Banned
Reaction score
So Parra have signed:
Tony Williams
Frank Pritchard
Mitchell Moses
Jarryd Hayne
Kane Evans

Were Issac De Gois, Jeff Robson and Radradra on $5 million each or something (as they are the only big name players Parra released).

I can see them have cap issues in 2019 as they have a LOT of players off contract at end of 2018.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Honestly I want see Hayne back to his best. Hayne 09 and Barba 2012 were 2 of the most exciting players I have watched in the last 10 years. Both grubs but Im not watching the game because I enjoy the subversive tactics of CS9 or the QLD grubs. Hayne and Barba at their best played the game not the refs and thats what I want to see the most.

Aside from that Hayne has alot of hate coming from all fronts and I think alot of it is over the top and a bit personal. Clubs dog players (case in point Canterbury) just as much as players dog clubs and I cant blame players for looking out for their own interests and dreams. Ideally loyalty would take precedent but one bad season and clubs and fans will turn on you. Reality, players are chasing dollars and premierships...some are just trying to keep the dream alive or ongoing whilst being a provider for their children. Kudos to them *****.

And in extreme circumstances players will make a sacrifice when needed for the betterment of their family situation. I cant hate on Hayne or Barba or any **** because they put family 1st.

It may not be true, it could be a convenient excuse. But im not about to delve into it, my motivation for watching league is entertainment via exciting on field play, not the soap opera that the media wants everybody to buy into.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking i had the name wrong when i wrote this. I often get them mixed up. Lol
I hear what your saying, but how can the NRL register a contract of half of his current contract, which he is signed to for the following season, and allow him to play for another team?? Thats just rediculous!!
Mate they lost semi and he was on decent coin, and the nrl would register his contract as his value would be around the $500k 600k Mark on form.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I want see Hayne back to his best. Hayne 09 and Barba 2012 were 2 of the most exciting players I have watched in the last 10 years. Both grubs but Im not watching the game because I enjoy the subversive tactics of CS9 or the QLD grubs. Hayne and Barba at their best played the game not the refs and thats what I want to see the most.

Aside from that Hayne has alot of hate coming from all fronts and I think alot of it is over the top and a bit personal. Clubs dog players (case in point Canterbury) just as much as players dog clubs and I cant blame players for looking out for their own interests and dreams. Ideally loyalty would take precedent but one bad season and clubs and fans will turn on you. Reality, players are chasing dollars and premierships...some are just trying to keep the dream alive or ongoing whilst being a provider for their children. Kudos to them *****.

And in extreme circumstances players will make a sacrifice when needed for the betterment of their family situation. I cant hate on Hayne or Barba or any **** because they put family 1st.

It may not be true, it could be a convenient excuse. But im not about to delve into it, my motivation for watching league is entertainment via exciting on field play, not the soap opera that the media wants everybody to buy into.
Well said mate totally agree, don’t give a rats ass what ppl really say id love Barba back at the dogs playing fullback for us it will solve the problem we have had since he left, and I swear Barba wouldn’t mind coming back to the dogs, I know a lot will give me shit for this post but I’d rather have BB back then a slow hoppa with all respect to hoppa, kick out the no dick head policy and bring him back he only left us because he des wouldn’t upgrade his contract and at that time he was the dally m player and arguably the best fullback in the game.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Good point. I still hate the **** though. Haha

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate they lost semi and he was on decent coin, and the nrl would register his contract as his value would be around the $500k 600k Mark on form.
Seriously? Current SOO player, fiji international, 2 time Dally M player of the year, 600k?? Come on mate, thats way off the mark. Sure he had a quiet year, but the Titans had a shit year and had loads of injuries. He is still worth more then 600k.
And like mr. I said, they have been gned Hayne, Evans, Dorothy, Pritchard and Moses, so its not as if they have signed nobody.
Im not saying they are over the cap, i just think its rediculous for the NRL to register his contract at well below his market worth. They just seem to do this when it pleases them.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eels odds went up since they signed hayne [emoji23]

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No way Hayne is on less than $800k a season.

I give it 6 months MAX before Parra players are fed up and walk... and with many off contract the end of this year, I can forsee a "either Hayne goes or we go" scenario.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Hayne is a **** of a bloke and a fucking dog!!
I would love for a crane to fall on the **** when he's driving to his first Parra training session.

No doubt he would already be 45 minutes late to training, because as I said HE IS A **** OF BLOKE!!

