Roosters confirm Cronk signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand we got screwed by back-ended deals, but we had to let go of several players to sign Woods (who in my opinion isn't that big of a signing) and Foran (who went MIA a few seasons ago), so how is it the Roosters can sign whoever hits the market with the click of a finger.
I'd be bloody shocked if Cronk is taking less than 1mill a season to sign with the chooks.

Temporary apartment on the beach and new car perhaps that somehow transfer into his name after his contract finishes?

They've turned the NRL into a complete and utter joke. We know exactly what players and teams are getting paid in most other sports, why should the NRL be any different unless the club's and NRL have something to hide?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand we got screwed by back-ended deals, but we had to let go of several players to sign Woods (who in my opinion isn't that big of a signing) and Foran (who went MIA a few seasons ago), so how is it the Roosters can sign whoever hits the market with the click of a finger.
I'd be bloody shocked if Cronk is taking less than 1mill a season to sign with the chooks.

Temporary apartment on the beach and new car perhaps that somehow transfer into his name after his contract finishes?

They've turned the NRL into a complete and utter joke. We know exactly what players and teams are getting paid in most other sports, why should the NRL be any different unless the club's and NRL have something to hide?
The whole NRL organisation is a joke.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch ... that kick happened in front of me as I saw Matt Geyer collect the ball in what seemed like slow motion. Then our whole season flashed in front of my eyes.
That would have been the worst place to be at that time as a dogs supporter! You guys probably wanted to jump on the field and choke him!

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran has some absolutely outstanding games for the eels. Sheer dominance. Also had some good games for warriors without being outstanding. Rubbish biased comment
What a load of horse shit ! Absolutely outstanding matches for the eels my arse. He was busted. Played injured. As for the Warriors ? His first one to two matches were solid then he was very ordinary, hence they missed the 8 by plenty. If it makes you feel better talking up Foran, go for it.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of horse shit ! Absolutely outstanding matches for the eels my arse. He was busted. Played injured. As for the Warriors ? His first one to two matches were solid then he was very ordinary, hence they missed the 8 by plenty. If it makes you feel better talking up Foran, go for it.
Let’s see how he goes under the dogs! If we’re back to what we used to be, then Foran will benefit the most out of any player/recruit we have!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a new low for loyalty in the NRL, you go, we found someone better, you don't see this often.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That would have been the worst place to be at that time as a dogs supporter! You guys probably wanted to jump on the field and choke him!
@Como Dog Ok I need a little refresher as to what you and @Dogzof95 are talking about here... this was more than 17 years ago after all lol?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess it is true. You don’t have a clue what your talking about. Before his whole injury and shit at eels he was easily one of their best players game
In game out. I suppose you can’t expect a bandwagon fan to watch another team play. They can barely watch “their own”.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If you are able to get a copy of the telegraph you’ll see another story on the Roosters salary cap, written by Dean Ritchie. This might ease the pain and suffering you are obviously experiencing.
What part of the Tele is full of shit and we don't believe them do you not understand? Politis has enough money and influence to grease the wheels and push his own narrative amongst the people who sometimes report league matters and sometimes just make shit up to full column space.

Even if they are officially under the cap they have obviously been allowed massive liberties with tpas to make this happen. Tpas aren't supposed to be limitless.

This is fucked. There is no reason to believe this is above board. If hournos want us to swallow this line of nonsense they are taking the piss.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm not completely convinced about the Foran signing. Although he's here now, so I'm getting on board and wishing him well.... but his form was very good early in that season at Parra.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm not completely convinced about the Foran signing. Although he's here now, so I'm getting on board and wishing him well.... but his form was very good early in that season at Parra.
It was indeed. As good as any honestly. If he can get back to that I will have wood (excuse the pun) big if I know but will see.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it is true. You don’t have a clue what your talking about. Before his whole injury and shit at eels he was easily one of their best players game
In game out. I suppose you can’t expect a bandwagon fan to watch another team play. They can barely watch “their own”.
If you think that Foran played some absolutely outstanding matches for parramatta you are delusional.
End of story.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What part of the Tele is full of shit and we don't believe them do you not understand? Politis has enough money and influence to grease the wheels and push his own narrative amongst the people who sometimes report league matters and sometimes just make shit up to full column space.

Even if they are officially under the cap they have obviously been allowed massive liberties with tpas to make this happen. Tpas aren't supposed to be limitless.

This is fucked. There is no reason to believe this is above board. If hournos want us to swallow this line of nonsense they are taking the piss.
Absolutely 100% spot on !
I’ve said TPA’s are not a level playing field. That is not the Roosters fault. They are the fucking rules. TPA’s are apart of the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Absolutely 100% spot on !
I’ve said TPA’s are not a level playing field. That is not the Roosters fault. They are the fucking rules. TPA’s are apart of the game.
Yes but there is also a very strong school of thought that certain power brokers are given more free reign with third party arrangements than other clubs. That's the biggest problem with TPAs. They aren't in any way transparent.

I just don't believe there is any way in hell your club could have signed Cronk without undue favours from the nrl...and this sort of questionable shit happens at Bondi way too often.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If you think that Foran played some absolutely outstanding matches for parramatta you are delusional.
End of story.
More like actually watch the game. Should try it bud. Might help you actually sound like you know what your talking about a tiny bit.

Run along back to the chook pen, a lot easier to pretend you know footy when there’s only 3 people there [emoji23]

Status
Not open for further replies.