Mitchell Pearce released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
look I have nothing to support my theory but apparently a high profile union player is switching to league next year..... folau to the roosters now? I just got a feeling....
Or SBW again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe going after Mansour?

I'm doubtful anyone would want to leave union.

If they snag Curtis Rona .. I'll want blood!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Apparently the Roosters are now $1 million under the cap. You can't make this shit up lol

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
see how long the roosters stuck by having a 1 mill player out of position, 1 day ago they said he could co exist with cronk, now how long do we have mbye at fullback when we also couldnt accept him at hooker

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Or SBW again.
The great one will not be going back to league anytime soon, his next goal is the 2019 Rugby World Cup where he is automatic selection in the centres for the All Blacks.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Knights IMO.

Knights have cash to splash and need a halfback.

*Manly have DCE, don't need a halfback
*Sharks have Townsend and possibly Moylan, they need a five-eighth, not a halfback

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Knights IMO.

Knights have cash to splash and need a halfback.

*Manly have DCE, don't need a halfback
*Sharks have Townsend and possibly Moylan, they need a five-eighth, not a halfback
They have DCE and juniors.. Green is off to the warriors. Halves pairing of DCE and Pearce sounds good to me, so much experience, both grand final winners, both played origin. Is there a more experienced pair in the comp?

Manly are light on decent props and skinny in the back row department though

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read in an article somewhere they needed a decision from Pearce asap so they could use his $800k on another player if he was leaving. Add to that Nikorimas money and they could easily bluff the NRL into registering another major contract.
You’ll find that the Roosters are 1.15M under the cap with Pearce & Nikorima gone. Angus Crighton is on their radar & with TPA’s they could also afford another representative star.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You’ll find that the Roosters are 1.15M under the cap with Pearce & Nikorima gone. Angus Crighton is on their radar & with TPA’s they could also afford another representative star.
Cheats

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hear Junior Paulo is also a possibility. Raiders need to clear some $$

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nikorima is suspended for 12 weeks with pay so his 380k a year is still in the cap until someone else signs him.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, thanks for the laugh.

Why stop at one. Surely uncle Nick could get 2 or 3 rep stars, everyone plays for "unders" at the rorters.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nikorima is suspended for 12 weeks with pay so his 380k a year is still in the cap until someone else signs him.
You’ll find that is incorrect. The Roosters have 1.15M in the cap & if you include TPA’s that figure could balloon to as much as 1.8 to 1.9M under. The Roosters are a bit like Newcastle. They could find themselves in trouble with the NRL for not spending within 5% of the cap. They have until June 30 to fix this issue. Hopefully another couple of world class internationals will become available along with Angus Crighton.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blake Green (Currently at Manly) asked for a release recently and Manly said that they would not release Green unless they secure Pearce's signature. Blake Green was released yesterday and signed with Warriors so pretty sure Pearce to Manly deal is done.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Roosters will sign Crichton and Hayne... can see it a mile away.

Also Pearce contenders are apparently:
Manly - I'd say a done deal.
Knights - With Hodko, interesting pairing. Unlikely.
Cronulla - How the F?? Didn't they just sign Moylan?

Status
Not open for further replies.