If we miss the 8 - should Hasler be sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
My pleasure utility half! For nothing else, you are a realist I grant you that. That's why people like me exist - to point things out to you, because, like you admit, what do you really know? Ahhh there will always be shepherds and sheep...
baaaaa

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
This is really divided. It's about 50-50. My concern is, that surprise grand finalists ie parra, easts, warriors have all struggled the next year. Last year the bulldogs lost only 6 matches . Our for and against was plus 200. I for one , and bookmakers didnt expect us to be 8-7. I'm sure those on this forum, expected something like 10-4.
Should Des Hasler get the sack if the dogs miss the 8? Well, maybe we should ask Graham Murray, who took an average easts team to the 2000 GF , and then they finished 6th in 2001, and he was sacked !
a) this has nothing to do with wanking and
b) Politis is a gimp
what is your point?

C

CB 1935

I'll refer you to the middle of page 2. in case you missed it ^
A solid response indeed - I must admit I missed it - I tend to ignore comments or dialogue with swearing and obscenities in it, as I equate that ,my bad, with low IQ levels and high insecurity issues.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What colour Pills are you on Green or Red??

1974 BERRIES

Waterboy
Reaction score
a) this has nothing to do with wanking and
b) Politis is a gimp
what is your point?
My point is, that coaches even those who have had success, can get punted, unless they produce.
I have always been told, take nothing for granted.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys - with us having the bye this week, I have been contemplating the good and the bad of our season in 2013. I know what I am demanding may cause angst, but lets have a thorough analysis into this - if we miss the 8, then Hasler should be, in my opinion,sacked. Why?

1 With our roster, missing the 8 is an absolute disgrace.

2 Who has he brought to our club? That slab of crap Tony Williams and zero else - he implied Foran,DCE,Lyon,both Stewarts and Matai would follow him to us.

3 Our new young guns like Jackson and Finucane are going backwards in their development this year - Jackson has gone from SOO possibility to the bench!

4 We cant seem to compete with the top 8 teams this year - who cares if we beat Parra every week and get obliterated by the big guns?

5 We have no new attacking structures - once we got found out, and our sweeping obstruction plays which resulted in many a great but illegal try were banned, this year we having zero - fat duck egg.

6 Our for and against is atrocious - it is negative, and we are in the 8? Feel proud or
embarassed Mr Hasler?

7 Who is going to control his massive ego now that Greenburg has gone? When we dont make the 8, he will go insane and blame everyone but himself like Frankenstein's monster!

8 Finally, lets not forget that he had a magnificent roster at Manly when he won those two comps, and had Melb not cheated in 2007 maybe they would have won 3.

Is he the coach the media make out? I dont think so - time to go Mr Hasler!!!
hasler has to go, the leagues club has to go, belmore oval has to go, jesus even the ball boys have to go if we don't make the 8....
are you for real with this post

C

CB 1935

hasler has to go, the leagues club has to go, belmore oval has to go, jesus even the ball boys have to go if we don't make the 8....
are you for real with this post
I apologise for being a bulldogs fan with an alternative view to 10% of people on this forum.I firmly believe we are in trouble when Greenburg moves on, and with the future lack of success. We have moved away from our family club values,and become the Western Suburbs Rorters, buying everything that moves - a rabid transit lounge. I for one cannot and will not accept this - Hasler and co its time to go! Bring back Jimmy!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Well ..... if nothing else, you've livened up the place today.

:thumb:

Imma come back later and edit the sailor's tongue out ... you kids play nice, or someone is gonna delete the whole shebang.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This thread is fucking stupid ! You say hasler won his premierships at manly with a team of champions ? He BUILT that team ! He was with them for 4 or 5 years before they cracked the big one. Prior to him taking over, they were one of the easy beats in the comp. remember the game hazem broke the consecutive goals record at brookie ? We smoked them by 40 or something. That was manly before hasler.
If we give him time, we will reap the benefits.

1974 BERRIES

Waterboy
Reaction score
I apologise for being a bulldogs fan with an alternative view to 10% of people on this forum.I firmly believe we are in trouble when Greenburg moves on, and with the future lack of success. We have moved away from our family club values,and become the Western Suburbs Rorters, buying everything that moves - a rabid transit lounge. I for one cannot and will not accept this - Hasler and co its time to go! Bring back Jimmy!
Dont know if Jimmy Dymock is head coach material. Finishing 6th-8th and being bundled out in week one, I suspect is not acceptable for fans on this forum. . With our playing roster, a top 4 berth hours be the benchmark. Both the roosters and manly have inferior squads, yet Toovey and Robinson have their sides sitting higher than us on the ladder. That concerns me . Graham Murray got the sack 9 months after his side made a GF. Surely Des Hasler won't suffer the same fate.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Hi guys - with us having the bye this week, I have been contemplating the good and the bad of our season in 2013. I know what I am demanding may cause angst, but lets have a thorough analysis into this - if we miss the 8, then Hasler should be, in my opinion,sacked. Why?

1 With our roster, missing the 8 is an absolute disgrace.

2 Who has he brought to our club? That slab of crap Tony Williams and zero else - he implied Foran,DCE,Lyon,both Stewarts and Matai would follow him to us.

3 Our new young guns like Jackson and Finucane are going backwards in their development this year - Jackson has gone from SOO possibility to the bench!

4 We cant seem to compete with the top 8 teams this year - who cares if we beat Parra every week and get obliterated by the big guns?

5 We have no new attacking structures - once we got found out, and our sweeping obstruction plays which resulted in many a great but illegal try were banned, this year we having zero - fat duck egg.

6 Our for and against is atrocious - it is negative, and we are in the 8? Feel proud or
embarassed Mr Hasler?

7 Who is going to control his massive ego now that Greenburg has gone? When we dont make the 8, he will go insane and blame everyone but himself like Frankenstein's monster!

8 Finally, lets not forget that he had a magnificent roster at Manly when he won those two comps, and had Melb not cheated in 2007 maybe they would have won 3.

Is he the coach the media make out? I dont think so - time to go Mr Hasler!!!
If we dont make the 8 this year , I think questions should be asked - but he should not be sacked . If we came last this year - maybe .
Having said that , if we dont perform next year - but I cant see that happening - sure .
But in Des I trust , I think we will push hard for the 4th spot and power into the semis

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is cb 1935 really Paul kent.....most short on stories this week......back page of DT next week dogs fan want hasler sacked

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Sack him, sack the board. No let's sack the whole club.........

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
This has to be the record for someone getting the most thumbs down in a single thread

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are not in trouble when Greenberg moves on he had a vision to improve the club's reputation which he has done very successfully
And you must realise this is a business and its all or nothing and you buy the best to be the best
The. Family club culture can still exist but not like it once did

And I think this not the exact team hasler wants but it's the best he has the ATM

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the club was run by some of the decisions and opinions by some of the people here there would be 10000 sacking threads and there would be no more CB 1935-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.