Semi Radradra threatening to leave NRL and join overseas rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PARRAMATTA star Semi Radradra is threatening to walk out on the NRL and rugby league altogether in the wake of recent developments on his State of Origin eligibility.

News Corp journalist Paul Kent broke the news on NRL 360 that Radradra is considering joining rugby union overseas.

The news comes after Queensland and NSW heavies both hosed down suggestions the Origin eligibility laws will be changed to accommodate Radradra representing the Blues, and ultimately Australia.

The Fijian-born Eels flyer is said to be filthy at the news, and will weigh up his options in walking out on the game.

“His whole ambition was to become the best Fijian to ever play in the NRL, and because he’s not allowed to play Origin he will never eclipse the likes of Lote Tuqiri, or Jarryd Hayne, or Petero Civoniceva,” Kent said.

Parramatta's Semi Radradra makes a break.Source: News Corp Australia
Following a standout game against the Bulldogs last week the calls for Radradra to represent NSW grew loud.

The rules say a player is eligible to represent the state in which he was born, or played rugby league before the age of 13.

Radradra was born in Fiji and hadn’t played the game by the time he turned 13, so is therefor ineligible.

Calls for the rules to be changed, or stretched, have been howled down by some of the game’s biggest and most respected names.

Fox Sports commentator Gorden Tallis warned international rugby league “is going to die” if exemptions keep being allowed for Origin.

Radradra is currently contracted to Parramatta until the end of 2018 but is earning roughly $250,000 a season - significantly less than he could potentially field in European or Japanese rugby.

Radradra’s management was forced to deny rumours in November the Dally M winger of the year was disgruntled with his current deal and was considering cutting his contract short.

“There is nothing in it. There are no dramas there at all. Everything is fine,” agent George Christodoulou said at the time.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let him go,
Let him go,
Sing that in frozen song,

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We're there is smoke there's fire and radradra has every right to bail on this shit brand NRL

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly there is nothing wrong with him wanting to play Origin, he only learnt and played the game what 3 years ago and that was with Parra which is in NSW correct?

These new and tighter origin rules are biased against people who just learn the game, switch to the game or play at an older age for whatever reason

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We're there is smoke there's fire and radradra has every right to bail on this shit brand NRL
I don't agree mate,
The guy was bought over to the NRL as a no body, who didn't even know the rules,
Was turned into an awesome player and getting paid money he would never have dreamed of,

I think this is all his manager talking,
Either way, rules are rules, and he is deemed ineligible to play origin, same as many others before him,
It's sad but true reality

I hope the NRL stand strong on this,

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Load of shit this one... and is that "on Parra's books at $250k", because I reckon he would be on almost double that.

So they won't change the rules for Origin, yet make exceptions for f'n Greg Inglis.. OK!

I think there's a FAR easier way to resolve this.. PISS ORIGIN OFF..

If they must stop the comp for 2-3 rounds and have a Continental Championships. NZ vs Fiji vs Australia.. something like that.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly there is nothing wrong with him wanting to play Origin, he only learnt and played the game what 3 years ago and that was with Parra which is in NSW correct?

These new and tighter origin rules are biased against people who just learn the game, switch to the game or play at an older age for whatever reason
They will never grow the international game if they start letting all top foreign players play origin.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd rather play a professional international sport than this piece of shit competition you call the nrl

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I don't agree mate,
The guy was bought over to the NRL as a no body, who didn't even know the rules,
Was turned into an awesome player and getting paid money he would never have dreamed of,

I think this is all his manager talking,
Either way, rules are rules, and he is deemed ineligible to play origin, same as many others before him,
It's sad but true reality

I hope the NRL stand strong on this,
To be fair his playing for parra you can't blame him for leaving lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They will never grow the international game if they start letting all top foreign players play origin.
True though Radradra wants to play for NSW and Australia, looking at his case he should be eligible as he started playing league in Sydney when he first learnt the game. I'd say its not fair for players who actually want to play origin but their age and circumstances mean they can't.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
True though Radradra wants to play for NSW and Australia, looking at his case he should be eligible as he started playing league in Sydney when he first learnt the game. I'd say its not fair for players who actually want to play origin but their age and circumstances mean they can't.
They can't let him play cause he wants to represent NSW,
But if he wanted to play for QLD then they would make an exception

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
PPFFFFFFTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! Another load of crap.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its wont be nsw vs qld if they do that, they may as well just make it an all stars game. Is he even an Australia citizen? or if he just on a visa?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its wont be nsw vs qld if they do that, they may as well just make it an all stars game. Is he even an Australia citizen? or if he just on a visa?
Well technically his footy origin is NSW so I don't see why he wouldn't be more of NSW player than say Tamou

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Well technically his footy origin is NSW so I don't see why he wouldn't be more of NSW player than say Tamou
Isn't it if they choose to play for Australia rather than there country that makes them applicable

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
the new rules were to prevent situations like tamou, radradra

Status
Not open for further replies.