Roosters confirm Cronk signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your mate must have been in a cave for the last 4 years. He didn’t see Cronk destroy NSW in origin, win dally m player of the year, win a premiership. Voted Dally M half of the year 3 times. Didn’t see Pearce AGAIN go missing during a finals series. Play dreadfully for the last 6 weeks of the NRL. Missed seeing Pearce fuck up on Anzac Day & derail 2016. Your friend needs to get out more.
There are two factors for Cronk to achieve these things that Pearce doesn’t have access to, and they’re both future immortals! Let’s wait and see how he plays without them! Last time he was on a big stage and he didn’t have Cameron Smith his team lost 40-0 to manly in GF! Now I’m starting to think his shit and the roosters are about to find out the hard way! Hahahaha...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Buzz just said the Roosters need to know if Pearce is leaving asap so they have time to spend his 800k on other players!!!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They currently have more SOO players than Melbourne lol. But yeah nah nothing to see here.

The strike rate for Melbourne players when out 9f that system is pretty shit anyway. It won't be any different here. Fuck the Roosters and that crooked nose little geek.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t want Cronk at the dogs! He can make whatever decision he wants! My argument is, the Roosters got him before anyone else had a chance, how is that legal under a salary cap run organisation like the NRL????
I'll write this slowly for you. Cronk can sign with whoever he wants. He wants to play for the rooters. He committed to playing with them next year a couple of months ago because they were the only ones he wanted to play for. It was 1000% his decision and he made it. the rooters have to convince the NRL that they have the cap space to sign him yet as his contract is not registered. Once they do (like we will with Foran/Woods) he will be free to play for them. No other club in the NRL was of interest to HIM. If he wanted to go on the open market he would have. There is no corruption here. It is called free enterprise.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters have got the premiership wrapped up next season unless they choke. If they fail again SBW will be back in 2019 to sew up the title.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's only corruption if you live in a communist country. Cronk is free to make whatever decisions he wants about his life. Why would any other club think it was a chance of signing him if that was where he wanted to go. Shaun Johnson has said he isn't interested in signing with anyone else other than the Warriors. Is that corruption? If not then how is it different to what Cronk is doing? Are you seriously suggesting that he can't live his life and work where he wants? I look forward to your evidence that the NRL has actually said anything about Cronk. Just because a few plonkers in the media write something doesn't make it true. By all means be disappointed that we didn't get someone like Cronk at the club but don't go around blaming the NRL or Cronk for it. He didn't want to play for us - simple as. Oh, and we couldn't afford him anyway.
Comrade leave communism alone or go to the gulags!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll write this slowly for you. Cronk can sign with whoever he wants. He wants to play for the rooters. He committed to playing with them next year a couple of months ago because they were the only ones he wanted to play for. It was 1000% his decision and he made it. the rooters have to convince the NRL that they have the cap space to sign him yet as his contract is not registered. Once they do (like we will with Foran/Woods) he will be free to play for them. No other club in the NRL was of interest to HIM. If he wanted to go on the open market he would have. There is no corruption here. It is called free enterprise.
I don’t want Cronk at the dogs! He can make whatever decision he wants! My argument is, the Roosters got him before anyone else had a chance, how is that legal under a salary cap run organisation like the NRL????
Hahahaha... read the quote in bold and understand it! I don’t care what he does, what I’m talking about has nothing to do with him! Let’s discuss $1.8 million the roosters are paying for a halfback, how can the roosters and NRL justify it! That’s the corrupt part! Just because the NRL say it’s ok, it doesn’t mean I have to believe them! Do you think if we signed a halfback for $1.8 million (that’s 20% of the salary cap next season) the NRL would be ok with it!

