Roosters confirm Cronk signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cronk all day. People are massively downplaying Cronk because the Roosters cheated and he signed with them. He was easily the best fit for us.
Nah. Great player but he's 33 and our club is looking up the future. I'd rather Keary than Cronk at this stage of their careers......he'd be a much better investment imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah. Great player but he's 33 and our club is looking up the future. I'd rather Keary than Cronk at this stage of their careers......he'd be a much better investment imo.
No way, different players. Keary is an out and out 5/8 whereas we need an out and out halfback. Cronk is better in so many areas and actually addresses two of the biggest problems in our game. Game management and kicking game.

I also couldn't give a shit about his age, the bloke might be 33 but he's in top condition and is rarely injured. No doubt he's fitter than Foran for example.

I also don't buy the line that the clubs looking to the future, that's bs. Cronk is easily a buy for the future and now. Cronks true value is the experience and culture he can pass onto our younger players by playing and training alongside them, both Morgan and Munster have credited him for helping their development and this is exactly what the likes of Mbye, Lichaa, Lewis, Wakeham, etc are missing and need.

Cronk was easily the most valuable player on the open market and would of been the perfect buy for us, if anyone says otherwise then they're just salty because he ended up at the cheating chooks.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No way, different players. Keary is an out and out 5/8 whereas we need an out and out halfback. Cronk is better in so many areas and actually addresses two of the biggest problems in our game. Game management and kicking game.

I also couldn't give a shit about his age, the bloke might be 33 but he's in top condition and is rarely injured. No doubt he's fitter than Foran for example.

I also don't buy the line that the clubs looking to the future, that's bs. Cronk is easily a buy for the future and now. Cronks true value is the experience and culture he can pass onto our younger players by playing and training alongside them, both Morgan and Munster have credited him for helping their development and this is exactly what the likes of Mbye, Lichaa, Lewis, Wakeham, etc are missing and need.

Cronk was easily the most valuable player on the open market and would of been the perfect buy for us, if anyone says otherwise then they're just salty because he ended up at the cheating chooks.
He's 33 years old and i never wanted nor felt we needed him. You're entitled to your opinion but I don't think we need Cronk in the slightest, do Tony put words on my mouth. I've already admitted I have the shits over the favourable treatment the roosters receive, but I just don't envy them signing Cronk. A few years too late imo.

I honestly think it's pretty hard to tell what our team needs until the team has benefitted from proper mentorhip. We got what we needed- a new coach. I couldn't give a ton shit about Cronk. Too busy looking forward to next year....but I'll take a brief diversion just to say it's fucked they get special treatment.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's 33 years old and i never wanted nor felt we needed him. You're entitled to your opinion but I don't think we need Cronk in the slightest, do Tony put words on my mouth. I've already admitted I have the shits over the favourable treatment the roosters receive, but I just don't envy them signing Cronk. A few years too late imo.
Well you have an issue if you don't want the Australian and QLD halfback when he is clearly still performing and fit. He might not perform as well as he does at the storm, but he is still far more valuable than any other player on the market.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well you have an issue if you don't want the Australian and QLD halfback when he is clearly still performing and fit. He might not perform as well as he does at the storm, but he is still far more valuable than any other player on the market.
Haha well fair enough man. You're as entitled to a strong opinion as the next person. I don't see it as an issue. Ignorance is bliss eh? :p

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuck Cronk and fuck the roosters, we at the dogs by far have the best supporters and are passionate.
We don't need Cronk just dogs of war is all we need .
That's all I want brother, I want the Dogs of War mentality, I don't care who shares that mentality as long as they share it.

Win, lose or draw I want the opposition demolished. I want to break other teams physically and mentally.

I want other teams to say "oh fuck, we have to play the Dogs in 4 weeks".

I want the Dogs of hell to be scared of the DOGS OF FUCKING WAR!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
That's all I want brother, I want the Dogs of War mentality, I don't care who shares that mentality as long as they share it.

Win, lose or draw I want the opposition demolished. I want to break other teams physically and mentally.

I want other teams to say "oh fuck, we have to play the Dogs in 4 weeks".

I want the Dogs of hell to be scared of the DOGS OF FUCKING WAR!
100% agree brother .

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not an argument. It’s fact. He was a huge part as to why they where doing so well and right up
There in the ladder. Obviously you didn’t watch them enough at all. Clearly or you wouldn’t be disagreeing. He was outstanding until the wheels fell off and everything went to shit.
100% Spot on. Once he was controlling everything it gave Corey Norman the chance to shine in attack.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dally m's are completely subjective!
I'm sure Cronk didn't get 3 points for every great game he ever played.

What a stupid argument.
Exactly, according to the Dally Ms Gallen was better than Taumalolo last year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Exactly, according to the Dally Ms Gallen was better than Taumalolo last year.
Totally. I think anyone who watched would say Foran was in good nick until it all got the fan for him that year.... I don't know if we'll get that early season form... but from all accounts he's working hard and doing the right things, so I'm hopeful we might get some good footy out of him!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Como Dog Ok I need a little refresher as to what you and @Dogzof95 are talking about here... this was more than 17 years ago after all lol?
Sorry mate a little late on the reply.

As you saw on the video, tight game, we got in front about 10 min to go and a poor kick Ricky tried to put it behind the Melb line and straight to a quick Geyer who scored and they won by 2 and went on to win the whole thing.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But then we got this guy!

Great game by Sherwin, looked great at the top of his game. Interesting seeing Thurston so young again, even then off the bench he seemed to have so much time with everything he did. Wow, wish we never lost him. Funny thing was with Anasta not playing that day we didn't seem to miss him at all.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally. I think anyone who watched would say Foran was in good nick until it all got the fan for him that year.... I don't know if we'll get that early season form... but from all accounts he's working hard and doing the right things, so I'm hopeful we might get some good footy out of him!
Really optimistic myself. He knows how to control a team. We just need quick guys around him eg Mbye to capitalise and break the line.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great game by Sherwin, looked great at the top of his game. Interesting seeing Thurston so young again, even then off the bench he seemed to have so much time with everything he did. Wow, wish we never lost him. Funny thing was with Anasta not playing that day we didn't seem to miss him at all.
Sherwin on his day can match it with any halfback! He alway had a lot of poise, remember that game against Manly where he absolutely dominated which pissed folksy off! Hahahaha... he had so many great games for us, it’s a shame we never got to see him in a blues jumper, I have no doubt he would have excelled!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sherwin on his day can match it with any halfback! He alway had a lot of poise, remember that game against Manly where he absolutely dominated which pissed folksy off! Hahahaha... he had so many great games for us, it’s a shame we never got to see him in a blues jumper, I have no doubt he would have excelled!
Unlucky he was born in the Johns era, would be nsw hb easily if he were playing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.