DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 11 | Bulldogs v Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Broncos are in the top 8 and smashed the Titans last week who are also in the top 8.
They arent a bad side, it was a good win by our team!

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are a good team, but they were missing Reed, Stagg and Hannant. We were missing Inu and T-Rex. I think the impact if their injuries were greater than ours.

Notwithstanding this, it was a solid win in trying conditions. The boys will get a lot of confidence from this. We will see more ball movement against the Dragons if weather conditions are dry.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite our attack falling short sometimes the commitment in defence was there and it was still a solid win.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully it reminds the boys that you have to grind out wins. For the full 80.
They can't expect to blow teams of the park. Get in the arm wrestle and complete sets.

I thought also the ability to get repeat sets from Hodko and ennis was excellent.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
are we the most inept team in the opp 20 or what
Im glad I'm not the only one concerned with our poor attack in the opposition 20. We had enough sets in their 20 to rack up a huge score.

im happy for the win and the improvement of some players but our attack in ghe opposition 20 is concerning me . We seem to flat footed.Also I'm kinda getting over Perrett coming in all the time. Teams will target him

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How good was it to see Tolman get a try and man of the match?

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im glad I'm not the only one concerned with our poor attack in the opposition 20. We had enough sets in their 20 to rack up a huge score.
If you think about it, it wasn't much better last year. Most of our points came from outside the 20 off line breaks

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
are we the most inept team in the opp 20 or what
Considering all our 4 tries came from plays inside the 20 i cant agree. Broncos defence was pretty decent, and i thought they played well and were intense for 80 minutes. Also factor in the conditions, and you should not have expected a lot of razzle dazzle anyway. You expect a try every time we are in the 20m or what? Unrealistic

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i love reynolds' passion and effort, but someone needs to teach him how to kick. hes had some shockers lately. i can think of at least 2 last night that went way too deep. and another that went 20m sideways.

maybe its harder to get a clean hit on a wet ball?? i dunno??

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I was at the game and there were a few people disrespecting the minutes silence as usual. Very disappointing.
Fkn grubs! How hard is it to just STFU for 1 minute. Some people just have no respect, I wish it was legal in those instances to take to them with a bat!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fkn grubs! How hard is it to just STFU for 1 minute. Some people just have no respect, I wish it was legal in those instances to take to them with a bat!
that happens at any event where people feel the need to be disrespectable, one night at suncorp stadium there was a bloke mouthing off during a minute silence, old mate in front of him turned around and just beat the crap out of him, it was so wrong to do, but so right at the same time

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Were we a week late for the Women of League round?..How come this week we were wearing pink..looks great but odd I thought. I want the new black/blue Jersey.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Were we a week late for the Women of League round?..How come this week we were wearing pink..looks great but odd I thought. I want the new black/blue Jersey.
Yeah, we did it this week instead of last for some reason. There was a message that those jerseys were on sale at the stadium last night. If you want one you might want to be quick, I think they are limited

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the jerseys and I had to decide to either buy one for me or a wee baby one for my future little one..I couldnt decide..lols. But will got one next Friday for sure.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Always the same corner. I am not a racisit person but it is always a teenage middle eastern boy or boys who are the disrepectful ones. Please don't treat this as a racist comment. It is just the fact.
Thats probably at ANZ , you come to Suncorp and you will get a "queenslander!" shout every single time whenever the games observe one minute silence for anything.... that is also a fact.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. Wet weather footy too, so I wasn't expecting anything expansive anyways. The communication and combinations will come in time too

15 rounds to go, patience is a virtue, especially with a coach like Hasler. We're about 2 months behind the competition and only really just getting started the last few weeks. That will never be lost on me
Actually post match they were talking and they reckon Hasler is deliberately pacing the team to stay under the radar, and so they don't peak too early. It was stated that the Dogs have a lot more in the tank that they are holding back on.

I'm kinda getting over Perrett coming in all the time. Teams will target him
That's because Lafai is moving off his marked player inwards, leaving Perrett to try and cover both centre and winger.

From TG: Because Women of League round was last week and it wasn't a home game for us, we wanted to do something in addition to last week, so had the limited edition jerseys made, of which the players ones were being auctioned off after the game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Thats probably at ANZ , you come to Suncorp and you will get a "queenslander!" shout every single time whenever the games observe one minute silence for anything.... that is also a fact.
The true and real "fact" is that its got nothing to do with being a qlder or middle eastern or gay or a fukin alien its got to do with being a dickhead and not being able to have respect for yourself or anyone else!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The true and real "fact" is that its got nothing to do with being a qlder or middle eastern or gay or a fukin alien its got to do with being a dickhead and not being able to have respect for yourself or anyone else!
Agree 100%. Sadly respect has been lost somewhere along the way.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You are always correct my friend and funny............... now say something funny :D

Status
Not open for further replies.