2014 World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
seriously india being our rival to host the world cup lol, cbb1911 should apologise tbh

i get that india are emerging but they dont give a **** about football and take a look at what happened to the F1 race there, the government forced the grand prix to shut down with tax disputes and differing opinions on how much india should get (they wanted a % of the total F1 revenue), this doesnt sound like an easy country for fifa to bend over and rape

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
North Korea won the world cup ffs

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously india being our rival to host the world cup lol, cbb1911 should apologise tbh

i get that india are emerging but they dont give a **** about football and take a look at what happened to the F1 race there, the government forced the grand prix to shut down with tax disputes and differing opinions on how much india should get (they wanted a % of the total F1 revenue), this doesnt sound like an easy country for fifa to bend over and rape
You are delusional if you think I should apologise for voicing a valid opinion.

How about you apologise to the Indian people for doubting their pulling power and passion for football?

You do know India is hosting the 2017 U-17 Fifa World Cup? You know why? Because FIFA has started to tap into the market with a touch of lube.

As they say money talks, bullshit walks.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
india is a semi-valid opinion, but for sure you should apologise for suggesting that uruguay host the world cup for the 100 year anniversary lol

if money talks what about uruguay with a total budget of 15 billion a year and the world cup costing about that much

brazil with a trillion dollar economy had protests, imagine what would happen in uruguay, the whole country will go on a biting rampage

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw trinidad and tabago hosted the U17 world cup, maybe they should try to host the world cup ffs

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you still cannot get it through your head that there is no money for FIFA to make if the WC was to be hosted in Australia?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
you still cannot get it through your head that there is no money for FIFA to make if the WC was to be hosted in Australia?
You talking legit money or dirty money like Qatar?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they gave Messi the Golden Ball because they felt sorry he couldn't win the World Cup. Messi was alright but I don't think he was the player of the World Cup.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Qatar definately should not of won the bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

FIFA wants to expand football into ASIA, though Australia is down the pecking order in regards to the population, profits and the general fact of its poor popularity here

China and India arguably already have the two largest middle-class populations in the World, have oodles of billionaries and rising, have ever increasingly standards of living albeit with a large disparity between the rich and the poor.

They're both be in the top 3 largest economies within the decade. If either of these countries truly want the World Cup, they will get it first time they bid. That's why FIFA are tapping into this market.

India's a bit further down the track, and football has to become more popular but there too are just so many carrots and opportunities for football and associated sponsors etc that they'll have to be compelling bids to go against them should they bid for a World Cup beyond 2034. Who in their right mind would have thought Qatar would get the 2022 World Cup 10 years ago? 5 years ago? 2 years ago? One year ago?

FIFA will follow the money that China and India offer. China will definitely and India quite likely will get a World Cup before we do.

2018 - Russia
2022 - Qatar
2026 - North America - USA
2030 - South America - Argentina/Uruguay (100th Anniversary of first World Cup)
2034 - Europe - Italy (100th Anniversary of first European World Cup) or England
2038 - Asia - China
2042 - Africa - Egypt?
2046 - Europe - England or Spain or Italy?
2050 - North America - Mexico?
2054 - South America - Brazil or Columbia?
2058 - Europe - England or Spain or Italy
2062 - Asia - India or Australia?
Cant argue with your post and WC hosting schedule.
However a wanker named Blatter who runs FIFA wants to send a WC to Mars or Jupter this century . lol

The Intergalactic Cup . Not sure we will be alive to see E.T lift the cup

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why not? tv rights is where the money is and our games would be prime time for asia and daytime for europe and morning for america

trust me australia is a very attractive destination compared to india, and we want it about 8 times as much as indians want it, our team has qualified for 3 straight world cups, india have qualified for the asian cup once in my lifetime of 30 years

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Qatar definately should not of won the bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

FIFA wants to expand football into ASIA, though Australia is down the pecking order in regards to the population, profits and the general fact of its poor popularity here

China and India arguably already have the two largest middle-class populations in the World, have oodles of billionaries and rising, have ever increasingly standards of living albeit with a large disparity between the rich and the poor.

They're both be in the top 3 largest economies within the decade. If either of these countries truly want the World Cup, they will get it first time they bid. That's why FIFA are tapping into this market.

India's a bit further down the track, and football has to become more popular but there too are just so many carrots and opportunities for football and associated sponsors etc that they'll have to be compelling bids to go against them should they bid for a World Cup beyond 2034. Who in their right mind would have thought Qatar would get the 2022 World Cup 10 years ago? 5 years ago? 2 years ago? One year ago?

FIFA will follow the money that China and India offer. China will definitely and India quite likely will get a World Cup before we do.

2018 - Russia
2022 - Qatar
2026 - North America - USA
2030 - South America - Argentina/Uruguay (100th Anniversary of first World Cup)
2034 - Europe - Italy (100th Anniversary of first European World Cup) or England
2038 - Asia - China
2042 - Africa - Egypt?
2046 - Europe - England or Spain or Italy?
2050 - North America - Mexico?
2054 - South America - Brazil or Columbia?
2058 - Europe - England or Spain or Italy
2062 - Asia - India or Australia?
I reckon soon we will have a worldcup In isreal which will be won by isreal.

India hosting the worldcup? They are ranked 154 in the world at the moment..... all records will be broken against the team india if that happens forget about home team progressing to next round.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
indiandog even understands why it shouldnt be in india ffs:p

sorry about bagging out your country btw indiandog, i feel like an asshole tbh but i really dont like that list including uruguay and india

if somebody mentioned cuba to host the world cup to continue some stupid rotation i would also go on about how that country is not suitable

the 3 term confederation rotation will be changed exactly when they are forced to return to africa, ofc or south america

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
indiandog even understands why it shouldnt be in india ffs:p

sorry about bagging out your country btw indiandog, i feel like an asshole tbh but i really dont like that list including uruguay and india

if somebody mentioned cuba to host the world cup to continue some stupid rotation i would also go on about how that country is not suitable

the 3 term confederation rotation will be changed exactly when they are forced to return to africa, ofc or south america
Just to get the record straight, I am indian but india is not my country, infact i ve never been to india. :D

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the World Cup was held in Australia where would they play?

Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide & Hobart?

Venues like ANZ would suck as your too far away from the action.

India? They would rather cricket.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If the World Cup was held in Australia where would they play?

Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide & Hobart?

Venues like ANZ would suck as your too far away from the action.

India? They would rather cricket.
i still like the NZ/AUS thing, it makes sense because OFC currently receive 0.5 world cup qualification spots, why not host 0.5 of a world cup too?

like i said they would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, the world cup on the australian continent and an OFC world cup

Sydney (new stadium), Brisbane (Suncorp), Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne, Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Canberra, Newcastle and maybe Gold Coast or Nth Queensland location

Status
Not open for further replies.