grade
Foran getting injured happened

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank God we re signed him, he gets better by the game.. I'm calling it, this kid is going to be something special...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to thank the Tigers. Had they not signed Mbye, Lewis would still be in ISP.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps this kids going to be a star. People say he reminds them of Reynolds. Yes in some ways. He’s a competitor who competes on every play. But he has more footy ability in his pinky then Reynolds.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot smarter than Reynolds.. smart kicking game, defensive reads and ability to think on the run.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ps this kids going to be a star. People say he reminds them of Reynolds. Yes in some ways. He’s a competitor who competes on every play. But he has more footy ability in his pinky then Reynolds.
I love Josh Reynolds, but Lewis has much more ability, but most importantly he can tackle, oh and he chooses when to run and when to pass really well.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love my LEWIE !!!! :grinning: Between him and Reynolds there is no comparison. One is a champ in the making the other a chump only a brainfart away from another tripping charge.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A lot smarter than Reynolds.. smart kicking game, defensive reads and ability to think on the run.
And hes at the very start of his FG career. He could be anything in 5 years. Could be another JT, we better lock this one up! Early call sure, but keeping JT at the time would have also been an early call. At worst hes a breath of fresh air at half and we have looked better since he arrived in FG

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds was always a loose cannon, totally unreliable. For every big thing he did he'd do 4 derps.

Lewis is cool as a cucumber. Much less errors than you'd see from Reynolds even today.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And hes at the very start of his FG career. He could be anything in 5 years. Could be another JT, we better lock this one up! Early call sure, but keeping JT at the time would have also been an early call. At worst hes a breath of fresh air at half and we have looked better since he arrived in FG

Lewis is a winner.. his effort on efforts is just what we needed

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis will be a superstar.
Like he said in his interview with Sims sister, his defence is his strong point and Pay has been working with him on his attack and kicking. He is 21 and has a very good attitude and level head for his age. This kid needs to be signed long term. Like I said before in another thread, I hope he becomes a Bulldog great....we are due for one half that will be a great like Baa, Mortimer and Sherwin!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Another amazing thing about Lewis is he wasnt carving up the lower grades, and that was the reason he wasnt in the top 30 until recently. But he has gone up a level or 2. Hes playing better in FG. Its more common that some players carve up the lower grades, and then are average at FG level. Lewis has gone the other way.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another amazing thing about Lewis is he wasnt carving up the lower grades, and that was the reason he wasnt in the top 30 until recently. But he has gone up a level or 2. Hes playing better in FG. Its more common that some players carve up the lower grades, and then are average at FG level. Lewis has gone the other way.
Thank God looks like we have ourselves a potential superstar in the making. :grinning: I know it's still early to claim such things but we have been a different team since Lewis made his FG debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.