Newcastle shows interest in Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not saying I’m happy about paying players to play against us and I’m not sure how you managed twist that into your thinking. The only thing they have in common is they are under contract and the Knights were interested in them everything else is different. They play different positions and halfbacks are more sought after especially rep ones, there was several clubs interested in Pearce and we don’t know any contract amounts or how of that was on the cap. It’s not as clear cut as you think.
You can find similarities and differences depending on your own perspective. Let’s just leave it to our own opinions differ on what the club should do and how we expect them to handle this situation

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a true test of the new administration. The Roosters managed to offload Pearce without having to pay a cent. We should expect to do the same if the Knights want him otherwise no deal
Yeah but they gave up a litter of puppies

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im waiting... who replaces Woods thats better then him? Who is actually available? Before anyone answers keep in mind the player that you name we need to be a realist chance of signing him?
We oust Woods. Persist with Tolman... sign Latu and have him come off the bench with To'Omaga

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will look extra better with a proper fb in ponga sniffing around and supporting his offloads.
He’s on 750k
We are getting half of that in performance
I think your 100% correct. He will be such an asset to the knights!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup the knights could definitely benefit from this signing an his services...

What an asset he would be, get him while you can Newcastle !!!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way id release Woods is if we sign a superstar halve with his money thats it. Otherwise no deal. Im talking signing Wippod Norman Munster someone along these lines. Otherwise theres no point on releasing him.
I think you're on the money here....
Woods swap for norman.
Woods is decent but is taking the money that we should've spent elsewhere. Parra have moses, french, gutho. We have fuck all
Parra have no forwards and we have plenty.
I think its a fair swap

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods isn’t that bad
Everybody knows he has an offload but not once have I seen a player in support
He has stood there on several occasions with his hands free just looking around,it’s a joke
How many tries did our great Terry Lamp score by following the forwards.
Give him a chance

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My only question is that if we didn't need to offload Mbye to make the cap and now we are going to let Woods go doesn't that mean we have about 1.5 million to play with (Would be 1.9 million but I take away a few $$$ considering we are going to have to pay a bit of Mbyes and Woods contracts)

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
So Morris x 2
Eastwood
Mbye
Woods ??
Reynolds
Graham
Kasiano
All gone (supposedly)
Where the F is all the $$$$$$$$$ going.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Woods isn’t that bad
Everybody knows he has an offload but not once have I seen a player in support
He has stood there on several occasions with his hands free just looking around,it’s a joke
How many tries did our great Terry Lamp score by following the forwards.
Give him a chance
Lewis would probably be following him waiting for an offload.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im waiting... who replaces Woods thats better then him? Who is actually available? Before anyone answers keep in mind the player that you name we need to be a realist chance of signing him?
Any **** with a heart in their chest cavity?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Morris x 2
Eastwood
Mbye
Woods ??
Reynolds
Graham
Kasiano
All gone (supposedly)
Where the F is all the $$$$$$$$$ going.
It would be great to see a list wouldn’t it?

Put all teams 30 man rosters on paper.

Our list would be close to bottom in quality. Yet somehow we are in such bad shape we need to offload players.

Some clubs are stacked with rep players that must be on massive unders. Because they are all cap compliant.

While the overs across the board we must be paying is like a lottery win to average first graders.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So he has probably the best stats there apart from Klemmer. He just doesnt suit our current game 45 offloads lets get a fullback chasing behind him and see some broken play.
Because of his high price tag, he’s scrutinised more heavily than others at the dogs.

He’s making too many crucial errors, but he’s also one of the only players offering anything in attack.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stats arent everything. But seriously if people cant see that Woods is superior to most props in the game then they have rocks in there heads. Wallace Paulo Boyd all these props signed for over 650k a season. Woods is a heaps better player then them.

For the hundredth time Woods is playing well and doing his job for us. Foran and our entire spine is the who people need to point there finger at not Woods. I believe Foran may come good if we sign a marquee half to help him.

I just an article saying we have been tackled the forth most out any team in the opposition red zone. This tells me our forwards are getting us to where we need to be on the field but our havles arent able to get us points. Fix the havles and stop worrying about Woods.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but did you just say “Woods is playing well”..

Must be why he’s in the SOO side...

Oh wait hang on....

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He made 1 error vs sharks 1 vs tigers. Ran for over 150m vs sharks. Infact averaging over 140m per game this year. Averaging more then de belin jturbo vanghn and RCG. Who are all the nsw team.
1 error v Sharks = Sharks try. More than 1 error v Wests but penalty led to a try. What about the great hit up in attack on the last tackle v Wests.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of all positions in our squad last year I would have said getting a prop was the LAST on the list of priorities...

We still had...

NO HOOKER
NO FULLBACK
OLD CENTRES
NO HALVES

Instead we go and buy a prop! It was rubbish!
Spot on. Hasler was obsessed with forwards.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate. Woods is making these errors due to him trying to be creative because our havles obviously cant. Our spine is the problem they have been terrible for us. Woods and most of our forwards are our strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.