DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 11 | Bulldogs v Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Having Lafai and Inu as left centre /wing with Morris and Perrett on the right would give us our best back line ibn both attack and defence.

Not so much as having Inu as the "enforcer" on the left side but he plays top football in that position and Lafai goes much better at left centre.
I just think that back line will cover some of our lapses in defense and attack + it will put players back on their preferred sides.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba played by far his best game this year and our forwards stepped up a notch, but Lafai is a ball hog who needs to learn to pass and our wingers were shown up a few times and Grub needs his foot cut off because he cant kick to save his life.....a pretty enjoyable game though and great to be back in the winners circle.............now to text all those f#$kwitts back that were giving it to me before the game

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Disappointed that Morris didn't score on his 100th </3

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Graham Stats : 185 m from 20 runs, 35 tackles, 0 error, 0 miss tackle, 0 try
Tolman Stats : 185 m from 20 runs, 33 tackles, 0 error, 2 miss tackles, 1 try

.....look alike stats :P
Insane stats indeed.!!!

Pity though that Browne only got about 8 minutes to play. But in that time still made 44m 4 hitups and 3 tackles.

Pritchard was monsterous tonight... also Big Kas put on a few nice solid hits.

Was impressed by Mitch Brown too..

Downside for me is Perrett/Lafais wing is a defensive liability.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insane stats indeed.!!!

Pity though that Browne only got about 8 minutes to play. But in that time still made 44m 4 hitups and 3 tackles.

Pritchard was monsterous tonight... also Big Kas put on a few nice solid hits.

Was impressed by Mitch Brown too..

Downside for me is Perrett/Lafais wing is a defensive liability.
Been telling everyone how good Brown is and they all go on about Lafai. Brown will get better. Need Inu back ASAP to tighten up that right side defence and add more dimension in attack.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Been telling everyone how good Brown is and they all go on about Lafai. Brown will get better. Need Inu back ASAP to tighten up that right side defence and add more dimension in attack.
Agreed re inu however lafai does concern me as his game isnt improving like i first thought it would. I feel for Perrett

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you please also tell me what the margin will be next week so I can make some money thank you :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely...

Mitch Brown was unfortunate to be behind a few decent backs at Tigers. Good to see he's starting to show some skills. Really safe under the high ball, but we haven't had a chance to see him in open space, though he is an excellent finisher too.

Re Lafai/Perrett.. I honestly don't think it's Perrett. Perrett has been solid with Inu in the centres, which tends to suggest the problem is Lafai coming in/not marking his man, leaving Sam with an overlap to cover.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please also tell me what the margin will be next week so I can make some money thank you :D
May half time I predicted the full time score to be dogs 24 broncos 10. Was on the money until that last try :(

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May half time I predicted the full time score to be dogs 24 broncos 10. Was on the money until that last try :(
I had Dogs 13+ until the last minute :(

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The boys went well tonight considering the conditions. Ball security was much better and impressed me considering the weather.

We are making good metres with our forwards but we still look lost in attack. We should have scored a few more trys!

We look lost in their 20m zone. We are getting repeat sets so that is a good sign but we need more work here.

Barba is getting back to where he needs to be.

dorikin

Waterboy
Reaction score
What happened at the little melee at the end? Who was involved in that

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second half attack was a lot better, even in the 20m zone. I think they are trying too hard and want to score of every play. Reynolds and Hodko need to work on their short kicking game to get us repeat sets when we don't/can't score.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely...

Mitch Brown was unfortunate to be behind a few decent backs at Tigers. Good to see he's starting to show some skills. Really safe under the high ball, but we haven't had a chance to see him in open space, though he is an excellent finisher too.

Re Lafai/Perrett.. I honestly don't think it's Perrett. Perrett has been solid with Inu in the centres, which tends to suggest the problem is Lafai coming in/not marking his man, leaving Sam with an overlap to cover.
I agree, Brown was making good runs off the kick returns and looked to bust a few times and as to the tigers having decent backs, Joel Reddy was def a better choice for them (I chuckled too much haha).

Hopefully Inu comes back for good even more fit and fixes up those lapses Perrett is struggling to handle all him self (he isn't doing too bad of a job for one man!).

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know how long we have Mitch Brown for?

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The absence of Tony Williams this match spoke volumes...hopefully Des has seen this and play him off the bench. FFS Tim Browne runs 10x harder than Tony Williams.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The absence of Tony Williams this match spoke volumes...hopefully Des has seen this and play him off the bench. FFS Tim Browne runs 10x harder than Tony Williams.
T-Rex is damaging when running hard in attack. Off the bench is his game after 20mins or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.