Josh Reynolds (Departing) Consolidated SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT

New Pup
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds walking into espresso organica on majors bay road in concord. Appeared to be in the company of his manager. Looked at bit down from what i could tell.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would he look down. From reports $750k-$950k per year including car is pretty decent. Would take most on here 10 years to earn that money.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The difference is that Ennis was a decent footballer. Reynolds honestly is average at best. If he didn't have passion for the club he wouldn't be in first grade. He's been in top grade for 6 years as a five eight and still can't pass properly, has a shit kicking game, and can't tackle properly. I hope he flourishes at the Tigers. Our club is bigger then one man. We will move on and be bigger and better.
This coming from someone who has a man crush on cook??!! Please.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why would he look down. From reports $750k-$950k per year including car is pretty decent. Would take most on here 10 years to earn that money.
Maybe he didn't like the colour?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If licha gets offered a new contract don't care what it is then I'm done... this club has not improved at all the past few years and we are still yet to sign a fucken full back... like it can't be that hard can it...

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Don't know how anyone can go to that place. It's a shit hole with really bad service.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This club needs 3 big time players to come in,
The half being the most important for our rebuild and a chance
of winning a title.
We are just making up numbers with this current squad.
It's a sad state for a once feared mighty Bulldogs

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
he won a Dally M with us too.

Des tried to destroy his career and fortunately for him he signed with cronulla and still delivered at old age.

goes to show that with a decent coach Ennis would have achieved bigger heights and may be a premiership at Dogs too.
So Ennis was so constrained playing with us that he went from being a second string hooker to a SOO level hooker who won a Dally M and Des ruined his career? Jeez I think I will go and see if Des can ruin mine! Maybe, just maybe Ennis was like a good bottle of wine and got better each year with age until he got too old and retired this year. I wonder if Lichaa can too? Oops mentioned the war once thought I got away with it....

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking hacks...
They said it was $950k, we know its $750k...
Only million dollar players off contract SJ and Cronk.... What about JT?...
Fucking hacks...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Ennis was so constrained playing with us that he went from being a second string hooker to a SOO level hooker who won a Dally M and Des ruined his career? Jeez I think I will go and see if Des can ruin mine! Maybe, just maybe Ennis was like a good bottle of wine and got better each year with age until he got too old and retired this year. I wonder if Lichaa can too? Oops mentioned the war once thought I got away with it....
Corey Parker is a good example, the guy was next level in the last few years of his playing career.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Corey Parker is a good example, the guy was next level in the last few years of his playing career.
Must admit I thought he was only a "supercoach" tart scoring points but not being all that good, but he actually turned out to be a pretty good footballer and deserved the accolades he got.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me it doesn't work like that. Same with Mick Ennis... sometimes a player stagnates at a club. It is not surprising when they do better elsewhere. And I'm happy to accept Des' responsibility for that.

Agree that Des is to blame for Mbye squeezing Reynolds out. Having said that, even if Mbye wasn't on 800K (is he really on that? I'm not convinced), Reynolds isn't a 700K player.

That's unnecessary. I don't understand how people can be so brutal when judging achievements. If I was so inclined, I could dig up forum posts claiming that no-one would want Reynolds and that all the other coaches wouldn't go near. Yet he's found a club, regardless of what you think of the Tigers, very quickly. I'm convinced that the same Bennett that signed up Benji Marshal, he would have gone after Reynolds if he compromised on his asking price.

Reynolds was a contributor, with mixed consistency, to a team that made two Grand Finals and finals footy every season since 2012. He plays with passion, and is not devoid of skill. He's no failure.

I'm sad to see him go, but I know he needs to go. For two reasons. Reason one is that its the right time for the reshape of our team to challenge for a premiership. Des has his contract extension, and he is a coach with the capacity to take us to there.

But the second reason sadly came in the last game against the Tigers. The try that sealed it for the Tigers raised two deficiencies, we've all known about mind you, in Reynolds game, that can't be sorted out.

The first, he rushes out to prevent the kick with the requisite urgency. That's good for me. But either he is too dumb, or too inable to adjust for the high risk outcome, which occurred, that the kicker baulks and now you've exposed your line to a backline movement close to the try line.

The second, I feel sympathy for him here, but he'll never get that instinct to trip out of his game, as his desperation from that rushing out against the Tigers triggered. The way football commentators make out like this is the most heinous thing to do is why he has my sympathy. I've never understood why it's such a big deal. At least not the way he's been pinged for it. It's just a stigma around it, but objectively, is it really that much different than an ankle tap? But I'll yield on this because I'm going to cop a lot of emotive responses to this. Again, because of the stigma.

Regardless, it's never going to get it out of his game, and other players manage to keep it out of their game. So let it be some other clubs problem. It's the only thing about "Grub" that pains me about his in your face style.
I was thinking this in regards to tripping just the other day. It really is very similer to an ankle tap. There is just a 'stigma' about it as you say.
Im sure people will come out and say'look at all the injuries that happen in soccer from this type of action'. But the difference is that in soccer your striking at the ball and in league your just trying to trip the player over, so you wouldnt be sliding in attacking the legs.
Im not siuggesting we should allow it. We shouldnt. But i think its just bad sportsmanship as apposed to being dangerous.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

he won the Dally M with us too (2009) , that was before he got Dessed!

so argument fails that he got better with age.

He was restricted and shackled under Des.

Status
Not open for further replies.