Semi Radradra threatening to leave NRL and join overseas rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I only believe things when they are fact and I only worry about the things I can do something about.

View attachment 85
Best way to be mate,
No point worry about things you can't control
That being said, where there is smoke,
I think it's all manager talk,
I doubt semi would be initiating any of it,
He was just thankful to be playing and earning money for his family,

What is your guess?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best way to be mate,
No point worry about things you can't control
That being said, where there is smoke,
I think it's all manager talk,
I doubt semi would be initiating any of it,
He was just thankful to be playing and earning money for his family,

What is your guess?
Semi hold JH in very high esteem and I imagine, is the person he would go to for advise. I think you are on the money Skippy. The Eels is Semi's home away from home.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True though it should only be based on your footy origin not your whole personal history as its just footy for entertainment.
Yeh, I just like the rules because its the last bastion of loyalty left in league and the players, at least most of them love playing for their state. Also doesn't Fiji go for QLD? I know PNG does.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like Barba 2012-13 . Contract which was signed before he hit form is way below his potential market value. Now him and his manager are trying to renegade on the current contract so they can cash in on his popularity.

Reactions: Kaz

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like Barba 2012-13 . Contract which was signed before he hit form is way below his potential market value. Now him and his manager are trying to renegade on the current contract so they can cash in on his popularity.

please dont compare a nice guy like semi to that germ.

it is not even close to like barba 2012.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok see ya. The bloke is Fijian born and bred. That right there should be ineligible for S.O.O and definitely not be allowed to play for the Kangaroos. Just because he lived in the country for 3 years does not make him Australian. Can hardly speak english ffs

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nothing story.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True though Radradra wants to play for NSW and Australia, looking at his case he should be eligible as he started playing league in Sydney when he first learnt the game. I'd say its not fair for players who actually want to play origin but their age and circumstances mean they can't.
Does that make him Australian though?

He should be nowhere near an Aussie jersey. He is Fijian, born there, lived there majority of his life.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does that make him Australian though?

He should be nowhere near an Aussie jersey. He is Fijian, born there, lived there majority of his life.
I think it's fair to say no to Australia as he is Fijian but for origin he should be able to play as he his origin in league is Sydney because that's where he came out and played for the first time I believe.

Origin is a nice concept but it should only be based on footy origin not your actual place of birth or where you lived as a child because lets be real it's only an entertainment series put on for money and if you have good players who actually have their league origin from NSW or QLD why wouldn't you want them to play?

People like Graham and Burgess wouldn't be allowed to play as they actually started their league origin in England while someone like Semi actually started it in Sydney.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say no to Australia as he is Fijian but for origin he should be able to play as he his origin in league is Sydney because that's where he came out and played for the first time I believe.

Origin is a nice concept but it should only be based on footy origin not your actual place of birth or where you lived as a child because lets be real it's only an entertainment series put on for money and if you have good players who actually have their league origin from NSW or QLD why wouldn't you want them to play?

People like Graham and Burgess wouldn't be allowed to play as they actually started their league origin in England while someone like Semi actually started it in Sydney.
Yea i agree with most of this, except that just turns origin in to an All Star game with internationals playing.

The thing that makes origin soo good is the fact that most of the players are bred in those stats and have an hatred for the other state when they play. The only emotion Semi would have is laughter. Laughing straight to the bank.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea i agree with most of this, except that just turns origin in to an All Star game with internationals playing.

The thing that makes origin soo good is the fact that most of the players are bred in those stats and have an hatred for the other state when they play. The only emotion Semi would have is laughter. Laughing straight to the bank.
Atleast NSW would score some points finally haha

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atleast NSW would score some points finally haha
Yea but as a QLD supporter, i wouldnt want to see that hahaha

(Usually have to add in that I've been supporting QLD since the 90s when a few of the Bulldogs were playing for them. Smith, Dallas etc)

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea but as a QLD supporter, i wouldnt want to see that hahaha

(Usually have to add in that I've been supporting QLD since the 90s when a few of the Bulldogs were playing for them. Smith, Dallas etc)
Haha but some competition is always good :p

Nothing wrong with supporting the Dogs and QLD.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha but some competition is always good[emoji14]
Nothing wrong with supporting the Dogs and QLD.
Its more the fact i done my schooling in Sydney, moved back to NZ in 05' when the streak started, moved to Brisbane when the streak ended.

Everyone just assumes im a bandwagon supporter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.