Newcastle shows interest in Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make errors, drop the ball, be as dominant as a used paper towel......

I'm sorry but for his price I'd want a dominant prop! We could have signed two decent players for his price, instead we wasted upwards of 800k a year on this spud! He's almost on Tamaololo money for crying out loud!
Ok you want a dominant prop. Who is this dominant prop you speak of?

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He made 1 error vs sharks 1 vs tigers. Ran for over 150m vs sharks. Infact averaging over 140m per game this year. Averaging more then de belin jturbo vanghn and RCG. Who are all the nsw team.
Stats aren't everything and you know it. You would trade woods for any of those 4 in the nsw team and probably for cheaper too. Vaughn was a bargain buy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry bad test and I am surprised you can't see it.

KEY differences:

- Pearce wanted by TWO clubs
- Clubs know that doggies need to clear cap and desperate
- Woods overpriced

The difference is Manly and Knights both wanted him and he has runs on the board (top HB outside of origin). Proof in the pudding he immediately transformed the Knights and as soon as he is injured, the Knights suffer.

Other clubs know that the dogs are over, its all over media and even addressed by our CEO. A smart operator will take advantage of this fact and get Wood for a reasonable price with the dogs footing the remainder. Win win.

Dogs will get bent over on this transaction.
Plus you have to ad in the use of TPA’s at the Roosters they might have had Pearce on a low amount on the cap.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly he is the wrong player for the squad at the wrong time. The fact is we are over cap and he would ideally be the first to get the chop. And new management agree with this.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a stats breakdown for this year of all nrl props? Im talking avg run metres taclkes errors offloads penaltys etc?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not about getting someone better than him, it's about getting someone in that provides better value for $$$ so we can reinvest his wage into other areas of our squad. Woods is a bit of a luxury player, has a nice offload but is lazy in defence and loves a crucial error.
Bingo! It’s more about using the $800k more wisely then wanting to get rid of Woods.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has Woods done wrong?
I certainly don't think he has been as bad as some have made out but he has a habit of making errors/giving away penalties at the worst possible time. It's bloody irritating!!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have one in Klemmer (who Pay is benching just to start Woods...). My view has been consistent, we didn't need another prop we had heaps of them. I would have rather used the say 500-800k to get a really good outside back, a hooker or a FB. I would have rather offered Ponga a million than offering Woods and Foran what we did. One is a potential superstar (and we saw signs in 2017)...and the other two...well one is broken down and the other is Woods..

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bingo! It’s more about using the $800k more wisely then wanting to get rid of Woods.
Ok then what and who do we use the money on? Keep in mind by releasing Woods we will need a prop to replace him.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would have rather used the say 500-800k to get a really good outside back, a hooker or a FB.
In hindsight we shouldn't have bought anyone and we would probably be in the same position.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of all positions in our squad last year I would have said getting a prop was the LAST on the list of priorities...

We still had...

NO HOOKER
NO FULLBACK
OLD CENTRES
NO HALVES

Instead we go and buy a prop! It was rubbish!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok then what and who do we use the money on? Keep in mind by releasing Woods we will need a prop to replace him.
No idea and we won’t have a clearer picture of what’s going on until season is over. The club has a plan and we just have to sit back and wait.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had Graham you know...I know who I'd rather if I had to choose between the two and it aint Woods!

I don't think we needed to choose anyway. Give some of our young props a go!

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have you not been reading the news mate. We didnt have the money to begin with. That is the crux of the problem. You know we are paying Graham to play for St George right?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Woods goes we still have Klemmer, Tolman, Fualalo, To'omaga, Tualau, Ogden, Elliott (LOL) that can all play in the frontrow. We also have potential recruits like Hipgrave that could come in...overall it's a solid enough group of players to work with, Pay just need to get pre season right so they're fit and firing because he absolutely fucked it up this season imo.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
The Tractor Tolman can come in for Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.