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is Hayne signing on an obviously reduced contract from his previous NRL-back Titans contract allowed when Folau to Parramatta years ago was rejected; same club, virtually the same position. What gives????

~c.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is Hayne signing on an obviously reduced contract from his previous NRL-back Titans contract allowed when Folau to Parramatta years ago was rejected; same club, virtually the same position. What gives????

~c.
Nrl..... couldn't score a root in a brothel with a fist full of fiftys..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is going to be like one of those marriages doomed to fail.

The impeding car crash and fallout should at least be worth a laugh.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to be like one of those marriages doomed to fail.

The impeding car crash and fallout should at least be worth a laugh.
akin to salim mehajer and whatever the estranged wives' name is ?!

~c.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So another article somewhere tells us he signed for 500k. Question is what happened to market value to stop clubs stacking their teams? He was on 1.2 mil at Titans and now 500k at Parra. Remember this market value thing prevented Folau to return to RL yet now Hayne and Parra can do this?? Anyone?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

~c.
So another article somewhere tells us he signed for 500k. Question is what happened to market value to stop clubs stacking their teams? He was on 1.2 mil at Titans and now 500k at Parra. Remember this market value thing prevented Folau to return to RL yet now Hayne and Parra can do this?? Anyone?
Exactly, why is this not questioned ??!! Was there a front-ended situation with Folau?!

~c.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

~c.
You have to start by asking what you think Hayne is actually worth, not necessarily what is reported as him getting. Does anyone actually know what he was on with the Titans? How much of it was salary cap and how much TPA's? Hayne has had a number of TPA's for years. Telstra was paying him plenty when he went to NFL so they are probably still paying him now. How much are the Eels actually paying for him? How much is TPA's? Everyone gets worked up about this sort of stuff without knowing anything about the facts. I don't and I guess if I were to ask him next time I come across him he probably still wouldn't tell me and why should he? It's his business. I'm sure Hayne won't be using coupons at Macca's anytime soon no matter how much he has been paid and good luck to him. He's a good footballer at the end of his career now with only a few years left in him. As long as the NRL are monitoring it then fine. I'm pretty sure the Eels aren't going to do anything flakey after what they went through a couple of years ago.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You have to start by asking what you think Hayne is actually worth, not necessarily what is reported as him getting. Does anyone actually know what he was on with the Titans? How much of it was salary cap and how much TPA's? Hayne has had a number of TPA's for years. Telstra was paying him plenty when he went to NFL so they are probably still paying him now. How much are the Eels actually paying for him? How much is TPA's? Everyone gets worked up about this sort of stuff without knowing anything about the facts. I don't and I guess if I were to ask him next time I come across him he probably still wouldn't tell me and why should he? It's his business. I'm sure Hayne won't be using coupons at Macca's anytime soon no matter how much he has been paid and good luck to him. He's a good footballer at the end of his career now with only a few years left in him. As long as the NRL are monitoring it then fine. I'm pretty sure the Eels aren't going to do anything flakey after what they went through a couple of years ago.
The NRL make it our business by having a salary cap in the first place and by sticking their noses into this issue. The big question is how come some clubs are scrutinised while others appear to do what they want without even a question. Some clubs have been prevented in signing players based on "market value" while other times when it is obvious it is again...not even questioned? Fans want level playing fields and fans are the only reason these people get paid what they do. I know the players think they are the most important thing in the game but they are severely incorrect. IF the NRL don't want it to be an issue than have no salary cap. Me, all players full contracts should be fully posted to allow transparency. TPA's and all the other crap should be irrelevant, we want a guarantee that what they are being paid is fair! Personally I couldn't care what each player gets providing that each club has the same rule. I would have taken Gutho over Plain Hayne any day of the week!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His market value has dropped alot to be fair he’s essentially just a centre now

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe we should bring back Corey Payne too.....that will unsettle the Hayne Plane.
Could you imagine how it would be if Payne became the CEO of Parra, the BOSS of Hayne.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's insane how these ego maniacs keep getting contracts. Hayne is a massive grub but I can understand why Parra got him back.

Not enough young players coming through, the NRL revolving door continues. Reminds me of the latest manager shuffle in the Premier League.
I'm pretty sure they got him because if he stars then they have become serious title threats. One more decent forward and Hayne hitting some form could see the Eels a solid top 4 side and maybe a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.