[SMH] Canterbury Bulldogs free up cash with departure of Curtis Rona and Tim Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Force are paying him close to 700k to play in his home town. I heard that he wanted to leave this off season but Des convince him to stick around another year. You cant really blame the club for this and if it lands us Foran then it will be well worth it.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[QU OTE="pisssst, post: 2994770, member: 6929"]Yes she hasn't lied. She is patronising the fans, that in my books is way worse.[/QUOTE]
So, what is an non-patronising answer? You want the CEO to spill the beans on the situation on a live blog in which the whole world can see? Seriously . . .

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Comment From Omarkhanji
Can we please have a definitI've answer on Rona? We deservery to know

I cant give you one as there is nothing to tell you. right now, he is with us for 2017

Comment From dog luva
Thanks Boss but im sure even us hicks have gps and cameras .But anyway any news on Rona is he off to union?

There has been a lot of speculation about Rona but right now he is contracted to us for 2017

Notice how in both answers, she explicitly states that as of "right now" he is with us for 2017. She doesn't deny the rumour about him going, just acknowledges it.

So even if this article is true, she hasn't lied. It's just classic politician mode. Who knows, maybe something changed which tipped the situation over the edge and when the Chat to the Boss thing happened it was still very much an uncertain thing.

I will be pretty sad if we lose him, but if he goes, it will clearly be his own choice so I don't think it is fair that we rally the pitchforks against Des or Raelene.
She bloody knows , or she should know .she's the CEO right?

See what I take from this , is its either a badly managed club where information is not communicated or she's deadset lying.

I don't even understand why she's lying , what's the big deal if this comes out?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
She bloody knows , or she should know .she's the CEO right?

See what I take from this , is its either a badly managed club where information is not communicated or she's deadset lying.

I don't even understand why she's lying , what's the big deal if this comes out?
She's not lying but she's defiantly spinning the question because he hasn't been released YET and is still on contract next year.
The way she's answered it though means he's gone otherwise she would have hit it right on the head and ended speculation and said hes on contract and will be here next year.

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad if Rona goes, been boss over the last two seasons but union has got the money so fuck me. maybe we can move Mbye further back and bring in Foran

Malla

Reaction score
Would be sad seeing him go, but end of the day why wouldn't you chase a 700k deal to play at home? Plus he will get to travel the world playing on the Western Force.

All the best to him if he does in fact go.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
why not? I blame Des for everything because he's a ****!

kicked my toe in the dark last night and yelled out fuck you hasler!
I blame Des for everything too, he and Aunty Whatever, have to go ASAP

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the following souths,tigers brisbane,manly, raiders,sharks or newtown jets.

Cant say exactly but its in that list.
If he goes to rugby, it will be sad but beat it, if he goes to another NRL team I will be so mad.......

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of hog wash from the media and some of you in here.

you have been strongly rejecting this rumour from day one even though it is gaining full momentum.

I sincerely hope you are on the money on this one too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's all bullshit.

Force are in the red, so $700k for a player or remotely close it's rubbish.

Rumour is the club only has < $ 1mill in the bank and ARU want to "centralize" the club.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/31950297/aru-begins-force-bailout/

It'd be like getting a job at Masters at the moment. Only a matter of time before you are done.

Why hasn't it been debunked by Rona? Our players have a social media policy in their contracts and part of that is not to respond to rumors.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whether this is media bullshit or not, if the **** doesn't want to be here then let the **** fuck off.

Why would you want any player who doesn't want to play for us to play for us?

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Spoke to Curtis old man today and these were his words........3 year contract with Force pending, once wannabe (wallaby) coach got wind the ARU bumped up the contract and the rest is history. He loved his time at the dogs but the money, opportunity and chance to be surrounded by his family and his mrs family was too good to refuse especially with a young family of his own.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the best to Rona and his family, hope he finishes the season with a Premiership ring in great form.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sums up what I thought was going on with Rona. Sad but as said if we land Foran & Mead or someone who can finish like Nofoluma or Fusitiau or someone then so be it.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rona should be playing left centre
He holds the ball in his left and palms with the right hand
He's on the wrong side of the field

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So.. Sam Perrett announced he was retiring today. Does anyone honestly think we'd release BOTH of our wingers?

This goes along with what I had heard (club wanted to move Perrett on, and Rona would be retatined in his current contract).

Brenkos signing is to cover Stanley (who despite being contracted next year is unikely to play again for us).
Mead (if he comes across) will cover Perrett.

Spoke to Curtis old man today and these were his words........3 year contract with Force pending, once wannabe (wallaby) coach got wind the ARU bumped up the contract and the rest is history. He loved his time at the dogs but the money, opportunity and chance to be surrounded by his family and his mrs family was too good to refuse especially with a young family of his own.
Not saying you are wrong, but you have a single post to your account, and only joined up today.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.. Sam Perrett announced he was retiring today. Does anyone honestly think we'd release BOTH of our wingers?

This goes along with what I had heard (club wanted to move Perrett on, and Rona would be retatined in his current contract).

Brenkos signing is to cover Stanley (who despite being contracted next year is unikely to play again for us).
Mead (if he comes across) will cover Perrett.
I hope you are correct. It makes sense for us to sign Lee to cover Stanley and Perrett. Hopefully Rona stays for one more year at least if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.