Newcastle shows interest in Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/aa794d087c238f1f23dbfea7d0050d58

NEWCASTLE coach Nathan Brown has opened the door for Aaron Woods to join the Knights.
The former NSW forward has been speculated as potentially moving on from Canterbury as the Bulldogs deal with NRL salary cap issues.

Brown says Newcastle haven’t spoken to Woods or his manager but believes the 27-year-old is a “player who’d certainly improve our squad”.

Ry round of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership on FOX SPORTS. SIGN UP NOW >

“Any time there’s front-rowers on the market we’re always discussing that,” Brown said on Wednesday.

“I’m not sure what the story is with Canterbury, whether he is a movable piece.

“We certainly came into this year two or three middles short, so we’re in a strong position if someone like Woodsy became available and we thought it was part of the plan and he wanted to come.

“I’m not sure how much truth’s in any of it.”

Mbye signs with Tigers

0:34
The Dogs have already been forced to let go star fullback Moses Mbye, who will join West Tigers on a four-year deal from next season.

Woods has reportedly been shopped around despite only starting at the Belmore-based club this season on a lucrative four-year deal.

Canberra have already declared Woods to be off-limits even with front-rowers Shannon Boyd and Junior Paulo leaving the Raiders at the end of the season.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Woods will do ok in Newcastle. The fans are much more forgiving and the team is better balanced, better halves, better young players. They have also had a history with plodders i.e. Snowden.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods will do ok in Newcastle. The fans are much more forgiving and the team is better balanced, better halves, better young players. They have also had a history with plodders i.e. Snowden.
I think he is on $800k at the dogs. If thats the case there is no way they would pay full freight for him. I reckon we would have to kick in at least $250k for him and that would be for the next 3 years. Once again, bad business

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he is on $800k at the dogs. If thats the case there is no way they would pay full freight for him. I reckon we would have to kick in at least $250k for him and that would be for the next 3 years.
Yes 800K, and god knows what TPAs, was aussie and state rep pricing. He's lost those honors. But when Eels pays 750k for Paulo, we have hope that a club like Knights may be willing to pay overs or take over the contract.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods will be Dynamite at Newcastle (Start talking this us as much as possible as it may help our chances of offloading him)!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a true test of the new administration. The Roosters managed to offload Pearce without having to pay a cent. We should expect to do the same if the Knights want him otherwise no deal

Reactions: DT

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a true test of the new administration. The Roosters managed to offload Pearce without having to pay a cent. We should expect to do the same if the Knights want him otherwise no deal
You can’t compare the two when you don’t know the value of the contracts.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People that want Woods gone have rocks in there heads. Ok Woods is gone who replaces him? All I keep hearing is I want Woods gone. But no one comes up with a solution to who replaces him (thats better then him). Usually when somone is replaced then someone better comes in. So come on someone tell me who is available to replace Woods that better then him? I bet none of the Woods haters answers my question. And by the way can someone tell me what Woods has actually done wrong this year. Ill admit he has made a few errors due to him trying to create something because of the fact our havles and entire backline haven't been or cant do there job. Woods is doing his job by making a mountain of tackles offloads and hitups. Infact our only strength is foward pack yet people want to dismantle it by removing Woods who is a massive part of our pack. Our forwards are doing there job. In fact they been on top of the opposition most weeks. Fix our fucking spine and backline and stop worrying about Aaron Woods who is doing his job just fine.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People that want Woods gone have rocks in there heads. Ok Woods is gone who replaces him? All I keep hearing is I want Woods gone. But no one comes up with a solution to who replaces him (thats better then him). Usually when somone is replaced then someone better comes in. So come on someone tell me who is available to replace Woods that better then him? I bet none of the Woods haters answers my question. And by the way can someone tell me what Woods has actually done wrong this year. Ill admit he has made a few errors due to him trying to create something because of the fact our havles and entire backline haven't been or cant do there job. Woods is doing his job by making a mountain of tackles offloads and hitups. Infact our only strength is foward pack yet people want to dismantle it by removing Woods who is a massive part of our pack. Our forwards are doing there job. In fact they been on top of the opposition most weeks. Fix our fucking spine and backline and stop worrying about Aaron Woods who is doing his job just fine.
I think a cheergirl would have been a better option than what Woods has dished up the past few weeks

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im waiting... who replaces Woods thats better then him? Who is actually available? Before anyone answers keep in mind the player that you name we need to be a realist chance of signing him?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone is better than Sharon. I mean ANYONE! The bloke is going for BOG for the opposition and setting a world record for try assists off his errors.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has Woods done wrong?
Make errors, drop the ball, be as dominant as a used paper towel......

I'm sorry but for his price I'd want a dominant prop! We could have signed two decent players for his price, instead we wasted upwards of 800k a year on this spud! He's almost on Tamaololo money for crying out loud!

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry bad test and I am surprised you can't see it.

KEY differences:

- Pearce wanted by TWO clubs
- Clubs know that doggies need to clear cap and desperate
- Woods overpriced

The difference is Manly and Knights both wanted him and he has runs on the board (top HB outside of origin). Proof in the pudding he immediately transformed the Knights and as soon as he is injured, the Knights suffer.

Other clubs know that the dogs are over, its all over media and even addressed by our CEO. A smart operator will take advantage of this fact and get Wood for a reasonable price with the dogs footing the remainder. Win win.

Dogs will get bent over on this transaction.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's not about getting someone better than him, it's about getting someone in that provides better value for $$$ so we can reinvest his wage into other areas of our squad. Woods is a bit of a luxury player, has a nice offload but is lazy in defence and loves a crucial error.

Status
Not open for further replies.