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people keep on saying they have lost, such and such, and such and such the Salary Cap is for 25 players. So if 4-5 leave they have to replace them with 4-5 players under the cap. So you can't say Player 1 was $400K, Player 2 was $200K, Player 3 was $300K so we can replace him with 1 player worth $900K they stilll need to allow for 2 more players under the salary cap of 25 players.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people keep on saying they have lost, such and such, and such and such the Salary Cap is for 25 players. So if 4-5 leave they have to replace them with 4-5 players under the cap. So you can't say Player 1 was $400K, Player 2 was $200K, Player 3 was $300K so we can replace him with 1 player worth $900K they stilll need to allow for 2 more players under the salary cap of 25 players.
Exactly! At the moment they have Pearce and Cronk $1.8 million) covering almost 20% of their salary cap! But the NRL said it’s ok!

I think JT will be available in 2019! I’m sure they’ll have enough to cover him for one more year! I’m also sure coming to the roosters and playing with SBW will be enough motivation for JT! 2019 year of the roosters! 2 premierships by 2019! Who would have thought, the irony!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don’t want Cronk at the Dogs, you’re an idiot.
Why is that?

I would prefer Foran at half back for a cheaper price and longer time period, if he plays like he did for Parra initially, rather than Cronk for 2 seasons with the 2nd being a real test for his age, for a million plus per season.

Bellamy is not a fool and he wanted Foran and went all out to whoo him.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz just said the Roosters need to know if Pearce is leaving asap so they have time to spend his 800k on other players!!!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
If that was a joke ... very funny .... if Buzz seriously just said or wrote that then he is not only a crap journo but an absolute @rsehole as well.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly! At the moment they have Pearce and Cronk $1.8 million) covering almost 20% of their salary cap! But the NRL said it’s ok!

I think JT will be available in 2019! I’m sure they’ll have enough to cover him for one more year! I’m also sure coming to the roosters and playing with SBW will be enough motivation for JT! 2019 year of the roosters! 2 premierships by 2019! Who would have thought, the irony!
As well as that they signed another million dollar player in Tedesco only a few months back. We're supposed to believe that because they released Guerra, Nikorima and a few no names that somehow they are magically still under that cap for next year. And the media are totally complicit in not covering any of it. Its not even mentioned....that's the part that really grates. Any other Sydney club would be put through the ringer.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well no real surprise with this announcement. Didn't mind Cronk before but won't have the time of day for him now in a Roosters jersey. Hope he finds out each week just how many supporters hate them.

What is very clear is that I hate:
- The NRL as an organisation
- The media (dodgy, corrupted, agenda driven and irrelevant league journalists who are just paid off mouth pieces)
- The salary cap and TPAs
- The Roosters

What is not clear is in what order. I think I would rate all of them at number 1.

Ideally, I would like to see Pearce leave so the Roosters won't have experienced cover for injuries. Cronk has had a golden run with his injuries, but I have a strong feeling we are going to see this change next season.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As well as that they signed another million dollar player in Tedesco only a few months back. We're supposed to believe that because they released Guerra, Nikorima and a few no names that somehow they are magically still under that cap for next year. And the media are totally complicit in not covering any of it. Its not even mentioned....that's the part that really grates. Any other Sydney club would be put through the ringer.
So 3 players on almost $3 Million, almost 1/3 of the cap on three players! Hahahaha... If the NRL was a comedian, they would win every comedy award available!!!

Last edited:

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that was a joke ... very funny .... if Buzz seriously just said or wrote that then he is not only a crap journo but an absolute @rsehole as well.
Does that not make sense ? They want Pearce to stay. He’s on 800K. If he leaves, and someone is willing to pay his wage, it frees up his salary. It’s not rocket science.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's 30 players for next year. With the minimum wage $85k.

Whenever you have a system where you can sign a million dollar player for way less than a million on the cap. With the balance (uncapped) being picked up by a rich supporter. The salary cap is totally pointless!

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is that?

I would prefer Foran at half back for a cheaper price and longer time period, if he plays like he did for Parra initially, rather than Cronk for 2 seasons with the 2nd being a real test for his age, for a million plus per season.

Bellamy is not a fool and he wanted Foran and went all out to whoo him.
You’d rather a washed up injury prone head f@ck in K.Foran who hasn’t played well in 3 years over the Dally M half of the year, Australian no 7, premiership winner in Cronk ?
You are a fool of the highest order !

Status
Not open for further replies.